Lounge of Justice - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think there is a lot to like in Batman Forever that often gets over looked, but that's mostly because of the really hokey brain waves plot and Tommy Lee Jones over the top performance. Batman '89 IMO is a much superior film but I think obe thing Forever had over '89 is the action sequences were far more impressive. I even think Kilmer was a solid Batman and the film had a great score but even both of those aspects are better in '89.

Saw some folks talking about King Arthur here in the Lounge.

Just saw it again myself recently, and honestly I like it perhaps even more than I did the first time I saw it.

Particularly just how cool Vortigern looked in what some are calling his "demon knight" mode.
Screen+Shot+2017-01-22+at+5.03.52+PM.png

maxresdefault.jpg

I mean... sweet Jesus look at that thing. It's like the love child of Skeletor and Frank Frazetta's famous Death Dealer.
frankfrazetta-the-death-dealer-i-1973.jpg

skeletor.jpg

That final fight was WW-esque..the lightening, quick moves even the speech. If Ares had looked like that it would have been amazing

I prefer Batman Forever over Batman 89.

Me too

Batman Returns is a good Tim Burton movie, but not a good Batman movie.

Might as well call it FREAKS.

Freaks Part 2: Freaks vs Batman

I agree that Nicole Kidman is hotter than Kim Basinger, and I like the lack of 'AAH's in BF.

Plus Nicole wasn't screaming every five minutes. My goodness I still can't decide who was worse Vicki or Mary Jane.

Last edited:
I do think there is a lot to like in Batman Forever that often gets over looked, but that's mostly because of the really hokey brain waves plot and Tommy Lee Jones over the top performance. Batman '89 IMO is a much superior film but I think obe thing Forever had over '89 is the action sequences were far more impressive. I even think Kilmer was a solid Batman and the film had a great score but even both of those aspects are better in '89.
Before BvS, I still think B89 had the best Bat-fight in the bell tower. What action are you talking about in BF that was better? The opening sequence was ok, and the fight at the Nygma party was....eh. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

I haven't watched BF in many years. Maybe I'll watch it later tonight?

giphy.gif

The Flash and Green Lantern intro is awesome. :awesome: :awesome:

Love that intro. Although, to be honest, I'm STILL trying to warm up to the new "DC" logo. I REALLY loved the previous one that they used during the New 52 and for the tv shows where the logo would customize itself depending on what property it was. This new one just seems...plain and uncreative. But that's just me.

Before BvS, I still think B89 had the best Bat-fight in the bell tower. What action are you talking about in BF that was better? The opening sequence was ok, and the fight at the Nygma party was....eh. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Is it?

[YT]oABhL6zCVRw[/YT]

Because its mostly Batman being beaten up by a random thug.

Batman '89 is the better movie. But Batman Forever probably wins on Batman fights

[YT]Zu4LHJN92cw[/YT]

Last edited:
Is it?

Because its mostly Batman being beaten up by a random thug.

Batman '89 is the better movie. But Batman Forever probably wins on Batman fights
Yes, I said a better fight scene, not who came out better. I think the first Bane fight scene in TDKR is better than BF too, but Batman got his ass handed to him.

[YT]Zu4LHJN92cw[/YT]
Yeah, Kilmer Bats was quite a competent fighter. There's also the opening elevator scene:

[YT]7qt3Ax_HYYI[/YT]

Zod damn. I like how he saved that thug from falling down the elevator shaft. Keaton had no problem dropping a guy down the church after banging his head on the bell. :o

Alright. Baby Driver.

I am disappointed. First the good. The action, and car chases were amazing. The acting was great, and the editing was just brilliant.

The disappointing. The music. The romantic parts. The over-all story. Very cliched at times. A lot of it was like Drive, but Drive is so much better.

Eiza Gonzalez is so hnngh tho. So is lily james. Worth watching for those two only.

The fight ceography was definitely better than anything in Batman '89 for one. The big action scenes just feel grander in BF aswell. I prefer '89 as a movie but for pure spectacle BF is much better imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"