Long Live the King! The Stephen King's movies Thread.

I loved Tobe Hooper's Salem's Lot, but I wouldn't mind a reboot or reimagining or whatever it's called these days.

I just finished The girl who loved tom gordon, its quite a shame the movie was stalled in production..

I watched Creepshow for the first time, and man, Leslie Nielsen was a criminally underused actor. :csad:

I loved Tobe Hooper's Salem's Lot, but I wouldn't mind a reboot or reimagining or whatever it's called these days.

I like the Hooper version, but I don't really see it as Salem's Lot.

I would love for them to do a remake, but it would have to be set in that era to give a sense of isolation. That's probably my big beef with the 2004 version, along with both messy with Father Callahan's story.

Which version of the 1978 Salem's Lot did you watch?

I like the Hooper version, but I don't really see it as Salem's Lot.

I would love for them to do a remake, but it would have to be set in that era to give a sense of isolation. That's probably my big beef with the 2004 version, along with both messy with Father Callahan's story.

Which version of the 1978 Salem's Lot did you watch?
Good point.
I suppose I saw the French theatrical cut, because it was back when I lived in France many years ago.

And the floating vampire kid outside the window scared the $#%^ out of me:woot:

I've downloaded all his original movies, and I still think the best one is Christine. I think John Carpenter being the director has a lot to do with that. Carrie however, is a VERY close 2nd.

^ I love both Christine and Carrie. Carpenter and De Palma, you can't really go wrong there. I still prefer Carrie though.

Leslie Nielsen is really great in Creepshow. I know he started as a dramatic actor, but he is really scary in that movie. Also it's probably King's best performance on screen, very over the top/silent film like in "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verill."

I prefer the ending in Kubrick's The Shining than in the book.

The source material will always be better than the adaptation IMO, but as King adaptations go, I'd say Misery is fairly close to the top of the list.
The movie ending for The Mist was better than the book's ending. Even King himself has said that.

I really hope The Hunger Games is a big success, if only to revive interest in a remake of The Running Man, a movie I would really like to see done right (closer to the original novel) on the big screen.

Righteous Kill
Can't believe that DeNiro and Pacino did this movie. Such a huge Disappointment.

Wrong thread lol. But yeah Righteous Kill really sucked.

Back to King.
Firestarter and The Tommyknockers deserve better adaptations.

Stephen king is king horror movie ever, based his novel...i really love it especially films from It (1990-v series), Dreamatcher (2003), & The Mist (2007).

I prefer the ending in Kubrick's The Shining than in the book.

I just finished rewatching the movie, this being the first time rewatching it after reading the novel awhile back, and I agree. In fact, I think Kubrick's film is just generally better than the novel in the end. You can't totally, 100% compare them since their separate mediums, but I really do feel like this is a case of the adaptation surpassing the source artistically.

It's fun looking for all the little continuity errors in The Shining, too. Kubrick so ****s with you on every level with it.

I just finished rewatching the movie, this being the first time rewatching it after reading the novel awhile back, and I agree. In fact, I think Kubrick's film is just generally better than the novel in the end. You can't totally, 100% compare them since their separate mediums, but I really do feel like this is a case of the adaptation surpassing the source artistically.

It's fun looking for all the little continuity errors in The Shining, too. Kubrick so ****s with you on every level with it.
:up:
I love the book too, but I thought that whole business with the boiler room was too predictable.

You're welcome. I'm being a little cute here, but there's no question that Tommyknockers is inspired by Quatermass and the Pit. King did make it into his own story though, even if the underlying premises are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"