Long Shot | Lionsgate

used to be called Flarsky for some reason. I wondered what Rogen has been up to.

Looks really sweet! Seth always makes me laugh and I love Charlize

used to be called Flarsky for some reason.

From the official synopsis:-

Fred Flarsky, an unemployed journalist battered by his own misfortune, endeavors to pursue Charlotte Field, his childhood crush and babysitter who now happens to be one of the most powerful and unattainable women on the planet.

long-shot-image-ew-1.png

long-shot-image-ew-3.png

long-shot-image-ew-2.png

It does looks sweet.

But meh. I was really looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of Seth Rogen. I didn't really laugh. The original premise seemed slightly different and better. This just seems like a straight forward rom-com.

And boy they really like to make movies where the boorish schlub gets the woman way outta his league.

It does looks sweet.

But meh. I was really looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of Seth Rogen. I didn't really laugh. The original premise seemed slightly different and better. This just seems like a straight forward rom-com.

And boy they really like to make movies where the boorish schlub gets the woman way outta his league.

Wish fulfillment.

Theron is like the quintessential "out of your league" template. She puts chicks decades younger than her to shame still.

She was my fancasting for Catwoman a decade ago and she could still do it.

I like the joke that their relationship would be the equivalent of Kate Middleton dating Danny DeVito.

Isn't It Romantic just did the opposite with the female schlub getting the guy way outta her league.

Isn't It Romantic just did the opposite with the female schlub getting the guy way outta her league.

I could be wrong, but from the trailer I was sorta thinking Liam Hemsworth was just the fantasy hot boyfriend inside the romantic comedy world she's stuck in and she was actually gonna end up with Adam Devine.

This film premieres the first week of May and will be sandwiched between Endgame and Detective Pikachu. Not sure when I'll catch it, but glad to hear it's getting good reviews.

Gonna see Endgame once more today with the old man and probably gonna check this out tomorrow. I hear it's pretty decent for a romcom.

I loved it to be honest.
Yes, it's total wish fulfillment, but they work for me as couple. Even with all of his +18 vulgar bulls**t, Seth is really charming in this role, and Theron is mesmerizing.

The president being a former movie, SORRY, TV star as a running joke was hysterical, as is a Game of Thrones reference. The way he was presented, I kept thinking that Theron is playing a Kellyanne Conway to his Trump analog, just a less ridiculous one. The scene stealers are June Diane Raphael as Maggie and O'Shea Jackson Jr. as Lance.

It's been a while since I enjoyed a romantic comedy this much. It was like a very vulgar version of Nothing Hill.

This was just great. It's funny right off the bat and very sweet throughout the runtime. Rogen and Theron both kill it in their roles. Rogen was surprisingly very good in the non-comedy parts.

I would say this is easily one of my favorites from 2019. Pretty much a perfect crowd-pleaser with the right balance of crude humor and cute romance.

This was just great. It's funny right off the bat and very sweet throughout the runtime. Rogen and Theron both kill it in their roles. Rogen was surprisingly very good in the non-comedy parts.

This is easily one of my favorites from 2019. Pretty much a perfect crowd-pleaser with the right balance of crude humor and cute romance.

I agree 100%.
I'm huge fan of Seth Rogen, yet was still surprised about how good this was. I feared that it would be one of his minor entries, such as "Neighbors" and "The Night Before."
Instead it's up there with his best work. This was really, really funny, smart and sweet.

I agree 100%.
I'm huge fan of Seth Rogen, yet was still surprised about how good this was. I feared that it would be one of his minor entries, such as "Neighbors" and "The Night Before."
Instead it's up there with his best work. This was really, really funny, smart and sweet.

Absolutely. Long Shot is definitely one if his best work yet.

I'm watching Good Boys right nao. So lets's see if Rogen is two for two in 2019 (I know he's only a producer but come on, just see the trailer, it's totally a Rogen comedy).

I enjoyed Good Boys...it was like a spiritual sibling to Superbad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"