Lost in Space (Netflix)

Here’s now hoping for Season 3.

I figure Judy will somehow find her Dad and they’ll somehow jump back to the system they came from to defeat the alien threat

Getting sick of that doctor though, however I suppose she’s central to the theme of the show. One thing I do hope for the potential third series is no relationship drama between Maureen, John and Grant (Judy’s biological father).

I think Smith plays her part well. I don't like her, but I like her... At some points you can tell she is trying, though miscommunications are a *****!

And I to am really hoping they don't do any 'love triangle' BS.
I'm assuming, if he is alive, that they'll find him in suspended animation, so he'll probably be only a few years older than Judy is at this point. Maybe Maureen will him as only a troublesome kid!:D

Or maybe he'll have been awake the whole time, barely eking out an existence and having long conversations with the bulkhead.

I think Smith plays her part well. I don't like her, but I like her... At some points you can tell she is trying, though miscommunications are a *****!
Oh don’t get me wrong, the actress plays the character well, and I know exactly what you mean, I think the same. She’s a character you hate because she’s played so well. Reminds me of that religious woman in Stephen King’s The Mist film.

I'm assuming, if he is alive, that they'll find him in suspended animation, so he'll probably be only a few years older than Judy is at this point.

Or maybe he'll have been awake the whole time, barely eking out an existence and having long conversations with the bulkhead.
I forgot about that little feature being in this show, though I kinda’ hope he’s just been talking to the bulkhead. Was it ever stated whether his mission was a solo one? Seemingly a big craft for one person.

Doctor Smith in the original show wasn't supposed to stick around all that long. The actor knew this and decided to ham it up by making Smith a pompous cowardly doofus. He came ad libbed a bunch of funny lines and became the most popular on the show.

I found myself watching because the networks were in a rerun cycle so only when football was not on the air. I finished but only because the service has been paid for.

Just finished watching. Season 2 was definitely better and more interesting than season 1.

They seemed to team Penny with Dr Smith more this time though, even though in the 60s series it was more Dr Smith and Will.

I'm guessing Smith is still alive. Parker Posey annoys me and I would've been glad to see her go even if it wasn't quite the same as the classic series. Did the 60s series have all these other passengers and crew members? Wasn't it just the Robinson family?

I think Adler would've made a more interesting Dr Smith.

Oh don’t get me wrong, the actress plays the character well, and I know exactly what you mean, I think the same. She’s a character you hate because she’s played so well. Reminds me of that religious woman in Stephen King’s The Mist film.

I forgot about that little feature being in this show, though I kinda’ hope he’s just been talking to the bulkhead. Was it ever stated whether his mission was a solo one? Seemingly a big craft for one person.

I don't think they ever did. But more than likely, he's the only survivor. And I con certainly see that ship being used to replace the Resolute.

If it's the final season, I hope they find a way back to earth and not just stuck out there on ongoing adventures that we never see. I'd prefer some kind of resolution to the series.

If they go back to Earth then they have to find a way to save it.

I don't know how much faith I have in the article, but I've read that this is less of a cancellation, and more of a wrap; in the sense that they're telling the story they wanted to tell rather than drag it on and on.

If that is indeed the case, then you'd like to think we'll get a conclusive ending, but at the same time, I can't help but think that there's still a lot of opportunity for a lot more storytelling within this little universe.

I'm just glad we're getting at least one more season. The ending better at least be decent though

I don't know how much faith I have in the article, but I've read that this is less of a cancellation, and more of a wrap; in the sense that they're telling the story they wanted to tell rather than drag it on and on.

If that is indeed the case, then you'd like to think we'll get a conclusive ending, but at the same time, I can't help but think that there's still a lot of opportunity for a lot more storytelling within this little universe.

Yeah I really don’t get it, LoS as a concept means you could tell stories for years. 3 seasons seems a bit short for me. Anyway, need to start season 2 soon.

If they do get back to Earth, I hope it's in the penultimate episode rather than the final one. I don't want an ending like Star Trek Voyager where they got back to the Alpha Quadrant and then it just ended abruptly. I would've liked to have seen the Voyager crew readapting to life back on Earth and having some kind of debrief. Maybe they could've been welcomed back as heroes and we could've caught up with them a year or so later. Just some breathing room instead of ending straight away.

With LIS, I want some down time where they're re-acclimatising to Earth. Or if it's not a whole episode, at least part of it.

Absolutely loving the 2nd season so far. Episode 8 was amazing with action scenes that matched many a summer blockbuster.

Yeah I really don’t get it, LoS as a concept means you could tell stories for years. 3 seasons seems a bit short for me. Anyway, need to start season 2 soon.

Cost and popularity must be a factor too. Also, Netflix doesn't make long run shows if I'm not mistaken.
Scifi shows these years were either canceled, Dark Matter, Killjoy, V reboot, Extant, Revolution, Terra Nova, Defiance... or saved in extremis, The Expanse.
I'm fine with 3 good seasons and an appropriate end than a quick and dirty wrap up.

Last edited:
Cost and popularity must be a factor too. Also, Netflix doesn't make long run shows if I'm not mistaken.
Scifi shows these years were either canceled, Dark Matter, Killjoy, V reboot, Extant, Revolution, Terra Nova, Defiance... or saved in extremis, The Expanse.
I'm fine with 3 good seasons and an appropriate end than a quick and dirty wrap up.
I'm still pissed they canceled Deadly Class.

I am still angry over Dark Matter, that was my Firefly fix and it was just getting really good when they cancelled it.

Yeah LoS must be expensive but the concept means they could literally gone on forever telling stories of the Robinson's and their adventures. Loving this show thought and will be sad to see it end.

Finally finished the 2nd season last night, absolutely loved it overall, really wondering where season 3 will go but really sad it will be the last one.

I am still angry over Dark Matter, that was my Firefly fix and it was just getting really good when they cancelled it.

Yeah LoS must be expensive but the concept means they could literally gone on forever telling stories of the Robinson's and their adventures. Loving this show thought and will be sad to see it end.

Syfy airs a show called Vagrant Queen, it doesn't look as good as Dark Matter but it might worth a try.

I like this show, but it's wrapping up after 3 seasons doesn't break my heart really. Just glad that they know it's the last one going in.

I like this show, but it's wrapping up after 3 seasons doesn't break my heart really. Just glad that they know it's the last one going in.

I just thought Season 2 upped the ante from Season 1, so if they could keep that going all the better. But alas, it's not to be.

I do think this concept lends itself to countless story telling opportunities though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"