Dark Phoenix Look Who's Back -The Official Daniel Cudmore thread

Erik Lensherr

Sidekick
Reaction score
For the sake of completeness, his own thread.

X-Men star Daniel Cudmore, who appeared as Colossus in the original trilogy, is set to return to the franchise for a mysterious role in X-Men: Dark Phoenix. Yesterday, when asked on Twitter about his role in X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Cudmore tweeted back, “I can’t comment on what character I’m playing, sorry...”. Even though Cudmore deflected the question, his response does seem to confirm that he is playing a character in X-Men: Dark Phoenix, it just may not be Colossus.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-daniel-cudmore/

Which character do you think Cudmore will play? Do you think he would fit the role of Gladiator?

daniel-cudmore-height-weight-age-body-measurements-1000x600.jpg

Colossus-Battling-Ropes.jpg

Colossus-Workout-main.jpg

Interesting. I have no idea if hes still physically the same or has lost/gained in stature. I guess he would be a villain for Chastains alien army, a gladiator type role.

For a minute there I thought Colossus, but that's obviously not going to happen. Even if Deadpool is set relatively apart from the main X-men continuity I doubt Fox would have two versions of a character running concurrent to each other. They're not DC. ;)

Gladiator would be great to see onscreen, but I have doubts Fox would ever go that far. At best you could get some sort of amalgalm or original character with some of his traits, though they would never translate his costume.

It's odd that they cast the relatively unknown actor who repeatedly played Colossus to play an entirely different character in this movie. Is that less confusing than two versions of Colossus running concurrent to each other? I don't know.

It's odd that they cast the relatively unknown actor who repeatedly played Colossus to play an entirely different character in this movie. Is that less confusing than two versions of Colossus running concurrent to each other? I don't know.

I think it would. The two versions are vastly different. Though I don't know how many people would remember Cudmore from the original trilogy and for those who do it will be odd seeing one of the original cast now in the same timeline as the First Class cast. If he's an alien in make up then it would be a lot less weird as he may be less recognisable.

He's probably playing some unnamed skrull alien.

He turned down reprising Colossus in Deadpool because he didn't want to be dubbed over. I'd imagine he is a notable henchman if not actually named.

Last edited:
Also why in the world is Colossus suddenly older than Cyclops, Phoenix, Nightcrawler and Storm. Daniel Cudmore also looks older than Nicholas Hoult.

Anyway, good for Daniel in getting this gig after turning down the Deadpool role.

Guys he was in 3 of the X-Men films and he had arguably the best moment in Days of Future Past (dive bomb) which wasn't that long ago and was a big hit. I hope he's playing Colossus. They can de-age him for his human form or something.

Colossus has been redone already in the Deadpool movies (with no human form at all) so Cudmore probably isn't Colossus anymore.

Gladiator as a silent character. YIKES
so exciting! and so grounded! Cant wait!!! :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

yeah, and he will be called Paul or something. More grounded and realistic :funny:

I wouldn't expect much from Cudmore.

He's not been given much to chew on in this franchise. He had one line in DoFP and that was 'Mystique' - it's ridiculous!

So he will just be some silent baddie, I would think. Probably one of Magneto's henchmen from Genosha.

You all are prob right but I think Deadpool is it's own universe and seeing Colossus meeting the X-Men can basically amount to the same screen time he had in any of the other films, just more purposeful. He HAS (Deadpool included) been featured in much of the series, so why not show him teaming up with them for a bit in the final act. Just have Xavier say "I called for help" ?? A man can dream.

It was such a shame he wasted. If X-Men ever come to tv, they should hit him up.

They only do references in those "X-Men" TV shows. No wonder the ratings are low.

Magneto in Genosha coud be an opportunity to reboot his Brotherhood.

Give us Pyro, Avalanche, Toad, Blob, etc. I doubt it will happen though. Tbh I wouldn't want to see them as glorified cameos so maybe it's for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"