Louis Leterrier speaks to Empire Online

If you look at that last trailer scene when they hang in the air, you can see that he has all five of his toes. That bugs me, as does the absence of his ears (the first thing I think of when his face comes to mind).

If you look at that last trailer scene when they hang in the air, you can see that he has all five of his toes. That bugs me, as does the absence of his ears (the first thing I think of when his face comes to mind).
if they added those two things(mostly the ears) i really would have no problems with the design. But with the absense of those he just looks i dunno boring or something, theres nothing original looking about this monster, it doesn't look like they tried to do anything to make him unique. the ears and toes would add that.
P.S. i just showed my friend the trailer, he thought Abomination was the one bad guy from LXG(you know when he takes the Hyde serum) i personally think Abom in this looks more like the berserkers from gears of war

Well maybe they'll make an Abomination Toe Origin film in 10 years and they'll re-address the toes in a spin-off. Perhaps 3 of them will detach and form Tobominations that wreak havoc. You have me concerned now because this movie will probably flop due to him having 5 toes. I don't think I can watch the movie now comfortably knowing that. It's gonna take me out of the whole film. I'm organizing a boycott! :hehe:

Well maybe they'll make an Abomination Toe Origin film in 10 years and they'll re-address the toes in a spin-off. Perhaps 3 of them will detach and form Tobominations that wreak havoc. You have me concerned now because this movie will probably flop due to him having 5 toes. I don't think I can watch the movie now comfortably knowing that. It's gonna take me out of the whole film. I'm organizing a boycott! :hehe:

The point is, the only nod we had to abomination fans is now gone, now the character has nothing in common with his comic counterpart.

Don't be so sure about those toes or how they're gonna look...oh and don't be so sure about the ears staying how they look now either. If you have an issue with it send an e-mail to Louis suggesting they consider doing something with the toes or ears a little more as a nod for the fans. Don't think your voice goes unheard. They might already be hard at work on it.

The nitpicking is too much though. There is more to like about this trailer and produciton than not to like. We have a lot of positive things going for it now. You're not gonna get everything you want and you might be dissapointed by a few things but overall I know this movie is gonna be a great Hulk film.

Don't be so sure about those toes or how they're gonna look...oh and don't be so sure about the ears staying how they look now either. If you have an issue with it send an e-mail to Louis suggesting they consider doing something with the toes or ears a little more as a nod for the fans. Don't think your voice goes unheard. They might already be hard at work on it.

The nitpicking is too much though. There is more to like about this trailer and produciton than not to like. We have a lot of positive things going for it now. You're not gonna get everything you want and you might be dissapointed by a few things but overall I know this movie is gonna be a great Hulk film.
well the only thing pissing people off is the Abomination design so that's pretty good. IMO everything looks great except him. Hopefully they will change it, i mean look at the change in the Iron Man tank scene between the superbowl spot and the new trailer, totally different, one is at night, one is day time, one looks like a video game, one looks real, the tank even takes way longer to explode for some reason in the trailer

If you have an issue with it send an e-mail to Louis

Where can I get his e-mail? Not to complain to him, but I'd love to invite him to see my classroom! Or at least visit the web site! After all, the star of his latest project inspired it! :)

There is more to like about this trailer and produciton than not to like. We have a lot of positive things going for it now. You're not gonna get everything you want and you might be dissapointed by a few things but overall I know this movie is gonna be a great Hulk film.

I agree 100%. We've got a new Hulk movie (something a lot of fans thought wouldn't happen...at least not this soon...especially after week two of Ang Lee's Hulk).
The good FAR outweighs what little bad we can come up with.
All in all, I'm a VERY happy Art Teacher! :)

I agree. Overall, I am very pleased so far...especially considering that I was doubtful we would ever get another Hulk movie..and staring Ed Norton no less!

Leterrier definitely sounds like a smarter guy in that article than you´d assume from the director of The Transporter. For someone who didn´t want to make a cerebral movie, he goes on and on on Prometheus, Ahab, etc., and definitely seems interested in the character´s psychologic conflict, just maybe less pretentious.

I think that that is a basic aspect of the character of Banner that you can't look past. What is it that Banner has released from himself when he becomes the Hulk? What you don't have to do is build the movie around it and beat it into peoples heads. The Hulk's appearance is an automatic psychological conflict to Banner and vice versa, as they are both fighting for dominance to stay within the physical world.

I don't think you can get past it without touching on it somewhat. Even in the television show Banner's psych was bought up.

Where can I get his e-mail? Not to complain to him, but I'd love to invite him to see my classroom! Or at least visit the web site! After all, the star of his latest project inspired it! :)

I agree 100%. We've got a new Hulk movie (something a lot of fans thought wouldn't happen...at least not this soon...especially after week two of Ang Lee's Hulk).
The good FAR outweighs what little bad we can come up with.
All in all, I'm a VERY happy Art Teacher! :)

PM him here and when he comes back here to browse he'll get it. Or join my Marvel Movies group in my sig (link below). He's one of my top officers. Click on his name and send him a message. He may or may not respond to you.

The majority of that interview i liked, but his justification for the total change in look of Abom just doesnt fly with me, the original design should have been used, end of story. This is a big mistake which could possibly ruin the movie for me, and his justification for the change doesnt make sense, why will people accept this Abom but not the comic design?

Stupid.

The majority of that interview i liked, but his justification for the total change in look of Abom just doesnt fly with me, the original design should have been used, end of story. This is a big mistake which could possibly ruin the movie for me, and his justification for the change doesnt make sense, why will people accept this Abom but not the comic design?

Stupid.

Yep, he spent time thinking up an explanation why this version looks the way it does, time he could've spent thinking of an explanation why the original looks the way it does.

^Exactly, his justification is fruitless in my eyes, the original design would have worked fine.

The original material is not always the best. Why not improve on it if you think you can? Also just because you are accustomed to the original look doesn't mean others wouldn't prefer the new version. Like Adi's Iron Man design.

26 min final fight?

Finally! Someone realizes that 'Hulk Smash' = Good Hulk movie.

The original material is not always the best. Why not improve on it if you think you can? Also just because you are accustomed to the original look doesn't mean others wouldn't prefer the new version. Like Adi's Iron Man design.

But this design doesnt improve on the original one AD, the original one have worked fine IMO and there is no way you can prove this one will work better because we havent seen the original design on screen.

Also, i dont see people sitting there in a cinema asking why Abom looks reptillain/fish like. It is a poor creative decision from LL to change the look so drastically.

"You’ll see Bruce Banner transform in minute three. (Laughs) Minute three!"

Wait...
...did he say, "Forty-three"? "Ang Lee"?

*reads interview again*

Nope. Three. 3. Tres. Trois. 9-6.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"...if someone picks a fight with him, he’s using that Brazilian jujitsu because jujitsu and aikido are more elusive martial arts"

UFC 99: Bruce Banner VS. Matt Hughes & Chuck Liddell

"General Ross (William Hurt) has a great line in the movie: 'Banner was an accident and something went really wrong — or really right.' He loves that thing and he wants to control it, to harvest it. He has another speech where he talks about the splitting of the atom: fire, the universe opens and there is a new force — and somebody has to step up to the plate and not cower away from this thing but grab it. He’s the Ahab of this story, this alienated guy craving that power. He’s alienated himself from the army and his family, because he’s obsessing about only one thing: the Hulk, the Hulk, the Hulk."

Even IF William Hurt doesn't get Ross, Leterrier certainly does!
(But, from what very little I have to go on, it seems Hurt definitely gets Ross)

On Abomination: "He’s green."

*whew!*

"None of the shots in this trailer are finished shots, but I think it’s decent enough and it shows the audience what we’re going for."

Message to SuperHeroHype Forums:
There. End of discussion, right?
Thank you.
That is all.

"But our final scene, our final battle – unlike a normal movie where the final fight scene is six minutes long, ours is 26 minutes long! So you get 26 minutes of two monsters pummelling each other through New York City"

Anyone else just have a Hulkgasm?

*ArtTeacher suddenly realizes that the above question will certainly come back to haunt him*

26 mother-truckin' minutes?!!?!
I tell ya, Leterrier's trying to get into my pants...
...and it's working!

*realizes this is yet another thing that will come back to haunt him*

"There’s a bit of a bodycount. Not on account of the Hulk — the Hulk’s a saviour — but Blonsky is ruthless."

Body count: Good!
Hulk's not a killer: Great!
The villain is...a villain...: Superb!

Well, I'm ready for this movie; how 'bout you?
(I need a cigarette)

"You’ll see Bruce Banner transform in minute three. (Laughs) Minute three!"

Wait...
...did he say, "Forty-three"? "Ang Lee"?

*reads interview again*

Nope. Three. 3. Tres. Trois. 9-6.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"...if someone picks a fight with him, he’s using that Brazilian jujitsu because jujitsu and aikido are more elusive martial arts"

UFC 99: Bruce Banner VS. Matt Hughes & Chuck Liddell

"General Ross (William Hurt) has a great line in the movie: 'Banner was an accident and something went really wrong — or really right.' He loves that thing and he wants to control it, to harvest it. He has another speech where he talks about the splitting of the atom: fire, the universe opens and there is a new force — and somebody has to step up to the plate and not cower away from this thing but grab it. He’s the Ahab of this story, this alienated guy craving that power. He’s alienated himself from the army and his family, because he’s obsessing about only one thing: the Hulk, the Hulk, the Hulk."

Even IF William Hurt doesn't get Ross, Leterrier certainly does!
(But, from what very little I have to go on, it seems Hurt definitely gets Ross)

On Abomination: "He’s green."

*whew!*

"None of the shots in this trailer are finished shots, but I think it’s decent enough and it shows the audience what we’re going for."

Message to SuperHeroHype Forums:
There. End of discussion, right?
Thank you.
That is all.

"But our final scene, our final battle – unlike a normal movie where the final fight scene is six minutes long, ours is 26 minutes long! So you get 26 minutes of two monsters pummelling each other through New York City"

Anyone else just have a Hulkgasm?

*ArtTeacher suddenly realizes that the above question will certainly come back to haunt him*

26 mother-truckin' minutes?!!?!
I tell ya, Leterrier's trying to get into my pants...
...and it's working!

*realizes this is yet another thing that will come back to haunt him*

"There’s a bit of a bodycount. Not on account of the Hulk — the Hulk’s a saviour — but Blonsky is ruthless."

Body count: Good!
Hulk's not a killer: Great!
The villain is...a villain...: Superb!

Well, I'm ready for this movie; how 'bout you?
(I need a cigarette)

LOL

About William Hurt, he accepted the roll on the strength that he read Hulk comics growing up and was aware of the character he was slated to portray. Leterrier made a comment that Ross isn't called Thunderbolt for nothing and that Hurt was able to take the character from 0 to 60 in no time. I think Hurt will surprise even the Elliot fans.

I want to see the movie....now.

Abomination will be green?

Great work! :woot:

I'm just wondering; did Louis make the 'unfinished CGI' statement, before or after the trailer came out?

I'm just wondering; did Louis make the 'unfinished CGI' statement, before or after the trailer came out?

The interview was probably done before we saw the trailer, but the trailer we saw was most likely the same material double L reviewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"