Lounge 78

It's in the mid-70s where I live. We're just a few miles from the ocean and have been getting a marine layer in the morning that burns off in the afternoon so it's been kind of pleasant. The ocean really moderates the temperature around here in both directions. It's supposed to warm up and get into the low 80s over the next couple weeks. Further inland, it gets hotter quickly. Even 10 or so miles to downtown LA, it's 10 degrees hotter. Further inland, it's getting into the 100s.

So, I was saying my daughter drives me crazy, she's either too hot or too cold and wants the AC or the heat on at pretty much all times. She walks into the kitchen this morning where I was making her breakfast and says "Is it hot in here?" She's hinting that I should turn on the AC. I tell her that when the stove is on, it warms things up a bit. Then I look at her and she's got sweat pants and Ugg boots on with a long sleeve sweatshirt on over her shirt.....I tell her "If you're too warm, you might consider wearing lighter clothes". SMH.....Roll My Eyes.....etc.

No weather relief for me until Monday, this heat related headache really making me mad and hard to sleep at night when it's barely cool :(

The humidity has really cranked up here, making things worse. It's like you can wring water right out of the sky. :(

Just wait until July and August get here. :(
Pretty much been a west coast guy my whole life, but I went to visit someone I met at a conference (in August) who lived in St. Louis.......faaaackola.....

Saturday going be the hottest for me, 95+ with the heat index of 100+ and high humidity :(

It'll probably be even worse in places like Texas and Florida. :(

Try Kentucky, up in the mountains with the high humid and no electricity, that was my Grandma/Grandpa home

and I had to deal with those pesky copperheads and rattlesnakes too!

Try Kentucky, up in the mountains with the high humid and no electricity, that was my Grandma/Grandpa home

and I had to deal with those pesky copperheads and rattlesnakes too!
I’m a Kentuckian. And it’s hot here. The past few days I’ve had to wait till dark to go for a run.

And I’ve never seen a rattlesnake in KY, but man, I’ve seen my fair share of copperheads. I hate them.

I’m a Kentuckian. And it’s hot here. The past few days I’ve had to wait till dark to go for a run.

And I’ve never seen a rattlesnake in KY, but man, I’ve seen my fair share of copperheads. I hate them.
I can't recall the last time I've seen a wild snake. Yikes! Stay safe!

Really? My grandparents lived near Somerset and I lost count how many times I had run in with those rattlesnakes

Really? My grandparents lived near Somerset and I lost count how many times I had run in with those rattlesnakes
I would expect Somerset to have water moccasins given that Lake Cumberland is right there.

I would expect Somerset to have water moccasins given that Lake Cumberland is right there.

Still miles from where my grandparents live, we used to have family reunions there yearly. Stopped going after my mom died, seen how my cousins, Aunts and others weren't there when I buried her

Some companies must be desperate for business. :p Hard to think about Halloween when it's near 80 degrees out.,

most stores order holiday items months prior to the actual holiday, especially if the product comes from overseas. we will be getting our halloween candy in august, if not end of july and a lot will come from overseas as well.

you have to "commit" or "prebook" to load the distributors with enough product, but it also helps as manufacturers have to change their packaging etc to reflect said holidays.

it's also quite possible, that some of that is last year's halloween stuff that got found hidden in the warehouse

Oh my God someone actually knows what TikTok was originally.

most stores order holiday items months prior to the actual holiday, especially if the product comes from overseas. we will be getting our halloween candy in august, if not end of july and a lot will come from overseas as well.

you have to "commit" or "prebook" to load the distributors with enough product, but it also helps as manufacturers have to change their packaging etc to reflect said holidays.

it's also quite possible, that some of that is last year's halloween stuff that got found hidden in the warehouse
And people think I'm weird because I don't eat chocolate or candy.

Don’t you see his avvy? Isn’t it obvious?

He’s a werewolf.
And chocolate is bad for us. We stay away from Kristi Noem's house because she leaves chocolate out for us to eat.

Actually, I just don't like the taste of sweets at all. I haven't eaten refined sugar in longer than I can remember, I've eaten ice cream (bon bons) maybe 3 times in the last 10 or so years (occasionally when I go to a movie.....I think it's a holdover from when I was 8), and chocolate just doesn't taste that great; especially when it's from last year.....gross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"