Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the producers behind the film sugarcoated or downright omitted too many of the more topical plot threads from the book. As a result, it felt kinda hollow to me.
After the high I got from reading the book, the film was one of the biggest disappointments I'd ever seen. Humongous waste.

They should adopt the method they eventually took on with TDKR and DoS, which is to split the story. They seem to have some strangely specific runtime restriction with each individual movie, so this seems like the only move to circumvent that and properly adapt these epics out from the pages.

After the high I got from reading the book, the film was one of the biggest disappointments I'd ever seen. Humongous waste.

They should adopt the method they eventually took on with TDKR and DoS, which is to split the story. They seem to have some strangely specific runtime restriction with each individual movie, so this seems like the only move to circumvent that and properly adapt these epics out from the pages.

Wholly agree.

The New frontier book is one of DC's best work, period. In fact the New Frontier version of Batman vs Superman is my favorite battle between the two.

Yeah, the producers behind the film sugarcoated or downright omitted too many of the more topical plot threads from the book. As a result, it felt kinda hollow to me.

yea i still felt it was a good adaptation - it's very difficult to adapt the whole thing into a 2 hour film. there was so many subplots and sub-threads in the original comic.
but yes, it did definitely feel like it was missing something that comic had.

darwyn cooke man...he is greatly missed.

The New frontier book is one of DC's best work, period. In fact the New Frontier version of Batman vs Superman is my favorite battle between the two.

i need to find that issue - i have an edition of the comic that is missing these extra side stories that cooke wrote.

yea i still felt it was a good adaptation - it's very difficult to adapt the whole thing into a 2 hour film. there was so many subplots and sub-threads in the original comic.
but yes, it did definitely feel like it was missing something that comic had.

darwyn cooke man...he is greatly missed.
Timm has said on many occasions that they should've made it a two-part film like TDKR.

I'm trying to think who I'd like to see play Robin if Reeves ends up using the character.
also, which robin would they use?

if its a yonger batman one would think its gonna be dick, but who knows. I really hope the batfamily is an important element in these films, if not the most important element.

The focus on the former two is basically the reason I love that story so much.
Yeah, that's still one of Hal's finest portrayals. His characterization was amazing in that story and they didn't just portray him as the League's maverick. Geoff Johns based his Hal very much on that version. MM was great too.

i need to find that issue - i have an edition of the comic that is missing these extra side stories that cooke wrote.

I'll need to make a note of that myself, as I don't recall any such battle taking place in my edition either.

I remember being really disappointed that the subplot about John Henry was reduced to a mere footnote. It was such a great way for Cooke to show the dark side of a period in American history that tends to be eulogized as a "simpler, better" time.

tumblr_osy33rbpI41tbbb5xo1_540.png

tumblr_osy33rbpI41tbbb5xo2_540.png

tumblr_osy33rbpI41tbbb5xo4_540.png

tumblr_osy33rbpI41tbbb5xo3_640.png

Last edited:

Try another one of Darwyn Cooke's DC books-- Trinity. It's really good and it's a book I have read multiple times.

Wait and see time. Can only hope.

Folks why do we still take to heart what these "scoopers" are saying? Most times it's little more than clickbait nonsense. Not saying they're completely unreliable but people seem to put way too much stock into what they're saying.

Folks why do we still take to heart what these "scoopers" are saying? Most times it's little more than clickbait nonsense. Not saying they're completely unreliable but people seem to put way too much stock into what they're saying.
More like “pooper scoopers” if you ask me!

They're scoopers but three biggies of them (who at least got something right in the past) DanielRPK, ManaByte, and TheComixKid teased a news about Superman at the same time and said major trade possibly would break it.

So, get salt shaker ready and just see if an actual major trade would do it.

They said not sure if Henry would come back though.

Didn't most (if not all) of them post good vibes/feelings about Supes, and then a few weeks later Cavill was reported to be booted? I don't know how reliable they can be on this project. Especially one that doesn't seem to be moving at all.

... of the character, or Henry Cavill playing the character? Two different things.

Could be Cavill is playing him. Could be another actor is playing him. Could be a greenlight for Hoechlin's Superman. Could be a video game announcement. Hopefully it's the first one.

That reminds me, whatever happened to that one guy who wrote that he was sitting on a huge (once every couple of years type) rumor/story but was just waiting for further confirmation.

Last edited:
Saw someone mention that SHAZAM! was about to reshoots. Maybe they worked out a deal for a Cavil cameo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"