Justice League Lounge of Justice - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 79

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is this is precisely the strategy WB tried to apply to their cinematic universe. The heroes work together first, then they get standalone movies. That plan didn't work out the way they were hoping for due to BvS and JL's reception. Seems to be a joke about WB's disastrous attempts to rush their movie slate in general, not just about the Lanterns, which technically isn't even accurate since GL 2011 wasn't part of the DCEU and didn't fail because it was a solo movie.

Actually, that strategy is not a bad strategy at all, it works, Marvel has done the same thing by introducing Spider-Man and Black Panther in Civil War. WB successfully introduced Wonder Woman in BvS.

The only thing that WB failed to do was to make a popular Justice League movie, had JL been a hit we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Last edited:
DloehuuXsAIwoE5.jpg

As much as I like JDM, that's just freaking amazing.
But I'm not a fan of this part: "But this being a movie project that will veer off center from the traditional Batman cannon, sources say that the script paints Thomas Wayne as a cheesy and tanned businessman who is more in the mold of a 1980s Donald Trump."

Still, it's supposed to be Elseworlds, so might as well feel like Elseworlds.
b6e3e24d39e993994a3ee1a3ba93a363.gif

Under any other circumstances I wouldn't want to see any parallels between Batman's father and Donald Trump. However this is purposely meant to be different and out of the ordinary, so I'm willing to see what it's all about. 30 years ago some DC editor could've easily told Brian Augustyn and Mike Mignola that it's ridiculous to have a Victorian era Gotham City and we wouldn't have Gotham by Gaslight or Kingdom Come or All-Star Superman, or any revered Elseworlds story.

My concern is more about how the GA would react to something like that. Regular moviegoers likely have no clue about the Multiverse and while it's not exactly a difficult concept to grasp, the idea of Batman's father sharing similarities with Donald Trump in this version could seem utterly preposterous to some people. lol I guess I'm just hoping the audience is more open-minded, you know.

You're assuming the GA cares as much as us nerds do...

Hell, I don't care...the GA won't care.

Yeah, if there are any actual similarities between the two, I imagine them to be superficial at the most.

Given that the only thing most people know or care about concerning Thomas Wayne is his unfortunate fate...I'm sure there are quite a few people who wouldn't mind that comparison. :sly:

Yeah, I doubt many people have some sort of attachment to Thomas Wayne. It may not even register that he is Batman's father until after the movie has ended :funny:

I'm glad they decided to completely crazy with The Joker. That's why its an elseworld, and so the people will GET its an elseworld.

Best case you check out the directors other films in Fruitvale Station and Creed.

Worst case you're officially done with the MCU outside of Avengers 4.

Hoping for the best. :woot:

Edit: I also recommend Ethan Hawke's film The Woman in the 5th.

Ethan Hawke is one of my favourite actors. So damn underrated. I'll watch anything he's in.

Also First Reformed :

poetic-cinema-22006159.png

The cinematography and production design was so good. Ethan Hawke with probably the best performance so far this year...and damn the story/writing went all out on this. Its unfair movies like this and "A Ghost Story" are not released closer to award season.

Count me in. Oh and Cyberpunk 2077's gameplay just made my night. :hmr:

giphy.gif

I dont get when people say "Hey Thoman Wayne isnt supposed be like-----"

Uhh and Superman isnt supposed to be a Russian either. And Batman isnt supposed to be set in the Victorian era either.

THATS WHY ITS AN ELSEWORLD. I mean what did you guys expect? That they called it an elseworld for the lolz and would just connect it to the main universe?

I dont get when people say "Hey Thoman Wayne isnt supposed be like-----"

Uhh and Superman isnt supposed to be a Russian either. And Batman isnt supposed to be set in the Victorian era either.

THATS WHY ITS AN ELSEWORLD. I mean what did you guys expect? That they called it an elseworld for the lolz and would just connect it to the main universe?

You mean Thomas might NOT die in this movie?? :ilv:

You mean Thomas might NOT die in this movie?? :ilv:

Would be so badass if a mugger comes up and he straight up annihilates the guy and says "You messed with the wrong guy, punk"

Would be so badass if a mugger comes up and he straight up annihilates the guy and says "You messed with the wrong guy, punk"

lol I'd wet my pants right away

though I imagined JDM doing that haha

Ok this is one sick cast (minus Maron who I've never heard of)

Baldwin joins a growing cast that includes Joaquin Phoenix in the title role, Robert De Niro, Frances Conroy, Marc Maron, and Zazie Beetz

I can imagine him going: "Little pig, little pig, let me in!" :hehe:

Actually, that strategy is not a bad strategy at all, it works, Marvel has done the same thing by introducing Spider-Man and Black Panther in Civil War. WB successfully introduced Wonder Woman in BvS.

The only thing that WB failed to do was to make a popular Justice League movie, had JL been a hit we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Ain't nothing wrong with the strategy itself, it's the incompetence of the decision makers. So that panel MbJ posted was DC trying go mock the GL movie when in fact WB's DCEU slate suffered from the same level of incompetence. GL is just the easy punching bag.

I don't think it matters if it's a solo or a team-up movie as long as the people behind the scenes have their act together, which WB didn't. The notion that heroes acting together first before going solo is some kind of successful strategy, only depends on how competently is being handled. Yeah, WW is a great example for that, but it's how it should've been with all the other Leaguers, so DC trying to indicate in that comic panel that all will be well as long as you apply the "together first/solo after" strategy, without acknowledging that ineptitude was the actual reason for their movie studio's failures, is kind of weird.

Yeah, it actually reminds me of how Elliot sees E Corp as "Evil Corp" on Mr. Robot. Since the narrative is shown from his unique perspective, we [the audience] see it that way in turn.
Oh right, I haven't seen that actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"