Amazon's Rings of Power - General Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Any idea when filming will begin? I might make my way to NZ and try and see some filming first hand.

Great Britain was the real life inspiration for Middle Earth, not New Zealand. It's good that they're filming in Scotland, imo.

Good to hear John Howe is involved. His work along with Alan Lee's is one of the main reasons why the costumes, creatures and locations of the original trilogy were so iconic in the true sense of the word. It's the gold standard of fantasy visual design.

I prefer Alan Lee's artwork, but I can roll with John Howe.

I'll be shocked and disappointed if Howe is on board and Lee is not. These two are the MVPs of Middle-Earth design and appear to have developed a bit of a bromance. If anyone was to carry over from Peter Jackson's crew, this pair would be top of the list.

This is very pleasing.

Is that a good thing? Was GoT faithful to the books? I've heard mixed things

I've come around on Cogman in recent years. He's still the guy that wrote "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken", but he was definitely the most talented writer on GoT other than Martin. Cogman was responsible for the best Jaime/Brienne scenes.

Weren't the Star Trek guys showrunning this, though?

I've come around on Cogman in recent years. He's still the guy that wrote "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken", but he was definitely the most talented writer on GoT other than Martin. Cogman was responsible for the best Jaime/Brienne scenes.

Weren't the Star Trek guys showrunning this, though?

The Star Trek guys are the writers, Cogman is supposedly being brought on as the director.

After the last two seasons of GoT, I'm not entirely sure if this news is a good thing or not tbh. I care a heck of a lot more about Tolkien's characters than I do about Martin's, having never actually read the latter's books, so I'll be a lot more pissed about wanton character assassination for no apparent reason in this show than in GoT, see Baratheon, Stannis. :cwink:

I guess we'll see.

I read Cogman is working as a consultant for the show. He's not the showrunner guys.

I read Cogman is working as a consultant for the show. He's not the showrunner guys.

Okay. The show is supposed to start filming in August, though, so I hope they do get a director soon.

Gee it’s exciting things are actually happening. I hope it’s easy to watch

Ah nice. Do you know what part of Scotland?

Edinburgh, specifically at the same studios that were used for Infinity War. They said they’d be shooting there for a few months before moving to “somewhere warmer”.

Any word or anyone know if they are needing extras I would love to say I had a small part in this.

I do not know - I haven’t seen anything about that yet. That would be awesome, though, if you could get a part!

Edinburgh, specifically at the same studios that were used for Infinity War. They said they’d be shooting there for a few months before moving to “somewhere warmer”.
Awesome! I go there all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"