Logan vs Endgame

Logan was probably the best X-Men based film since X2, however the epicness of Endgame cannot be topped by any other CBM movie in my mind.

Logan died and who was there to mourn? Laura and bunch of kids who aren't familiar with him.

Compare that to the deaths in Endgame, Endgame is much more impactful. And Logan really gives an ugly ending to the X-Men. So much for that Dofp happy ending and makes Dark PhoeniX even more pointless.

Endgame is really good but it doesn't hold a candle to Logan.

Cool.

I vote "more then holds a candle"

Last edited:
Loved Logan, but this one's easy.

End Game is the best superhero movie ever made and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Logan is my third favorite CBM, but yeah, total agreement. Feels like a strange comparison though. Endgame is a roller coaster of blissful comic book epicness and Logan a gritty Western full of pathos.

Last edited:
Both two of the best comic book movies around and both vastly different which is satisfying in itself, for me Logan just takes it though due to the incredible performances by Stewart, Jackman and Keen and a more focused story throughout.

Both endings though are great examples of how you stick a landing it should be said. *cough* Game of Thrones *cough*

I say Endgame is both more entertaining and the better movie than Logan. People say Logan was 'tighter' or more 'tonally consistent', but I found the whole X24 aspect of the story felt like a very different (more comic booky) movie than the rest and the various kids at the end were just utterly generic and poorly done, so for my money, Logan was just a smaller, more intimate movie, not a better written one. They're both very good overall - don't get me wrong - but Endgame is the more consistent story.

Having said that, Wolverine has the better death, hands down. Iron Man's final line before snapping - while well written - is ridiculously drawn out to the point that it kind of undermines the moment for me. And while Tony has a LOT of stuff leading up to it that's truly great, eh, so does Logan. Him and Charles and Laura together have so many moments that easily equal everything that Tony gets with Pepper/Morgan/Cap, etc, and while Tony's funeral was touching, Laura's mourning for Logan was devastating (even if the pointless kids hovering in the background were annoying).

Last edited:
Endgame was, for me, the more fulfilling and hopeful ending to [many] beloved characters' stories

Logan was more like seeing a relative die in real life, painful and harrowing despite it's inevitability, and something I try not to think about too much ever since

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"