Lounge of Justice - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one cares about your predictions, Sneider. Either you have concrete news to report or something with a legitimate bread crumb trail.

i cant believe kroll has green lantern in the mix. my mind will be completely blown if thats being shot this year.

Well they did officially announce writers back on January 12th, it's been 2 months so they could have a script ready by now and are merely looking for a director or may already have one (George Miller anyone?) so all it would come down to is casting, and if that is the case then that means we could get a Hal and John tease at the end of JL if they are cast in time.

This is an interview from today..

Jay Baruchel today in an interview :

In that vogue what recently have you really liked?

Baruchel: Well, my favorite films of ’16, number 1 would be Nocturnal Animals. I think it’s gorgeous and compelling and such a good mystery, and the music is insane. For a guy who’s such a good fashion designer, can just wake up and be one of the world’s great directors? I love that movie and…umm… This is gonna get me in a lot of ****, and you’re the first time I’ve said it publicly, I’ve been trying to decide when I’m gonna say it…my other favorite film of last year is…not the theatrical version mind you, just the director’s cut…
He was cast as Maxwell Lord in George Miller's Justice League movie.

Oh I know what you’re gonna say…

Baruchel: BATMAN V SUPERMAN…DAWN OF JUSTICE: Ultimate Edition is probably the film I’ve seen the most from last year. I’ve watched it about seven times…”

Well, there’s a really distinct vision to it, and you can’t say that with the Marvel movies…

Baruchel: THANK YOU! This is what I said, even when I saw the theatrical one and didn’t love it. In its weakest moment, it has more choice, style and commitment to it than the best moment in CIVIL WAR. CIVIL WAR, I can’t tell you what it’s about or who made it. You watch BATMAN V SUPERMAN you know exactly what it’s about and he ****ing committed to a choice and DC always does that.”
He was cast as Maxwell Lord in George Miller's Justice League movie.

Jeff Sneider‏ @TheInSneider

I'm dropping not one but TWO MAJOR DCEU PREDICTIONS on tomorrow's MEET THE MOVIE PRESS, so don't miss it. LIVE at 9am on @ThePopcornTalk!

dis clickbaiting muthaf**er

no one cares about your predictions, Sneider. Either you have concrete news to report or something with a legitimate bread crumb trail.

He is one of the better reporters at breaking news so i would imagine these predictions have a realistic chance of happening.

Zero_Effect, maybe next time post tweets from people who actually have legitimate news to offer. :o

dis clickbaiting muthaf**er

Well Kroll might be commenting on these.

Jeff Sneider‏ @TheInSneider

@krolljvar @TheHoss5150 Aww, Dave is playing the spoiler! Fair enough. Maybe we'll take calls so you can weigh in on my accuracy...

Justin Kroll‏ @krolljvar

@TheInSneider @TheHoss5150 That I can do

Everybody wants in on 'dat DCEU scoop lol.

Zero_Effect, maybe next time post tweets from people who actually have legitimate news to offer. :o

dinozzo-head-slap.gif

I did.

I'd wager that DCEU scoops are more valuable than most others at this point the only ones that I think might rival it is a possible star wars scoop or maybe a marvel one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Superman is in the pipeline to shoot this year...cavill thinned out for a bit but is starting to put on more mass the last couple of months.

Cavill did hurt his leg, though and has been rehabbing. He seems to be getting better but at what extend of the injury is the question. That could have set things back, even if it was for a few weeks.

Got your back Chip, I voted no

Wait what was your opinion again?

Why not more Vertigo films? Few projects like 100 bullets (still in development hell). Depending on the series, films can be low budget (so low risk).

As it is, we have too many superhero movies..It's time for CBM to expand (more).

Voted as well.

I'm sure that thread will soon spiral into an endless cesspool of arguments, though.

Justin Kroll‏ @krolljvar

With BATMAN likely shooting in 2018, WB still would like one more DC property to shoot this year other than AQUAMAN

The 5 films being considered are SIRENS, FLASH, LANTERN, SQUAD 2 and DARK UNIVERSE.

That said if scripts aren't ready to go, studio is content just shooting AQUAMAN this year till films are ready to go

Here's my 2 cents as a fan.

Flash and Lantern are out of the question. Those NEED to be right. Goyer just started on GLC and Joby just started his page one re-write. So, NO.

Skwad 2 would be nice, but I think the fans would like it if Mel Gibson were on board. Instead of pressuring him and him leaving talks just let him sign on when he's committed. So, TBD?

Sirens is the safest bet. The absolute safest bet. Both Margot and Harley Quinn are the hot ticket right now. Cast a veteran vixen with acting chops for Selina and you're well on you're way.

Dark Universe, I want this to get made. Out of all of these I want to watch this one the most. But the caveat is that unlike Skwad 1 I'm invested in these characters. Zatanna and Swamp Thing especially (John Constantine is almost impossible to mess up). If they eff up Zatanna in her first live action outing I will be pissed. There's also the finesse that this script in particular requires. This property lends itself much more to the Horror genre than adventure/science fiction. But these are "superheroes". The closest there's been to a Superhero/Horror movie is GDT Hellboy movies and the first Swamp Thing. This script can't be rushed like Suicide Squad.

That ended up more like 10 cents, but there you have it.

I voted yes because I think they might if they really want to bring in Spidey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"