Amazon's Rings of Power - General Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

And we still have zero clue what this show's about?

We know it's about the Second Age with a probable focus on Numenor and sexy Sauron.

Morfydd Clark is supposedly playing "young" Galadriel.

That's about it.

Cynthia Addai-Robinson joins the cast

tumblr_inline_obnqf2TasW1qzmjfp_400.jpg

She and Simon Merrells are the only actors I recognize from the cast.

2021? awesome if true

I would be surprised. They've only shot two episodes so far and the post-production is gonna be intense.

I'd also be kind of surprised if Amazon dropped both Wheel of Time and LotR in the same calendar year.

She and Simon Merrells are the only actors I recognize from the cast.

I've seen about a third of them in things before. Mullan, Nazanin, Sir Lenny, Morfydd, Mawle, Aramayo, Owain, Walker, Budge, Markella, Cordova, Prew, Peter "Shagrat" Tait, haha.

If I had to guess which ones have the more important roles, I am going with Mullan, Morfydd, Baldry, Nazanin, Aramayo, Prew, Mawle, Sir Lenny, Merrells, and Addai-Robinson. Probably, too, one of the younger actresses besides Morfydd, like Markella or Horvath. Maybe both of them.

The One Ring.net is the same website that reported this was going to be a young Aragorn series.

The One Ring.net is the same website that reported this was going to be a young Aragorn series.

That is worth noting. I personally believe there's a good chance this synopsis is real (though, obviously, I have no evidence for that), but it should still be taken with a grain of salt. But if it is real, I do like the mention of exploring "the furthest reaches of the map"...I am stoked to possibly see the Blue Wizards' journeys in the far east, so that would excite me. And the mention of the main characters forging legacies that live on after their deaths could imply that much of the main cast will constantly be revolving considering the span of the series...but again, this is me trusting TORN, and there's every reason not to do that yet.

So Second Age. Lindon, Numenor, Sauron's rise to power.

Sounds perfect.

That and Coming 2 America will make Prime worth it. I watch The Boys but not that into it.

I'll check out the first episode at least. It sounds more appealing now that there's more info about it.

I dig the synopsis. Love the timeline, and glad it sounds finally completely debunked that it's not focused on Young Aragorn. That just sounds....bad.

I’ll be honest, I was completely against this project but that synopsis does make me take a 180 on it. Setting it in the second age is the definite best way to go.

It’s gotta be Annatar, right?

I think so. I feel like they could get away with having him take multiple forms, because he is a shapeshifter, but I imagine his main form will be Annatar, disguised as an Elf. He may also disguise himself as a human when he infiltrates Numenor - Tolkien never said whether he took a different body there, but I've always assumed he did because he was specifically trying to undermine Elven influence in Numenor so it wouldn't really make sense for him to pose as an Elf. And then I guess, if there's any flashbacks to the First Age, he might have a different form there too. But I definitely think he'll mainly be Annatar.

Inwant to see him in his Annatar form. Avwizardvwithoutband bearskins more in appearance like an elf without the pointy ears. Like Arthas in Warcraft 3. I always wanted to see him as vampire and werwolf (but that’s Silmarillion)
I wonder how and when Amazon this will promote. Trailers could be released, even if the the movie will be released in 2022. They‘re already hyping it up, with leaking stuff on their Twitter Acount - normally people are leaking stuff.
I say: 2 months after the wrap, they will release footage to create a hype, that urges to overshadow the series on Disney Plus and Netflix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"