Logan vs Endgame

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Which "Conclusion" film did you prefer?

Also...

Which leading man had the better death: Wolverine or Iron Man?

Endgame is for sure going to win the poll, but Logan is better to me by a country mile.
Better acting, better writing, it holds it tone properly. Sure Endgame had better fanboy moments, but when I'm looking at movies as an art form and taking into effect acting, cinematography, score, etc. Logan beats Endgame on a lot of those things which makes Logan the better movie to me.

About your spoiler...I really can't decide they both were so damn good

Logan is probably the better film, but Endgame is more enjoyable

Logan by a country mile. Endgame was pretty great but the lack of focus (as well as some odd tonal shifts) kept it well in 2nd place.

Logan.

To be fair, Endgame was harder to pull off and deserves credit for how effective the conclusion was, but still with the smaller scope, Logan is truthfully the tighter final installment.

Logan by a mile. Primarily because we know it's THE end for Hugh's Wolverine.

But X23 turning that cross into an X was just...I lost it.

Endgame was good, but I think because of the size of it not everyone got the fitting conclusion that they needed. Logan was very focused, very character driven and ultimately I think it hit me more on a personal level because Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart had been playing those characters for the better part of two decades.

Reactions: MbJ
Okay
IMO Logan is the Shakespearean tragedy of cbm. It's performances and storytelling are tighter than Endgame, but it's scope is much much smaller. Logan is the better film on balance but that's like comparing the Godfather to Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

As for deaths, Tony wins hands down - because he completely accepts and owns it - he knows that using the stones will kill him, and unlike Logan he had everything to live for - and therefore so much more to lose. For Logan it was a final blaze if glory, for Tony it was the ultimate noble sacrifice and complete redemption of his character.

To me, this is like comparing apples to oranges.

I think that Logan is objectively the better film. Endgame, while an awesome movie, is elevated by everything that had set it up. Logan didn't have nearly as much of that luxury (because the X-Men movies have been a very inconsistent series of film).

Both movies freakin' wrecked me on an emotional level, though.

Liked Endgame a lot, but I walked out of it with far more criticisms and disappointments than I did with Logan, so Logan for me.

As for the endings, not ashamed to admit both brought a tear to my eye.

Logan by a country mile to both questions. It's a masterpiece topped only by TDK IMO versus a movie that while glorious, is equally frustrating and nonsensical.

I prefer my comic book films to be awfully comic booky, so a movie like Endgame that steers hard into the genre is always going to win my vote over a solid western (Logan) or crime film (TDK) with light comic book theming. I didn't care for the open mockery of comic books, X-24, the broken series continuity or death via log, and I ain't giving Logan bonus points for eschewing costumes and being super dark and gritty. For me it's Endgame every day and twice on Sundays.

Loved Logan, but this one's easy.

End Game is the best superhero movie ever made and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Endgame. No superhero movie has a stronger emotional core than this movie for me. This is why a slower paced movie is so effective. Scenes need time to breath and reflect. I do gotta say Logan does come very close in this regard tho. Others are Spider-Man 2 and Superman 1978. All very great cbm that hit u in the gut with its choices. But Endgame takes the cake for me.

By Logan, I was already tired of Fox pushing Wolverine on us movie after movie and while I can appreciate how excellent it is and the overall quality makes it the best Fox movie, I just have no overwhelming desire to see it again.

I wanted to watch Endgame the very next day.

Logan is my choice. Endgame also had me filled with plenty of emotions, however at the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"