Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
The production quality isn't great, but it's no worse than what you'd regularly see on a show like Gotham or Supernatural. Most of the performances range from serviceable to good, with Teagan Croft and especially Brenton Thwaites showing the most promise. The story thus far is presented like a neo-noirish crime mystery, one that will no doubt reveal deep-rooted evils as it unfolds. What else? Oh! There's more than a modicum of violence to be found throughout, as can be expected from a dark, gritty show with a TV-MA rating (the Robin fight scene in particular is like something out of a comic/video game, and it's almost as good as you've been hearing). The mood is, of course, pretty serious for the most part, but not in a dour kind of way. Once the other main characters start joining the fray, there's bound to be additional levity. That should make for a decent tonal balance overall even if I personally think it's already fine as is.
The "neo-noirish crime mystery" part really caught my eye. If I do end up enjoying the show, that aspect would certainly help sell me on it.

Any of y'all saw the leaked "Hellboy" trailer? Looks pretty good. The Guillermo Del Toro films hold a special place in my heart, and it will be hard to top them for me though.

Any of y'all saw the leaked "Hellboy" trailer? Looks pretty good. The Guillermo Del Toro films hold a special place in my heart, and it will be hard to top them for me though.
The trailer was ok. I do wish the marketing reflected what they promised folks on. As far as I can tell this is pretty much Hellboy 3.
That's fine & dandy, but I was looking forward to a grittier; closer to Dredd take.

I saw Venom.

Man, what a poorly made film...but I can't deny that I did enjoy it.

The trailer was ok. I do wish the marketing reflected what they promised folks on. As far as I can tell this is pretty much Hellboy 3.
That's fine & dandy, but I was looking forward to a grittier; closer to Dredd take.

Grittier?? Get outta here! If a CBM movie isn't telling jokes every 5 minutes, it's too dark and depressing. :p

Now you're making me think of how Nighting is gonna look in that spandex. :o
Yesterday I was wandering at several DC related subreddits and lo and behold. There were some people posting Brenton Thwaites' butt sidepic from the pilot episode.

I googled a bit to see are people really interested at specific physical stuff about an actor that played a character (with a legendary posterior, indeed) and these were from months ago:

Fans Google If Brenton Thwaites Has The Butt To Play Nightwing

Nightwing Fans Are Googling Photos of Brenton Thwaites’ Butt

'Titans': Nightwing Fans Google Brenton Thwaites' Butt

Does Brenton Thwaites Have What It Takes To Properly Play Nightwing? (And By It We Mean A Nice Ass)

INTO: A Digital Magazine for The Modern Queer World

Holy coffee, Batman. :funny:
The curse for any actor who play Dick Grayson.

Al' is cast.

Based on DC characters created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger, Pennyworth follows Bruce Wayne’s legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth (Bannon), a former British SAS soldier in his 20’s, who forms a security company and goes to work with a young billionaire, Thomas Wayne, who’s not yet Bruce’s father, in 1960s London.

Bannon’s Pennyworth is a boyishly handsome, cheerful, charming, clever young man from London. Honest, open-faced and witty; you’d never take him for an SAS killer. Alfred doesn’t know how to reconcile the kind-hearted boy he used to be with the cold, calculated killer he was forced to become. He’s a man on the make, who doesn’t know what to make of himself yet.

Do you love Batman? Well if you love him, you clearly love Alfred, right? Do you want to see a Batman TV show? How about a show BEFORE Batman! In fact, a show before Bruce Wayne was even born! Before Thomas even met Martha!

P E N N Y W O R T H

Al' is cast.

Sounds nice. I like that another prominent Bat Family deemed interesting enough for spotlight in someways.

Just a few days ago people here were joking about Alfred related DC stuff and voilà! :funny:

I hope for more Alfred in movies as well.
He's Jeremy Irons.
We saw glimpse that he is powerful still, even with age when he struck that log down with one swing (BvS).

Do you love Batman? Well if you love him, you clearly love Alfred, right? Do you want to see a Batman TV show? How about a show BEFORE Batman! In fact, a show before Bruce Wayne was even born! Before Thomas even met Martha!

P E N N Y W O R T H
Bruh, if the likes of Morbius or Silver Sable can have movies in the works, is it really that strange that Batman's butler is getting a TV series. You have formerly C-list characters make twice as much as a Justice League movie. Groot and Rocket Raccoon are household names now. Harley Quinn is told to be "the fourth pillar of DC" by the company's own publishers. At this point, I can just try to appreciate the absurdity of the era we live in.

Last edited:
To be honest, they could strip the comic references from that synopsis and I'd still check that show out. Sounds interesting to me.

P E N N Y W O R T H
Batman's back story starts from Here !

Adventures of Alfred Pennyworth. How he served in SAS as a soldier, how he became a Spy. How he became a butler.

Bruh, if the likes of Morbius or Silver Sable can have movies in the works, is it really that strange that Batman's butler is getting a TV series. You have formerly C-list characters make twice as much as a Justice League movie. Groot and Rocket Raccoon are household names now. Harley Quinn is told to be "the fourth pillar of DC" by the company's own publishers. At this point, I can just try to appreciate the absurdity of the era we live in.
Yeah, characters like Lois Lane and Alfred have become iconic.

P E N N Y W O R T H
I still don't give a hoot about Batman supporting characters before Batman became Batman, toootally the kind of viewer that wants to see an Alfred prequel. :oldrazz:

Who doesn't root for Alfred?
Dude beat the Man of Steel himself.

alfred-pennyworth-vs-superman-2.jpg

alfred-pennyworth-vs-superman-4.jpg

We need Jeremy Irons' Gym Gordon style working out pictures to increase the hype.

Lakeith Stanfield is a treasure tho, I've seen him in very few things (that I can remember right now), but there is such an honest vulnerability to his eyes and he's just so damn likeable, I wanna watch anything he does. I feel like I was enjoying the movie quite a bit, but the movie tip-toed around its own edge; it never fully embraced its own weirdness...and honestly the ending (the very-very ending) kinda ruined it for me.

Agreed. Also didnt Hammer completely own the arrogant, rich, weird CEO role? Love him. This might sound weird but he is how I expect the perfect male to look like :|

Grayson is BRUTAL!! Like @idiot09 said, he's more brutal than Batfleck (speaking of, I think I missed that reference you were talking about buddy),

Glad to hear ya enjoyed it man.

Talking about that Aston Martin looking car he drives at the end, that looks VERY similar to the car Bruce drives in BvS, and he calls it a family heirloom. I liked that it wasnt just another new shiny sports car. Old money.

Al' is cast.

Actually sounds interesting. I'm with @Da-Scribe on this one, i'll check this out.

Last edited:
First Man(2018).

Finally saw it in IMAX. Wow. Just wow. It was an experience alright. It was disturbing how personal it felt at times, like looking through a window I'm not supposed to. This movie LOOKED vintage through and through. That 60s grain <3

Stellar performance from the supporting cast, Gosling at his usual best, but Claire Foy really shined. So fierce. Beautiful cinematrography, amazing sound design. Go see it in the biggest screen possible.

Talking about that Aston Martin looking car he drives at the end, that looks VERY similar to the car Bruce drives in BvS, and he calls it a family heirloom. I liked that it wasnt just another new shiny sports car. Old money.
I believe that's
either a Porsche 911 classic or Porsche 964 :)

Also didnt Hammer completely own the arrogant, rich, weird CEO role? Love him. This might sound weird but he is how I expect the perfect male to look like

DjY5hRuk_o.gif

I thought Armie was absolutely spot on. The role of a rich, privileged, twisted a$$hole fits him like a glove. He is almost too prefect for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"