Amazon's Rings of Power - General Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Poulter is a great actor and his casting certainly gets me even more excited. Dude was phenomenal in Detroit and was pretty much the only good thing about that Bandersnatch movie. He was totally wasted as a dopey Stifler-type character in Midsomer. This should be a better role for him.

They should cast Mel Gibson as Celebrimbor.:awesome:

Poulter is a great actor and his casting certainly gets me even more excited. Dude was phenomenal in Detroit and was pretty much the only good thing about that Bandersnatch movie. He was totally wasted as a dopey Stifler-type character in Midsomer. This should be a better role for him.
Maybe it's because I haven't watched these two yet, but wherever else I've seen him in he just doesn't seem that he can act. And I certainly can't see him as Elrond, especially after the great Hugo Weaving. Anyway, I'll wait to hear and see more about his part in LotR but so far his involvement is "meh" at best for me.

Maybe it's because I haven't watched these two yet, but wherever else I've seen him in he just doesn't seem that he can act. And I certainly can't see him as Elrond, especially after the great Hugo Weaving. Anyway, I'll wait to hear and see more about his part in LotR but so far his involvement is "meh" at best for me.

Definitely see Detroit; it should sell you on him as a great actor, regardless of whether or not he’s a good fit for LOTR.

Question, is it even confirmed he's playing Elrond?

Nope, people are just speculating because he kinda looks like Weaving.

Thorin, you bring some good points about the inscrutable workings of Elven age and appearance. I still say that Poulter as Young Elrond is very doubtful in my mind.

If there are any human main characters for the first season, I almost have to believe that we will not be starting at the beginning of the Second Age but rather some time close-ish to the fall of Numenor, which is towards the very end of the Second Age.

But I suppose it's possible that Amazon is gonna go pseudo-anthology on Second Age and start much earlier than that for the first season and then build up to the Fall of Numenor in a later season, swapping out human characters between seasons.

Of course there's no accounting for how the producers and writers might be condensing time-frames and so forth, but with the Tolkien Estate having veto power, I kind of doubt the creative team is going to stray too far from the path as outlined by Tolkien.

People are overreacting about this Poulter casting news and he's not even confirmed for the show. Secondly, we have no idea what character he's even playing!

I know it's the internet and all, but people really need to get a grip sometimes. And don't bully Poulter on social media.

I haven't seen Detroit. I have seen Poulter in Chronicles of Narnia, Maze Runner, and The Revenant. The first one didn't give much to go on, but he was pretty good in the second two. And physically I could see him as a young Elrond. He's got the eyebrows, at least.

But we don't know anything about his role yet.

People are overreacting about this Poulter casting news and he's not even confirmed for the show. Secondly, we have no idea what character he's even playing!

I know it's the internet and all, but people really need to get a grip sometimes. And don't bully Poulter on social media.

People are doing this? Pathetic :whatever:

Seriously. If he’s been cast as orc and will spend the entire production caked in green makeup, will the internet still say he’s not handsome enough? Jesus H. Christ.

A darker gorier uglier version of Harry Potter would be even more appealing I think.

So check this out, someone in my family is working on this series. They've been in the business for some time, and this is a big deal for them. Totally hyped for them, of course I won't ask for any details on what they see, but damn this is cool. This has never happened to me before. To know someone working on a series I'm eager to see.

So check this out, someone in my family is working on this series. They've been in the business for some time, and this is a big deal for them. Totally hyped for them, of course I won't ask for any details on what they see, but damn this is cool. This has never happened to me before. To know someone working on a series I'm eager to see.

Can you get me in contact with Amazon? :funny:
It would be a dream come true to work on this series: the Lord of the Rings means so much to me. Congratulations to your lucky family member!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"