"Lost Heroes" - Series Finale Talkback

Season 1= Almost garbage( Season finale 2 parter rocked!)

Season 2= Almost Garbage ( Some episodes I could live through)

Season 3= Garbage (Batgirl was annoying and the stories were weak)

Season 4= Excellent (Robin as the season premiere was an incredible way to start off the season and great episodes throughout. Not a single bad episode)

Season 5= Huge disappointment all the way through and garbage all around. ( Hopefully the finale will at least make it decent)

Aargh. Now I dont know who to believe.

Whatever, my Target has the seasons for 15 bucks. Worst case scenario, its 75 bucks down the drain for the whole series.

the show is good for what it is. Don't expect B:TAS quality since it was made for an older audience. This show is for 6-10 year olds and the creater even said so. I don't know why there's so much hate for the show, though.

Season 1 - Garbage (The series started off on the wrong foot . The Awesome 2-parter season finale is what saved this series .)

Season 2 - Crap (the season slighty picked up, but still wasn't quite their yet . However the season finale once again rocked not as much as Season 1 . But it was the start to a new beginning .)

Season 3 - Unbearable (mainly Batgirl's present ruined the entire season for me .)

Season 4. - Magnificent (Robin introduction into the series brought forth a major much needed groundbreaking breakthrough .)

Season 5 - Super ( I like The Justice League story arc .)

Aargh. Now I dont know who to believe.

Whatever, my Target has the seasons for 15 bucks. Worst case scenario, its 75 bucks down the drain for the whole series.
I've watched from the beginning on the only set i"m thinking about getting is Season 4 and possibly The Batman vs. Dracula movie. Everything else involves you thinking about how far you're willing to taper down your expectations for the other sets. YouTube might have some older episodes available for viewing, if you wanna check that out.

Well, I don't like what I'm seeing. GA, batman & robin to save the other heroes .... doesn't sound like a JL episode. I have serious doubts on this finale ....
BTW, Mister J your avvy rocks !!! :up:

Take a look at the joining's android version of the Justice League
080303duperdroids.jpg

Take a look at the joining's android version of the Justice League
080303duperdroids.jpg

You're kidding me. They're mechs. Ugh. Go Gundam, indeed.

Anyway, a "Legion of Doom" could have been cool especially since there would have been no embargo nixing Riddler. I've had enough of Joker. Oh, well.

65 episodes is a good run for a show that I guess overall was average. The series in review:

Season 1 = Crap, with decent finale
Season 2 = Average to Good. A shame Yin did not last.
Season 3 = Had moments, but not terribly hot. Batgirl was overused.
Season 4 = Fantastic
Season 5 = Underwhelming, but better than Seasons 1-3, if not 4. Overdid the Joker, and lame team-up's.

I've gone from being one of this show's soul defenders in season four to completely losing all faith in it by season five.

let's face it. The team up episodes didn't work and matsuda's lack of influence has definitely been felt.

It's an episode where the superpowered members lose their abilities and the non super powered ones have to save the day. The bat team and green arrow are underestimated and go in and ultimately save the day..

This happened already with karate kid on legion of superheroes. When you have two dc shows ultimately spitting out similar storylines, then what is the point.

the whole concept of this series has failed and the 'big finale' is going to have an artificial intelligence (who doesn't even hold up to d.a.v.e coming in and stealing the thunder).

as much as i feel sorry for the heroes poor adaptations (bar jonzz in the fourth series and a decent clark), it's their counterpart villains that have been really badly treated.

lex was poor, mirror master was just strange, shadow theif took second place to the black mask who was awesome (more of him was definitely needed) and sinestro was completely 2D and nearly taken out by batman.

I'm kinda glad and sad that it had to end like this, i would have thought a show like this would have learnt from its earlier mistakes, corrected them and flew forward.

still, i will always have the laughing bat and season four.

I can't even believed they messed up the scorn ep.

Imagine a ep where scorn, batman's opposite finds out about batman and his friends, works out they are the justice league and does an anti-rumour and systematically takes them all out using information he tapped from the batcave and then goes for gordon/babara. AWESOME. INstead we get a dues ex machina in the form of climbing gear and no dead parents.

It's a shame that the lynch pin for all the episodes in the early series was the action and thats now become ******ed. What happened to the hard hitting bats of yesteryear who would suplex bad guys and punch grannies in the face.

I can't say I disagree, because I don't. Season 4 was a fluke. :p

Everyone keeps saying the season 1 finale was great. But I can't remember what it was about. Could someone refresh my memory?

Oh that one. Yeah, that was a good episode. Joker turned him into Clayface, right?

So, the final nail in the coffin for The Batman, eh? I just hope it doesn't take too long for them to make some good superhero cartoons. Seems like Green Arrow plays a major part... Perhaps there is Green Arrow series in the not too distant future...

I wouldn't mind any other superhero cartoon, but give Batman a rest.

I wouldn't mind any other superhero cartoon, but give Batman a rest.

With TDK almost here, you know warners is going to try and cash in on BATMAN's success .

And what better way to cash in than to make another batman cartoon .

Well, rumors are that the next project is the brave and the bold with Batman teaming up with someone different every time.

Well, rumors are that the next project is the brave and the bold with Batman teaming up with someone different every time.

Which, in a way, has pretty much been THE BATMAN Season 5.

Oddly, Marvel could make a similar cartoon, with Spider-Man, Iron Man, or Wolverine teaming up with various heroes every week and call it MARVEL TEAM UP, but they won't, or can't, or both. Not that it would be the best, bit if DC's doing "Batman Team-Up"...

Which, in a way, has pretty much been THE BATMAN Season 5.

Oddly, Marvel could make a similar cartoon, with Spider-Man, Iron Man, or Wolverine teaming up with various heroes every week and call it MARVEL TEAM UP, but they won't, or can't, or both. Not that it would be the best, bit if DC's doing "Batman Team-Up"...

I guess this new project will be a new JUSTICE LEAGUE spin-off based on THE BATMAN universe .

I thought Avi said Marvel wasn't going to do that until the motion picture THE AVENGERS movie was up and running .

Alan Burnett on The finale of The Batman Interview by World's Finest

With the final curtain closing on The Batman, Alan Burnett sits down with The World's Finest for one final interview on The Batman and the Justice League's final battle on Kids WB!.

The World's Finest: The finale of The Batman airs this season. Over the show's five-year run, what do you consider to be both the major pros and cons the series has brought to the table?

Alan Burnett: The big pro is that the series introduced a whole new generation of grade school kids to Batman. This show was primarily for them, and they responded well to it. The series lasted five years, which doesn't often happen in Saturday morning television. And it's important to keep the next generation aware of him if you want to keep Batman going as a pop-culture icon.

The con for older fans is that this animated Batman precluded a more adult animated Batman from being on the air. At least they'll get some of that in "Batman: Gotham Knight," the new DVD coming up.

What I hope is that someday there'll be a place for an R-rated animated Batman. A really gritty, no-holds-barred, sexed-up Batman. Wouldn't that be paradise?

The World's Finest: Looking at the actual finale, "Lost Heroes," do you find it was a good approach to wrap up the series? Any thoughts on what fans can expect and w hat familiar faces we may see?

Alan Burnett: I think it turned out well. There's lots of action, lots of personality, a big threat, and a big resolution. There are eight super heroes in it, including Robin and Batgirl, and they all have their moments, which is no small feat on the part of the writers, Stan Berkowitz and Alexx Van Dyne.

The World's Finest: Each season, The Batman has added a new twist to the series, whether it's bringing in new characters or redesigning others. Not only that, but the show's tone subtlety changed, as well. Is it normal for a show such as this to add new things (characters, etc.) to keep it fresh?

Alan Burnett: The network always wants to change things and add new elements to each new season, even when you'd rather not. You're always worried you're going to jump a shark. But the changes in The Batman were pretty organic. The first season he was a complete loner. By the second season he was accepted by the police. The third season added Batgirl. The fourth, Robin. This season, the JLA. The fourth season was probably the darkest, blessedly so. We thought it was going to be the last season. When the network gave us the go-ahead for a fifth season, they wanted us to get a little more kid-friendly again.

The World's Finest: Looking back on the fifth and finale season in particular, what do you consider to be the high points, and possible low ones too, of the season?

Alan Burnett: I was happy with the season overall. Sure there's stuff I would have done differently - there always is. I still think about jokes I could've put in Ducktales. But we got our audience, and the crew did an exceptional job. The other supervising producer, Michael Gogeun, oversaw the direction and art, and he and his people did phenomenal work. There was less time to produce this season than others, and more characters to create and deal with. Fortunately we also had a wonderful associate producer, Kim Smith, who helped keep everyone on track. This was a bullet train as far as production goes.

The World's Finest: How hard is it to wrap up a series such as this, knowing that plenty more stories could be told?

Alan Burnett: The main thing that disappoints you is that you're not going to be working with the people you enjoyed working with. Sixty-five stories were told for this Batman. Sure, there're other stories you could tell, but 65's a pretty satisfying number.

The World's Finest: Is there anything you didn't get to do on The Batman that you won't be able to? Perhaps plans for future seasons or plot lines left unresolved?

Alan Burnett: Everyone was pretty much aware that this was going to be the last season. So it wasn't as if I was in the mode to develop further ideas for this show. I just wanted to wrap it up on a high point.

The World's Finest: Finally, looking ahead, what's coming up from you that fans should keep an eye out for?

Alan Burnett: DVD stuff I can't talk about. But it's keeping me busy.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/thebatman/?x=backstage/interviews/burnett04

so it looks like it was the network's fault for a mediocre fifth season....damn them bastards...

the words batman and kiddy simply just don't go together...

Really annoyed! Here in the UK we started airing season 5 way later than you guys so I was watching the episodes on youtube after they aired in the US until I knew we were getting it. Then we ran the whole thing in the space of two weeks by it being on our cartoon network channel every day at 6. I didnt watch it cos I had already seen em on youtube but then saw lost heroes was last night and tonight - then of course I totally forgot about it last night so now I've missed the first part! Arrgghh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"