Sequels Loki spinoff - Yea or Nay?

horacethegrey

Civilian
Reaction score
Many filmgoers and movie critics have been raving up and down the wazoo over Tom Hiddleston's most recent turn as Loki in The Dark World. So much so that some have even suggested he have his own spinoff so that they get more of his Loki goodness.

Would a spinoff work? Personally I'm doubtful because for me Loki in the movies works best when he has Thor to play off of. Having Tom Hiddleston playing solo wouldn't be a sure win for me.

How about the rest you?

I'd only like to see this if it had far reaching and lasting ramifications throughout the MCU. That isn't to say that it necessarily has to lead into an Avengers film, but for a character like Loki, the effects should be felt, feared, or talked about around the universe. The last thing I want is for Loki to become this continuity's Wolverine; headlining mediocre spin-offs that feature inconsequential adventures. I also don't think that he necessarily needs Thor to play off of, as he did an excellent job being the foil for the whole ensemble in Avengers, but he would benefit from having someone significant to go toe-to-toe with.

Basically, I don't want a Loki movie just for the sake of it; it needs to be relevant and well thought out. I've enjoyed Hiddleston's portrayal as much as anyone else, but I'd rather see nothing at all than any kind of movie that ranges from awful to average.

Otherwisel, I think a One-Shot that takes place between Thor and Avengers could be interesting, if Hiddleston was willing to play ball of course.

Last edited:
Not much ground for comparison or contrast when that's all he's done up to now.

Loki as anti hero could work, the movie showing his adventures in the other nine realms.

Nay. Unless it isn't a movie, but like a TV/Netflix miniseries as someone suggested when the Netflix deal was announced. I could get behind that, because it could tell a smaller adventure and do some character exploration. As a big screen MCU extravaganza, I don't think it would work. I'd rather Marvel save their screen dates for heroes.

He's actually more enjoyable as a kind of ally, as Thor 2 showed. I'm not sure he should have his oun film, is there material for that?

I thought it was a dumb idea before The Dark World. But after seeing the movie, SIGN ME UP!!!

Last edited:
Yea.

If they focused on Loki, it could be a small film - it does not have to have the scale of The Dark World-and would gross crazy money at the box office. It could be Marvel's equivalent of Skyfall, in terms of narrative and action.

I say yea, because of two reasons:

1. Tom Hiddleston as Loki is one of the best parts about the MCU

2. It would be a chance to introduce even more characters from the Thor universe without having to cram as much stuff into Thor 3 as possible.

Maaaaybe after Thor 3, if we are talking about full 2h+ movie, but seeing how TDW behave in boxoffice I really doubt it- he is not a draw for GA-and good grief he was the center of advertising for this movie more than main character!

Also conceder this: he is from the same universe as Thor himself and he is magical so many CG is needed - so many $$$, he do not have his own supporting cast, his entirely existence is centered around Thor (Fage talked recently that they will keep things Thor/Loki as much as they could before consider Loki solo) so he must be in that movie and I doubt Marvel will prolong their contract with CH. Marvel have many other characters who needs their own movies, like female superhero for example. So nop, not seeing it - he will be back in Thor 3 and that should be more than enough for a villain.

Small movie yep, I can see it but $$$ again, they even considered it but decided it`s too costly.

Otherwise, I think a One-Shot that takes place between Thor and Avengers could be interesting, if Hiddleston was willing to play ball of course.

This, I'd like. I wouldn't object to the idea of a spin-off either, but it's not that exciting a project. He's so closely tied to Thor that I see no point in separating them.

I think a Loki movie can definitely work, and I have a few ideas myself for how it could be done and fit in to the MCU. Loki just needs to get off that freaking throne (seriously, I rolled my eyes and thought "not again!" when I saw that at the end of TDW) and realize what it is that he really wants.

From what I have seen, Chris Hemsworth has been very supportive of a Loki film, and from the friendship that exists between the two actors, I have to believe he would find a way that Thor could also be included in the story to play off a main character of Loki (just like Loki's involvement is essential for a better Thor movie).

No. He's been in 3 MCU movies so far and will most likely be in a few more. No need for a spinoff.

I'd rather see a full on team up with Loki and Thor. The Loki and Thor scenes in Thor 2 were my favorite scenes of the whole film. It's like Cable and Deadpool! Thor, the serious character, and Loki, the character able to "semi-break" the fourth wall by having fun things happen like Captain America cameoing through his abilities.

not totally against it, but it must have a thor cameo at least . actually would prefer just a thor/loki pairing, who like the old star trek movie(4?) are trapped on earth and without powers and must overcome alot of funny human situations. maybe go undercover as police detectives ala lethal weapon

The only way I'd want to see a Loki movie might be an adaptaton of that Loki miniseries from 04 they based Blood Brothers on.

I'd say yea. With the right story it could be interesting, and Hiddleston definitely has the charisma to carry a film.

not totally against it, but it must have a thor cameo at least . actually would prefer just a thor/loki pairing, who like the old star trek movie(4?) are trapped on earth and without powers and must overcome alot of funny human situations. maybe go undercover as police detectives ala lethal weapon

Exactly, a Thor/Loki pairing film would be amazing!

Its out now.
It is called Thor:The Dark World.

Haha To an extent at least. I think there should be a whole film with that team up instead of a few scenes before Loki goes back to doing something wrong

yes and no.

yes because obvously he's a favorite among the audience and no because we've already seen so much of him in thor, avengers and thor 2 AND we're guaranteed to see more of him in at least thor 3.

Considering how important Loki is and will be in the Thor movies, I don't think a Loki spin-off would be necessary.

A Sif and/or Warriors Three spin-off, on the other hand, would be fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"