Loki is so fu**ed!

Slushy

Superhero
Reaction score
The Other said:
You will have your war, Asgardian. If you fail, if the Tesseract is kept from us, there will be no realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he can not find you. You think you know pain? He will make you long for something as sweet as pain.

I can only imagine what Thanos is going to do once he comes across Loki.

Last edited:
They aren't going to kill Loki. Tumblr wouldn't allow it.

Besides Loki didn't fail, the Chitauri did. In fact Loki delivered on everything. He got the tesseract, opened the portal and in came the weak army that got bludgeoned.

I can't believe we didn't have some fighter jets targeting missiles down that wormhole that probably would've been super effective.

He may die in IW come on if you want to kill someone in IW that causes everyone to go crazy then Thanos killing Loki would do just that.

Besides Loki didn't fail, the Chitauri did. In fact Loki delivered on everything. He got the tesseract, opened the portal and in came the weak army that got bludgeoned.

Good point. Loki was badass. But Loki ultimately did fail. In that he was unable to prevent the Avengers from coming together so ergo in the end Earth had a capable defense force.

I can't believe we didn't have some fighter jets targeting missiles down that wormhole that probably would've been super effective.

With their advanced weaponry the Chitauri would have tore through any fighter jets before they ever even got close enough to the portal. The whole point of the film was that they needed a team of SUPER heroes to "fight the battles they never could". Earth's mightiest heroes.

And herein lies a problem with all of the criticism hurled at these films. If the Avengers get demolished by their foes or need help to win then they're creampuffs. If they show how powerful they really are then the villain/enemy is too weak. I remember people complaining how it took an entire team to defeat an invasion that Superman could have handled single-handedly. But now the Chitauri are cannon fodder. Can't win I guess.

I suppose they could have shown an attempt by the national defense to stop the Chitauri and get destroyed in the process but who's to say they could have even mobilized a response in time? Boom, there's a portal. And armies of aliens are pouring out.

Interestingly enough, they did show British fighter jets attempting to intervene during the events at the climax of the Dark World but they were shown to be useless when they just got sucked into the Convergence.

The Chitauri weren't a threat to the avengers BUT they were a threat to the city. I dont think that's a bad thing. Nor does that make them lackluster. It really takes a Thanos to be a challenge to the Avengers. We're talking a cosmic level powered team here with ridiculous feats.

Good point. Loki was badass. But Loki ultimately did fail. In that he was unable to prevent the Avengers from coming together so ergo in the end Earth had a capable defense force.

With their advanced weaponry the Chitauri would have tore through any fighter jets before they ever even got close enough to the portal. The whole point of the film was that they needed a team of SUPER heroes to "fight the battles they never could". Earth's mightiest heroes.

And herein lies a problem with all of the criticism hurled at these films. If the Avengers get demolished by their foes or need help to win then they're creampuffs. If they show how powerful they really are then the villain/enemy is too weak. I remember people complaining how it took an entire team to defeat an invasion that Superman could have handled single-handedly. But now the Chitauri are cannon fodder. Can't win I guess.

Agreed. Some people just can't be pleased! Also, the Chitauri may not have been the strongest alien invaders in movie history, but what they lacked in individual prowess, they more than made up for in numbers. When Tony goes through the portal, there are still many thousands of aliens waiting to come through. They would have definitely given any modern military a bloody nose, with their sheer numbers helping them to victory. Nothing in conventional military doctrine is designed to deal with the kind of assets the Chitauri can bring to the table. Tanks would be too slow and cumbersome to have any effect. Jets and Choppers would just get swarmed by dozens of jet-skis and infantry would be bombarded from above. Even Nukes wouldn't be that effective as the Chitauri seemed to be more mechanical than Biological, meaning they probably wouldn't be affected by radiation. Basically, the Chitauri are more powerful than they appear to be.

Agreed. Some people just can't be pleased! Also, the Chitauri may not have been the strongest alien invaders in movie history, but what they lacked in individual prowess, they more than made up for in numbers. When Tony goes through the portal, there are still many thousands of aliens waiting to come through. They would have definitely given any modern military a bloody nose, with their sheer numbers helping them to victory. Nothing in conventional military doctrine is designed to deal with the kind of assets the Chitauri can bring to the table. Tanks would be too slow and cumbersome to have any effect. Jets and Choppers would just get swarmed by dozens of jet-skis and infantry would be bombarded from above. Even Nukes wouldn't be that effective as the Chitauri seemed to be more mechanical than Biological, meaning they probably wouldn't be affected by radiation. Basically, the Chitauri are more powerful than they appear to be.

Except it was a nuke that destroyed them?

Look I agree with most of what you said here. But original comment was taken out of context. The Chitauri never posed a threat to the Avengers but that didnt hurt the film. I dont think a film needs a Thanos level threat for it to be good. Ultron wasn't a seriois threat to the avengers either but he still provided climatic appeal.so yean chitauri still aren't a threat to the Avengers just to what they hold dear. If the Chitauri did invade new York and no avengers existed oh man that would be a sad day for the globe.

If Loki dies, it will be the third time he's been "killed" in the MCU.

It's overplayed and it has lost its effect. No one would believe he's dead for good anyways.

I suppose they could have shown an attempt by the national defense to stop the Chitauri and get destroyed in the process but who's to say they could have even mobilized a response in time? Boom, there's a portal. And armies of aliens are pouring out.

Interestingly enough, they did show British fighter jets attempting to intervene during the events at the climax of the Dark World but they were shown to be useless when they just got sucked into the Convergence.

They did bomb Vanaheim though.

And yeah I don't think Loki's going anywhere. You don't kill off one of your best recurring villains. I think Marvel may have made a mistake if they have in fact killed off Ultron for good. He's too easy to bring back so I don't think so though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"