Louis Leterrier speaks to Empire Online

I am definitely looking forward to the 26 minute battle of Hulk and Abom. This is definitely be the most challenging fight that Hulk we be engaged in for the entire movie and it is one of the main reasons why people will want to see the movie anyways (that's why its called a climax). For the rest of the movie we will most likely see hulk battling Trucks and helicopters and tanks your occasional army men Hulkbusters, etc. which we all know are not much of a challenge to Hulk.

So why only make the most difficult battle for him in this movie only 6 mins? Why not make it long and very detailed so we can see him emerge as the "strongest one there is". That's one of the things I always found missing with some of these comic films. That's why I enjoyed Transformers so much because of the length of the final climatic battle.

Besides I think LL can keep us interested for those 26 mins that we may even want to see more :grin:

Hey, how long was Transformers' final battle? I do know it was long.

26 minutes can be good.

Why did they choose this guy again?

Because regardless if the plot ends up sucking, Frenchy knows his action. Simple as. Transporter 2 was terrible plot wise, but I still have it on my movie shelf for the simple gratification of watching Jason Stathom kick someones a** LL style.

Part of the issue I had with Transformers was how frenetic it could get. Too many moving parts; though, that's more of a design flaw. Even if people continue complaining about the CGI, I don't think that'll be much of an issue here.

Part of the issue I had with Transformers was how frenetic it could get. Too many moving parts; though, that's more of a design flaw. Even if people continue complaining about the CGI, I don't think that'll be much of an issue here.

Exactly I always felt ILM lacked in the design deparment, excelled in quality and vice versa for R&H. I had the same problem with Transformers, and the shakey cam didn't help with my viewing either. All I saw was metal flying everywhere for most of the movie.

If only there was a way to combine these two into some sort of super company. :oldrazz:

I want to see that close up shot that's playing in theaters

The screaming for Betty one? As do I. Good thing I am going to Doomsday Saturday! I cannot wait to see that scene!
You think it will find its way on the net after Doomsday?

every year with every comic book movei someone tells us the length of the finale. and always people here think that the fights will be long. the whole build up,fight until the credits will be 26.
its very simple.
again hulk and ABO fighting will not be 26.
Louis Leterrier:

-"the final fight scene...is 26 minutes long!"

-"you get 26 minutes of two monsters pummelling each other through New York City, jumping up and down, ripping helicopters from the sky and stuff"

Hmm, sounds pretty definitive about a 26 minute fight. So either you're wrong or Louis is a liar. I'll go with the first one.

26 minute final sequence is awesome. It's not gonna be a punch fest only like family guy with the closet monkey. LOL The whining will never end no matter what. LOL

Oh and like I said...the f/x are not final yet. None of them are.
This is why I value AD's opinion more than most on here. Because he's right almost all the time. :)

It's a sequence of events in and around the fight scene. The camera will not just be on them and it won't be non-stop hitting for 26 minutes. Have some faith. How could someone even write a script of 26 minutes of pure fight. I think he's just generalizing the scene.

There's not one aspect of this film from the initial director choice, losing Bana, the new design, the trailer, General Ross, Betty, etc... that has not been nitpicked to death here. Now it's the fight at the end which sounds awesome to me. There have been longer sequences.

[YT]e4oPLCjWUnA[/YT]

Some of you are reading too much into it. We're not getting anything like the above in a 150 million dollar film ok. LOL

Some of you are reading too much into it. We're not getting anything like the above in a 150 million dollar film ok. LOL

We got it in Pirates 3... therefore valid worry. Pirates 3 is the ONLY time I walked out during the conclusion because I couldn't take how long it was taking to get to the ****ing point.

It may, but I doubt officially. Even though they probably should update it.

They might as well release the clip online. They're only hurting themselves, this isn't star wars, people don't care enough about this movie to go bootleg an alternate trailer...

They might as well release the clip online. They're only hurting themselves, this isn't star wars, people don't care enough about this movie to go bootleg an alternate trailer...

Oh please, this is the interwebs, someone will bootleg and alternate trailer sooner or later. It may take longer than Star Wars, but it will happen.

Heck, I'll bet certain fans will go to Doomsday just to see it.

But you're right, they should release it online.

Exactly I always felt ILM lacked in the design deparment, excelled in quality and vice versa for R&H. I had the same problem with Transformers, and the shakey cam didn't help with my viewing either. All I saw was metal flying everywhere for most of the movie.

If only there was a way to combine these two into some sort of super company. :oldrazz:

I personally believe that Transformers action scenes were mediocre due to the camera moving too much. The CGI on robots was absolutely stunning but we all know that it is easy to make metallic CGI stuff look photorealistic.

Organic characters are hard to do like hulk, king kong etc. ILM has done one really amazing organic character i.e. Davy Jones but potc2 costed 200+ million and out of that a good 45-55 million went on Davy Jones and Kraken.

It's a lot preferable to the anti-climax of garbage like FF:ROTSS, which was basically four goofballs standing in a street while the Surfer flies up into a cloud.

lol That got me laughing pretty hard..cos that's what I was thinking: why are these people fantastic again? They're just hanging out in the street?!!?

But I agree that this 26 minute fight is going to be INSANE. I assume the military will step in too and this going to turn into an all out war. I'm so damned excited!

A 26 minute fight? That seems a little too long, IMO.

Sounds like they are going for the complete opposite of Ang Lee's film... maybe they'll be able to strike a balance in the sequel.

There was actually a massive segment of the Ang Lee film which was all about the Hulk bouncing through the desert. It was about 20 mins long.

I have a sneaking suspicion that that film will be panned by critics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"