Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how a replacement softens the blow to those who would see it as a blow. They would feel it was a blow BECAUSE he was being REPLACED.

No argument there. But having a replacement ready to announce is better than announcing Ben leaving with no indication of who's taking up the mantle. The problem theyre going to have is casting someone of Ben's caliber.

I like it for the most part. I dug the "fish man" exchange.
I love that people know him from TV.
When Shazam trailer dropped, there are critics surfaced about how or why Freddy wear an Aquaman t-shirt. Well, he was in JL and this movie will push his name further to that universe's world.

No argument there. But having a replacement ready to announce is better than announcing Ben leaving with no indication of who's taking up the mantle. The problem theyre going to have is casting someone of Ben's caliber.

I still don't see how that works. Everyone would already know that a replacement was going to be cast. I don't think knowing the exact replacement would make it better, because people who would be bummed would be bummed because they like Affleck and/or the take the DCEU had on his character. Those two things go away regardless of who takes the role, and given the debates people have about casting, even an actor one deemed of equivalent caliber by some would be hated by others. I personally don't see the point in dragging it out if it's inevitable.

@misslane38 Well i'll put it to you this way, which sounds better "Ben Affleck has officially left the role of Batman, future of movie up in the air..." Or "Ben Aflleck has officially left the role if Batman but ARMIE HAMMER Star of CALL ME BY YOUR NAME will be replacing him as the Dark Knight. Production starts in January." You see what im saying? One instance is just bad news and uncertainty the other is bad news but showing that they have a plan in place to move forward.

Reactions: MbJ
I love that people know him from TV.
When Shazam trailer dropped, there are critics surfaced about how or why Freddy wear an Aquaman t-shirt. Well, he was in JL and this movie will push his name further to that universe's world.
In JL, Aquaman was seen with other heroes (like WW, Batman, Flash) fighting Superman in the heart of Metropolis, most likely that was shown on TV news, so it's not difficult to understand why people would recognize Aquaman or sell merch with his logo on it.

justice-league-review-un-super-heros-amusant-et-parfaitement-rid.jpg

I like this shot, looks straight from a JL comic.
new-justice-league-teasers-feature-batman-aquaman.jpg

Is there any truth to the sudden onslaught of articles today about Ben and Cavill's "confirmed" exit? All the articles basically led back to the Variety report that simply states WB has no plans to move forward with Batman and Superman.

@misslane38 Well i'll put it to you this way, which sounds better "Ben Affleck has officially left the role of Batman, future of movie up in the air..." Or "Ben Aflleck has officially left the role if Batman but ARMIE HAMMER Star of CALL ME BY YOUR NAME will be replacing him as the Dark Knight. Production starts in January." You see what im saying? One instance is just bad news and uncertainty the other is bad news but showing that they have a plan in place to move forward.

But we know the future of Batman movies isn't up in the air. They were going to get made with or without Affleck. They are getting made. The only open question was who would be playing Bruce.

In JL, Aquaman was seen with other heroes (like WW, Batman, Flash) fighting Superman in the heart of Metropolis, most likely that was shown on TV news, so it's not difficult to understand why people would recognize Aquaman or sell merch with his logo on it.

justice-league-review-un-super-heros-amusant-et-parfaitement-rid.jpg

I like this shot, looks straight from a JL comic.
new-justice-league-teasers-feature-batman-aquaman.jpg
I don't see why anyone would hassle him in a bar if they knew who he was.
People joke about Aquaman because they think he's a silly character, but if you lived the DC universe you would respect him. No one picks a fight with someone they saw wrestling with Superman.
Shame that shot wasn't in the film.

lol yea if a dood who can survive in the oceans and can control waves and whales existed in real life - i definitely would not wanna mess with the guy. much less refer to him as "fish boy"...more like fish god!

To be fair, those jokes don't make a lot of sense to me given how Aquaman looks here. Who would go to a guy that's 6'4, built like a brick house with tattoos all over his body, and try to make fish jokes about him.

People joke about Aquaman because they think he's a silly character, but if you lived the DC universe you would respect him. No one picks a fight with someone they saw wrestling with Superman.
Shame that shot wasn't in the film.

lol yea if a dood who can survive in the oceans and can control waves and whales existed in real life - i definitely would not wanna mess with the guy. much less refer to him as "fish boy"...more like fish god!
I guess those dudes are from his native village, and haven't seen him in person in a long time. lol. (as Arthur is always wandering around the world)

So they might not see him as a Superhero or maybe they are picking a fight with him as they are dumb and believe in the"Strength is in numbers" :p

Edit: I doubt anyone in his home-town really believes about Atlantis thing and think of Arthur (son of a light house keeper) as someone who can breathe under-water.

Last edited:
People joke about Aquaman because they think he's a silly character, but if you lived the DC universe you would respect him.

Actually, that's 100 percent from the comic.

Aquaman-1-image-5.jpg

When you're on a team of gods, inevitably someone is gonna come up looking like the least cool or impressive person there.

Actually, that's 100 percent from the comic.

Aquaman-1-image-5.jpg

When you're on a team of gods, inevitably someone is gonna come up looking like the least cool or impressive person there.
I thought it was bad when the comic came out and worried that it would be repeated in the film.
I wouldn't have a problem with another superhero making fish jokes, but not normal people, particularly to his face.
The jokes make even less sense once he's established and taken the throne. Even if you take away the superpowers angle, he's the ruler of the largest nation on the planet. How many people would insult Vladimir Putin, Xi Jingping or Angela Merkel to their face?
If he were real, Aquaman would probably be regarded above most other Leaguers.

I thought it was bad when the comic came out and worried that it would be repeated in the film.
I wouldn't have a problem with another superhero making fish jokes, but not normal people, particularly to his face.
The jokes make even less sense once he's established and taken the throne. Even if you take away the superpowers angle, he's the ruler of the largest nation on the planet. How many people would insult Vladimir Putin, Xi Jingping or Angela Merkel to their face?

I personally would love to have a few choice words with Putin, but maybe that's just me. But regardless, I don't see it as particularly out there in the context. You'd think idiots wouldn't hassle pro athletes or celebs in public, but that happens irl.

FuLLDKD.gif

(Yes I just wanted an excuse to post the gif of Buzz Aldrin punching a heckler in the face.)

I personally would love to have a few choice words with Putin, but maybe that's just me. But regardless, I don't see it as particularly out there in the context. You'd think idiots wouldn't hassle pro athletes or celebs in public, but that happens irl.

FuLLDKD.gif

(Yes I just wanted an excuse to post the gif of Buzz Aldrin punching a heckler in the face.)
Ha ! That dude totally deserved it.

There is a certain breed of human that sees all celebrities as jokes, someone not to be taken seriously, just for being famous. And even if the celebrity's "image" is as a total badass, this special kind of person would just assume it's fake showbiz stuff and that they could take 'em in a fight. Or they think they wouldn't react for fear of bad PR. So yeah, I could see one of those idiots taunting Aquaman in person easily.

I've seen vids of random joes taunting Mike Tyson. Some folks just want to poke the bears, fam. It happens.

lol why would people even consider doing something like that...

don't even think about stealing mike tyson's pet tiger!

he will punch u out with phil collins as his soundtrack!

This was a headline I did not wake up expecting to read.

I would most certainly want to have a few words with Merkel, that's for sure. As for Aquaman, like I said, to me it's more about his physical appearance as opposed to him being a royalty. Why would you want to antagonize a guy that looks like him. lol It's like they cast Momoa to make him "badass", yet they keep giving him story elements that work with the classic Aquaman but most likely wouldn't work with DCEU Aquaman. The fish jokes are chief among them in my view. That page with the blogger would look ridiculous with Aquamomoa.

lol why would people even consider doing something like that...

don't even think about stealing mike tyson's pet tiger!

he will punch u out with phil collins as his soundtrack!

There is a vid of Mike telling a paparazzi to leave him alone or he will gladly pay time in jail to kick his teeth out of his mouth. Never seen a paparazzi back away so fast.

There is a certain breed of human that sees all celebrities as jokes, someone not to be taken seriously, just for being famous. And even if the celebrity's "image" is as a total badass, this special kind of person would just assume it's fake showbiz stuff and that they could take 'em in a fight. Or they think they wouldn't react for fear of bad PR. So yeah, I could see one of those idiots taunting Aquaman in person easily.

I hear this often happens with wrestlers.

Physical appearance doesn't stop someone from being antagonized. Like Terry Crews was sexually assaulted. And his stature came up constantly. That stuff doesn't matter when someone has a desire to assert dominance over you.

Reactions: MbJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"