• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LOKI General Discussion Thread

Well, it clearly wasn't the "Loki time-travelling and altering history" description we had back then.

172734.jpg

I think Alligator Loki could get his own spin-off series. It could be a bit like Crocodile Dundee with Alligator Loki coming to New York and being a fish out of water. At the end he could walk over people's heads in a subway to declare his love for a woman.

I know some people didn't like the sitcom approach for WandaVision, but you can't say that they played it safe or didn't try something ambitious, because both WandaVision and Loki are definitely unique in that regard.

So far Loki is even more weird and feels even less appealing than that show, but honestly I love it and hope they continue taking more risks with their projects in the future.

I know some people didn't like the sitcom approach for WandaVision, but you can't say that they played it safe or didn't try something ambitious, because both WandaVision and Loki are definitely unique in that regard.

So far Loki is even more weird and feels even less appealing than that show, but honestly I love it and hope they continue taking more risks with their projects in the future.
I guess we would expect some level of weird with Loki and the show just dialled that up massively. Wandavision could easily have been played straight so what they chose to do was a massive risk, especially as the first Marvel show. Even more so that they didn’t break the sitcom backdrop for the first few episodes.

Wow that last episode. Like I said last week this series is EASILY the best of the 3 IMO. My favorite of them for sure it’s not even close. This just surpasses the other two by so much it’s ridiculous.

Well, it clearly wasn't the "Loki time-travelling and altering history" description we had back then.
Actually, that is still the premise of the show. All the variants are Lokis from different time periods, that altered history. Slyvie is trying to alter the "sacred timeline".

Actually, that is still the premise of the show. All the variants are Lokis from different time periods, that altered history. Slyvie is trying to alter the "sacred timeline".
Mmm yeah, you could say that. But when you have that description against artwork of Loki in the 70's with Jaws playing in the background... it's misleading.

Does variant Loki need to return to the Sacred Timeline the moment he left in order for the events of Endgame to happen?

In the original timeline, Loki gets captured, taken prisoner, becomes Odin, which leads to real Odin’s death. He saves the Space Stone in Ragnarok so that Thanos can get it, which leads to Infinity War and Endgame. So if he disappeared and didn’t return, Thanos doesn’t get the Space Stone and no one gets dusted?

Loki Composer Teases Season Finale's Epic Score (Exclusive)

"I have to say, I think the most I was able to push it was in episode six," Holt explained. "I can't really say more than that, but episode six feels... I scored the end of episode six first, so I knew where I was going, and everything felt like it was seeding that whole kind of thing. I definitely was like, 'This is so cool that I can do this, and I'm being allowed to do this.'"

"And all the things I was asking for, like a huge brass section and a big choir," Holt continued. "We weren't talking about that at the beginning, but it just kind of grew and grew. And the forces that I was using were becoming bigger and bigger and they were just like, 'We'll support you. If this is what you need to do what you want to do, then we'll give it to you.' And I thought that was amazing, to just have the support and the resources. It's been an amazing process and I've just been supported in my vision the whole time. It's like a dream, to be honest."

Does variant Loki need to return to the Sacred Timeline the moment he left in order for the events of Endgame to happen?

In the original timeline, Loki gets captured, taken prisoner, becomes Odin, which leads to real Odin’s death. He saves the Space Stone in Ragnarok so that Thanos can get it, which leads to Infinity War and Endgame. So if he disappeared and didn’t return, Thanos doesn’t get the Space Stone and no one gets dusted?
I don’t think so because I think when the TVA prunes a branch all aberrations are removed (and sent to the void) so it would’ve ‘reset’ everything back to match up with the ‘sacred timeline’ where loki is taken to Asgard and things play out as they ‘should’

I could be wrong though

Once Loki grabbed the Tesseract, the timeline split. One timeline continued as it always had where Loki never grabbed the Tesseract, the other timeline would never have reached Endgame because Loki wasn't around (to help Thor in Ragnarok, etc.). But the change to the second timeline doesn't erase the first timeline (Back to the Future is bullsh*t) and the second timeline doesn't matter anymore because it no longer exists. The TVA destroyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"