Justice League Lounge of Justice - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize Mary Poppins is a classic easy to enjoy, but I don't really expect a sequel coming 50+ years later to be a much bigger hit than the Pete's Dragon remake.

Guardians 2 and Last Jedi did some good advertising for Poppins.

:o

Some were skeptical of the Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast remakes and both proved to be monstrous hits. And it was Coco, a movie that many here said wasn’t a threat, that knocked Justice League out of the #1 spot, after all.

Mary Poppins could be a bigger threat to Aquaman than it appears, is all I’m saying.

Finally watching Justice League.
[BLACKOUT]Bruce Wayne: "I don't need to recognize the world, I just need to save it."[/BLACKOUT] is my first complaint/nitpick. Opening song is blah, and CGI mustache concealment are things I'm already familiar with, not knocking on them more.

Guardians 2 and Last Jedi did some good advertising for Poppins.

:o
"Is he cool?"
"Yeah, he cool"
"I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL"

Point taken.

Btw I can’t wait to see the Black Manta suit.

Finally watching Justice League.

Do one of your usual commentaries. I like them!
[BLACKOUT]Bruce Wayne: "I don't need to recognize the world, I just need to save it."[/BLACKOUT] is my first complaint/nitpick.

Why is this a complaint? I dont understand. You mean the line delivery or what he says? I thought he meant that they need to save the world, and leave the making sense of it all, for later.

Aquaman is going to do fine at box office. I have 10+ female friends and my mother and we are all going. And if the movie is fun I'll see it 2+ times even if it's piece of **** I'll see it at least twice

Unless one of Oscar Isaac's films that are released before Aquaman finally kills me.

Some were skeptical of the Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast remakes and both proved to be monstrous hits. And it was Coco, a movie that many here said wasn’t a threat, that knocked Justice League out of the #1 spot, after all.

Mary Poppins could be a bigger threat to Aquaman than it appears, is all I’m saying.
I'm usually proven wrong in these cases, I'm not going to cry if this is the same thing.

Do one of your usual commentaries. I like them!
I'm honored. I'll try to do my best with this one.

Why is this a complaint? I dont understand. You mean the line delivery or what he says? I thought he meant that they need to save the world, and leave the making sense of it all, for later.
[blackout]Batman is into planning and forming strategies, and that accompanies his habit of knowing the enemy and the terrain, that is a major characteristic of Batman, or any good strategist. "I don't need to recognize the world" is like jumping blind, it's more of a suicide than a rescue mission.[/blackout]

Aquaman is going to do fine at box office. I have 10+ female friends and my mother and we are all going. And if the movie is fun I'll see it 2+ times even if it's piece of **** I'll see it at least twice

Unless one of Oscar Isaac's films that are released before Aquaman finally kills me.

What if they CG momoa's beard off? And make him say "I'm a big fan of fish. I talk to them." In the third act.

DON'T give them ideas like that.

What if Whedon does extensive reshoots and casts himelf as Aquaman?

b91ab980ac2133876b2c1a4b54b9ada9--joss-whedon-bad-hair.jpg

Isn't Whedon about as attractive as Momoa? I mean in his youth of course. Look at those flowing locks. Ok I'll stop.

I'm honored. I'll try to do my best with this one.

[blackout]Batman is into planning and forming strategies, and that accompanies his habit of knowing the enemy and the terrain, that is a major characteristic of Batman, or any good strategist. "I don't need to recognize the world" is like jumping blind, it's more of a suicide than a rescue mission.[/blackout]

Interesting perspective, and one I had not considered.

Why would Disney movie Solo next to another Disney film? Solo is pretty much screwed no matter where you put it so they might as well kept it where it's at. That's going to be the problem with Disney soon. They're going to start canalizing their own films since they're increasing their output each year.

Last edited:
What's His Name is better than Ralph Fiennes in Hail, Caesar and probably gonna get his career ruined now

Ansel freaking Elgort is a Golden Globe Nominee

It's madness.

Steppenwolf in Thymiscera is a cool action scene, but it raises a few questions:
  • How did he search for millenia and only found that one motherbox in this one island where there are a few? You can call Victor lucky for not being the one to summon this man unaware.
  • Exiled for millenia, and he amassed and army of the same type of creatures. I'm not sure if this will be addressed later.
  • How did that one lady know his name?
I'm confident I heard one of the ladies shout "FLAME OON". I did not say that's what she said, it's what I heard.

Steppenwolf came out of a portal right next to the box, I don't know if it's wise to carry it running from him. I wouldn't call this point a plot problem, it just draws my attention.

I'm not certain why there is this difference in strength levels. Two ladies hold a heavy door from closing, another one is unable to lift the horse that is on her after a fall I think they are physically qualified to survive.

Steppenwolf in Thymiscera is a cool action scene, but it raises a few questions:
  • How did he search for millenia and only found that one motherbox in this one island where there are a few? You can call Victor lucky for not being the one to summon this man unaware.
  • Exiled for millenia, and he amassed and army of the same type of creatures. I'm not sure if this will be addressed later.
  • How did that one lady know his name?
I'm confident I heard one of the ladies shout "FLAME OON". I did not say that's what she said, it's what I heard.

Steppenwolf came out of a portal right next to the box, I don't know if it's wise to carry it running from him. I wouldn't call this point a plot problem, it just draws my attention.

I'm not certain why there is this difference in strength levels. Two ladies hold a heavy door from closing, another one is unable to lift the horse that is on her after a fall I think they are physically qualified to survive.

I don't think you've gotten to the History Lesson part yet but that's how they know who he is, along with the Motherboxes

My questions are getting answered, I like it. The backstory reminds me of the prologue of Fellowship of the Ring, it's not exactly a WIN for me, but I can appreciate the effort of a good backstory.

Danny Elfman's stock music doesn't distract me while I watch the movie, it's used fittingly so far.

I asked how Bruce Wayne snuck into the lair of Barry Allen with the chains still there, I doubt that question will get answered.

I think I'll end watching it now and continue tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"