Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, listen as someone who ignotantly ignored all the warning signs of JL (Joss whedon reshoots, firing Junkie for Elfman, Henry's moustache, cutting the runtime to 2 hrs) I totally get the skepticism. DC's struck out on earning faith on the movie side.

Granted, with this movie, prinicipal photography hasnt finished yet. Also, if im correct, didnt Man of Steel used to have a 2012 release date originally?

Nice to see you guys arent melting down over the WW84 news, btw.
There's nothing to get up in arms about, really. The whole production seems to be going smoothly and the move seems to be inline with a good business sense.

As opposed to something, like Dark Phoenix, where the outlook isn't the same. Due to the many variables at play there.

I don’t really have any attachment to WW84, so it’s whatever to me, but at this point it’s just not surprising when any DC project gets moved back for just about any reason. Not saying the movie is gonna suck or anything, because I trust Patty Jenkins to get it right.

As long as Aquaman and Captain Marvel both come out on time, I will be happy.

Nice to see you guys arent melting down over the WW84 news, btw.

I was frankly surprised to see so many people on other parts of the web were so mad about it. Brand loyalty is one thing but do they seriously not know how popular Frozen is?

It remains my favorite version of his origin, despite the whole "he knew Lex since childhood" element that felt shoehorned in due to Smallville's popularity at the time. But yeah, outside of that, I think it's a near-perfect template.

I have to echo this.

I don't like the new forum's format of posting images in full size instead of resizing them to a default size that don't take over the whole screen. But yea, I really like these manips:
5c01fx919yt11.jpg
fz3rhxx9wwt11.png

Hey man, listen as someone who ignotantly ignored all the warning signs of JL (Joss whedon reshoots, firing Junkie for Elfman, Henry's moustache, cutting the runtime to 2 hrs) I totally get the skepticism. DC's struck out on earning faith on the movie side.

Granted, with this movie, prinicipal photography hasnt finished yet. Also, if im correct, didnt Man of Steel used to have a 2012 release date originally?
It was the runtime cut where I knew for sure something bad was happening. :csad:

They should, but bonus for higher ups was more important tho. :p

DqKL7lfVYAAbosm

DqKL8YvUwAIhx-K

---
dll1rj8h2uz01.png
I hope their bonuses are tied in to the grosses of future JL films. :yay:

I don't like the new forum's format of posting images in full size instead of resizing them to a default size that don't take over the whole screen. But yea, I really like these manips:
5c01fx919yt11.jpg
fz3rhxx9wwt11.png
A shame Brenton won’t be the Dick Grayson we see in the movies, he’s pretty good so far.

It was the runtime cut where I knew for sure something bad was happening. :csad:

Yup, there were a number of red flags, but the run time announcement was when I became first, very concerned, then numb. That's when I realized that any of the talk from Charles Roven or others from WB that Joss would be following Snyder's vision or that they were giving this movie their best shot had been b.s. Any hopes that I had that this movie still might be good died that day.

It's interesting to me to see how many in the media were putting out tweets like, "I've never seen so many people complain about a run time with a movie. What are we going to complain about next?" Or, "'X' movie was 2 hours long and that was fine" (Star Wars often cited as an example).

They just couldn't see what it meant, why people were concerned/upset.

Yup, there were a number of red flags, but the run time announcement was when I became first, very concerned, then numb. That's when I realized that any of the talk from Charles Roven or others from WB that Joss would be following Snyder's vision or that they were giving this movie their best shot had been b.s. Any hopes that I had that this movie still might be good died that day.

It's interesting to me to see how many in the media were putting out tweets like, "I've never seen so many people complain about a run time with a movie. What are we going to complain about next?" Or, "'X' movie was 2 hours long and that was fine" (Star Wars often cited as an example).

They just couldn't see what it meant, why people were concerned/upset.
I've been in that boat a number of times since I joined the Hype and every time there was a late runtime cut the same thing happened. So I'm a bit scarred by all that and there's no way anyone will be able to convince me that when that happens so late on it isn't a very bad sign.

A shame Brenton won’t be the Dick Grayson we see in the movies, he’s pretty good so far.

I'm trying to think who I'd like to see play Robin if Reeves ends up using the character.

Anyone seen SkullDevil lately?

Weird. I was gonna ask the same thing early this morning. Like a few other regulars, he hasn't been seen around here since the software migration.

This is a pretty cool pic of Hoech-El with what appears to be the "Book of Rao."

tyler-hoechlin-october-2018-01.jpg

Watching the New Frontier animated movie. DC needs to just emvrace this Elseworlds approach thats been a foundation of their publishing history and juat make this a live action movie. A way to "redo" Justice League but...in the 50s.

But who am I kidding, no one besides us message board geeks would like the idea.

Watching the New Frontier animated movie. DC needs to just emvrace this Elseworlds approach thats been a foundation of their publishing history and juat make this a live action movie. A way to "redo" Justice League but...in the 50s.

But who am I kidding, no one besides us message board geeks would like the idea.
That’s what I’ve been pulling for and mentioned on here many times.

Would be a great way to do a shared Universe as well as bringing something unique to the table.

i enjoyed the animated movie - but the comic book was even better.
i like how the focus was mainly on hal jordan, martian manhunter, and the flash.

I think New Frontier would work better as a limited series on Netflix or Amazon, kind of like Man in the High Castle.

i enjoyed the animated movie - but the comic book was even better.
i like how the focus was mainly on hal jordan, martian manhunter, and the flash.

Yeah, the producers behind the film sugarcoated or downright omitted too many of the more topical plot threads from the book. As a result, it felt kinda hollow to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"