Looks like HD-DVD is Done

umm... last i'd checked, blu-ray and hd-dvd were nearly identical in both price and quality. the only difference between the two was movie studio exclusivity.

she's an idiot and a liar for saying that.

HD-DVD players have been consistently cheaper, and most Blu-Ray players are the wrong profile and can not use all the features of Blu-Ray discs. HD-DVD players have been able to do everything from the start.

Unless there is a news link,i don't belive it.Channels are adapting to HD,if anything Blu-Ray is on the way out.

Unless there is a news link,i don't belive it.Channels are adapting to HD,if anything Blu-Ray is on the way out.

Blu-Ray is hi definition...just a different format. "Channels" have nothing to do with anything.

Blu-ray is a type of HD media. The channels that are adapting to HD are TV channels. They have nothing at all to do with high def media disks like HD DVD and blu-ray.

HD DVD = HD
blu-ray = HD

And HD DVD is bound to die now because of the loss of Warner Bros. and New Line. Paramount and Universal is not enough to support a movie format when every other studio supports the other.

Really, to notice any difference, you have to be one of those dukeebags who spends hours in the day just trying to get the colors perfect on his set.

"Yeah, that looks good, a little bit more contrast, wait too much contrast, more brightness, yeah that's perfect, wait, I didn't notice that glare coming from the window, I gotta set the colors again...."

It looks remarkably better, actually. I used to think HDTV, HD movies, etc. were a ripoff walking through stores, but it wasn't until I bought my first Blu-Ray that I noticed a substantial difference in picture quality. Regular DVD looks great, for sure, and I don't blame anyone who's sticking with it during this ridiculous format war, but I'm glad I finally made the switch.

Unless you've got a home theatre system set up with one of those TVs as big as the wall it's in front of, all you'll really need is a modestly-sized 720p TV, and an up-converting DVD player. That way, you've got your precious clearer picture, and you're not paying $30 per movie.

Whatever...I still buy regular DVDs.:o

Same here. Why the devil should I have to spend more money on my videos? At this rate I'll just settle on cable television and the companies can just choke on their new formats.

What do you mean "remarkably better"?

715p6q0.jpg

822wn4n.png

80ws0h2.jpg

7xuvwk0.png

Yeah, and that can also be done on photoshop.

DVD has NEVER, EVER, looked that blurry. EVER!

I'm viewing this thread in HD. It's remarkably better.

jag

Thanks for the incredibly large screencaps :up:

Yeah, and that can also be done on photoshop.

DVD has NEVER, EVER, looked that blurry. EVER!

Agreed. People need to give their TVs a clean if the picture is that bad.

bad place, they don't need to clean it.

They need to go out and buy a new one.

Blu-ray is better.

It's all the same to me. I just know that, with most of the major studios only releasing stuff in Blu-Ray, HD-DVD is probably not going to survive.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"