Long Live the King! The Stephen King's movies Thread.

Just reading "Full Dark, No Stars" right now. I think it would make a great horror anthology on the big screen (or on cable TV) a la "Creepshow." I really like Horror anthologies.

The carnival scenes in the novel Bag of Bones...are they fairly creepy? I'm watching the film adaption and right now they just seem a tad unsettling.

ever since i was a kid i love lion king! this never gets old for me!

Wrong thread I think, lol. If King had been involved in the Lion King, it would probably have felt more like Cujo or it might have involved a kid burying his pet lion in an ancient Indian burial ground in order to bring him back to life or something:woot::cwink:

1xap_916_u1v9.png

Watched Children of the Corn last night, the 1984 one. It... doesn't hold up as well as I'd hoped.

Watched Children of the Corn last night, the 1984 one. It... doesn't hold up as well as I'd hoped.
I remember liking the book, but I don't remember much about the original movie, apart for that creepy, red headed kid. I think there have been a few cheapie sequels, but maybe it's a story that deserves a good remake?

Looking forward to King's new horror anthology for the big screen.

"A Good Marriage", the novella from "Full Dark, No Stars" would make a great movie. It is inspired by the serial killer BTK and how his wife allegedly ignored her husband's dark side for 30 years. Two great roles for two great actors. I think Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson would be perfect for it.

With "Hunger Games" looking to be a massive hit, someone please remake "The Running Man" just like the book.

With "Hunger Games" looking to be a massive hit, someone please remake "The Running Man" just like the book.
I was thinking the exact same thing another stuido wants to jump on the killing for entertaiment type movie The Running Man is the one to do.

I think "The Dark Half" deserves another, better adaptation. Romero's film wasn't very good and Timothy Hutton's performance was not that great either.

"Could it have been done better? Over the years I’ve come to believe that it probably could not. The film is cold and disappointingly loveless—but chilling."

-Stephen King in TV Guide, discussing Kubrick’s film adaptation of King’s novel, The Shining. For years prior, King had famously expressed disapproval with Kubrick’s version of his story.

Bumping this thread because I just finished reading King's 'Needful Things' book, and I really loved it. Leland Gaunt is one of King's most memorable villains I thought. I see there is a movie adaption of the book. Is it worth checking out?

Bumping this thread because I just finished reading King's 'Needful Things' book, and I really loved it. Leland Gaunt is one of King's most memorable villains I thought. I see there is a movie adaption of the book. Is it worth checking out?

Yeah the movie is pretty good. Great cast, too. Max von Sydow, Ed Harris, Bonnie Bedelia, Amanda Plummer and the late great J.T. Walsh. Definitely worth a watch.

Yeah the movie is pretty good. Great cast, too. Max von Sydow, Ed Harris, Bonnie Bedelia, Amanda Plummer and the late great J.T. Walsh. Definitely worth a watch.

Thanks, I'll check it out :up:

Von Sydow sounds perfect for Gaunt.

"Could it have been done better? Over the years I’ve come to believe that it probably could not. The film is cold and disappointingly loveless—but chilling."

-Stephen King in TV Guide, discussing Kubrick’s film adaptation of King’s novel, The Shining. For years prior, King had famously expressed disapproval with Kubrick’s version of his story.

Huh. Never saw that quote before.

There's only a handful of the movie adaptions King genuinely likes. Misery, The Green Mile, Stand By Me to name a few.

I know, that's why I'm so surprised he said something that (relatively) complementary about Kubrick's Shining.

There's only a handful of the movie adaptions King genuinely likes. Misery, The Green Mile, Stand By Me to name a few.

Not sure how he felt about the actual finished film, but the abandoned Apt pupil he loved what he saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"