Justice League Lounge of Justice - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 80

Status
Not open for further replies.
And should the internet outrage machine come callin' complaining about not respecting the source material...

latest

MBJ is a better actor too. He has everything to be Superman, but we'll know what some fans will cling to when it comes to the issue. And no, before anyone else steps in, ya'll can keep him white if you want, but to say that MBJ ain't a good Supes is taking a bite of that jelly donut. lol

I do remember back in the early days the studio approaching Will Smith as Supes.

He'll be Val Zod, and not Kal El, which is totally fine. Now if they race bend Kal El though...

He'll be Val Zod, and not Kal El, which is totally fine. Now if they race bend Kal El though...

He'll be Kal El aka Superman to me. Period, lol

And no matter how much the fans would complain, they would make him exactly that. But that MBJ ain't even a rumor at this point, just stuff being thrown around.

The thing about Michael B. Jordan is, while he's a great actor, I just personally can't picture him in the Superman role. Besides, does WB really want to repeat Fan4stic's initial controversy and keep their reputation lying down in the mud still?

The thing about Michael B. Jordan is, while he's a great actor, I just personally can't picture him in the Superman role. Besides, does WB really want to repeat Fan4stic's initial controversy and keep their reputation lying down in the mud still?

We go through the racebending controversy every time it happens, and it almost never amounts to anything. Fan4tastic ultimately bombed because it was absolutely terrible, not because people were boycotting it over MBJ's involvement.

That said, it's all moot because the Deadline piece said they were already moving forward with Supergirl anyway. MBJ would be great in the Green Lantern reboot, though.

Actually, MBJ Superman casting would be over all more positive in general outside of forums like these. Ya'll underestimate how much love MBJ gets elsewhere.

They kind of did with the Cal Ellis Superman version. Though it wasn't just with Cal, pretty much the entire Justice League is black in that alternate universe.

Image-61-600x310.jpg

Well if your remember after COIE there were plans to change a lot of things including making Superman black and diversifying the whole main heroes.

We go through the racebending controversy every time it happens, and it almost never amounts to anything. Fan4tastic ultimately bombed because it was absolutely terrible, not because people were boycotting it over MBJ's involvement.

That said, it's all moot because the Deadline piece said they were already moving forward with Supergirl anyway. MBJ would be great in the Green Lantern reboot, though.
I could see him in the Green Lantern reboot, yeah. Provided WB eventually makes it. :funny:

Legacy character seems like the way to go if they want to do black Superman

Race swapping a character this iconic has never been done before on the big screen, it’s a huge risk. But more power to them if they make that gamble.

Legacy character seems like the way to go if they want to do black Superman

Race swapping a character this iconic has never been done before on the big screen, it’s a huge risk. But more power to them if they make that gamble.

As far as legacy Superman characters are concerned, Jordan can be one hell of a John Henry Irons. Another reason they shouldn't have killed Superman so early.

IF MBJ were white, he would be a shoe in for most Superman fans. Dude pretty much has everything from a look and acting pov.

Quick topic change for a second, am I the only one who hasnt given up on Titans? I think the first trailer gave a bad first impression but I feel that theres much more to the series than they showed us.

John Henry Irons has been introduced as Steel without the "Death of Superman" as prelude. He was a part of Grant Morrison's New 52 Brainiac story, for example. As for Michael B. Jordan, he's one of my favorite actors who I've loved since Friday Night Lights, but I don't think he's right for Superman. I also don't really see him wanting the role, to be honest. If Cavill is well and truly out of the picture and WB is serious about racebending Superman, then I think someone who could be a face of modern immigrants in the U.S.A. would have the biggest impact. A Latino-American or Arab-American could be interesting, but I'm open to anyone of any race.

Quick topic change for a second, am I the only one who hasnt given up on Titans? I think the first trailer gave a bad first impression but I feel that theres much more to the series than they showed us.
I will watch in the hope that it wasn’t done justice at all by that edgy for the sake of being edgy trailer

Even if it's not accurate... it still looks cheaply made.

Yo, tag me when Bosslogic makes that MBJ Supe manip. Bald bastah is definitely working on it, he has to be. lol

Dm2mfyHVAAAxUOQ.jpg

I'd never seen this George Perez piece before.

I think an alternate universe black Superman that's distinctly different than his main universe counterpart would be a much better direction to go in, than merely race-swapping Clark Kent. Cal Ellis had a different life than Clark did, the only similarities were Krypton's destruction and being found by a nice family. Cal was never a journalist, he was into politics, he wanted to be a boxer at a young age, he doesn't have weakness towards Kryptonite, he became the freaking US President. I'd say that the American President being a black Superman is probably an even bigger power fantasy than Black Panther. They truly have a chance to show us something really different here, if they do have plans to introduce a different type of Superman, this is the way to go in my opinion.

Last edited:
I like Calvin Ellis as an Elseworld story, but I have a big problem with any Superman having a day job as POTUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"