Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alfred does seems like he really needs to get some.

Does he ever got any romantic interests in the comics?

Yes. It even turns out that he has a daughter, who becomes a supporting character at one point.

449bcb2b2fe464b5a118623c764da77a--batman-family-gotham-city.jpg

Oh good, the dude deserves a less Wayne centred life, and Bats got a sort of sis.

Thats all kinds of messed up.

I'll guess I'll go see Venom then.

Venom a better movie than First Man confirmed.

I’m really excited to see how Lindelof continues the watchmen story

Yes, we all know JL was a bomb. We don't have to remind ourselves literally every time some other CBM outgrosses it.

I'm happy Sony got a win with this one despite all the nerd hate they got from the moment the project was announced. Even I threw my fair share of shade. Still, I couldn't help but smile during this ridiculous movie and can't wait for the sequel.

Venom a better movie than First Man confirmed.

I saw Venom twice, I have no interest in FM, honestly. Venom may not be good but it sure is fun whears even friends of mine who love Gosling are underwhelmed with the latter

At this point outgrossing JL is hardly a difficult task for any superhero movie. I was actually disappointed that Ready Player One didn't outgross it too, though that was probably because WB got greedy and moved Rampage up.

EDIT

Last edited:
@MbJ lol I promise I'm not trying to police you, but you're gonna wanna edit that post. Definitely adorable though.

Thats all kinds of messed up.

I'll guess I'll go see Venom then.

Venom's not a good film by any stretch of the imagination. That said, seeing so many armchair experts and detractors fumble over themselves to make sense of its success has been amusing. "I'm predicting a massive drop in week 2!" Ahem... nope.

Cover to The Green Lantern #3. Yes folks, this is Hal Jordan yelling at "God". Grant Morrison is doing weird and wonderful things.

DplU67IXcAAcaZr.jpg

Flash Standalone Movie Pushes Start Date, Eyes 2021 Release (EXCLUSIVE)

Warner Bros. is pushing back the start of filming on the studio’s still untitled standalone Flash film, sources tell Variety. The film never received a formal greenlight nor did it have a set release date, but it had been expected to begin shooting in March. However, a script is still being tweaked and the studio thinks that it won’t enough time to get the script in shape in order for the film to make its original start date.

That’s a problem, because Ezra Miller, the live-wire performer tasked with playing the Flash, also has a key supporting role in “Fantastic Beasts,” the “Harry Potter” spin-off series. The third film in the franchise begins shooting in July, which would cause scheduling headaches. The standalone Flash film is now expected to commence production in late 2019. That likely means the superhero adventure won’t debut in theaters until some time in 2021.

The Flash movie has had a long gestation. Last January, Warner Bros. signed “Spider-Man: Homecoming” scribes John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein to direct the film. They replaced “Dope” director Rick Famuyiwa, who left the film in 2016 over creative differences. His exit put the picture in limbo until a new filmmaker could be found.

Following the box office disappointment of “Justice League,” Warner Bros. has been reevaluating its approach to making movies based on DC Comics characters. The studio is not moving forward with Batman and Superman movies featuring Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, respectively. It is expected to recast the Dark Knight with a different actor. The studio will be fielding a number of superhero adventures in the coming months and years. It is releasing “Aquaman” this December, and next year will bring a “Wonder Woman” sequel. The studio also has a “Suicide Squad” follow-up and a Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix waiting on deck.
Don't know how long we're going to go in circles with this "is he or isn't he" thing, but I guess that's just one more [significant] tally for the "not" column.

Do you love Batman? Well if you love him, you clearly love Alfred, right? Do you want to see a Batman TV show? How about a show BEFORE Batman! In fact, a show before Bruce Wayne was even born! Before Thomas even met Martha!

P E N N Y W O R T H

This made me laugh!

You know, I gotta admit, theres a certain pleasure in seeing a film like Venom so defiantly stick it to the critics and prove that they are in fact not the end all be all of a film's success. Audiences are saying "idgaf what Rotten Tomatoes says, me and my family had a good time with this movie and we're gonna see it again." And I think sometimes critics and we fanboys and girls like us get so caught up in dissecting films and using this metric of "good" ness to measure these things that we forget that are movies that are just simply a lot of fun and not much else and thats ok.

A couple of weeks ago I watched Face Off for the first time in at least a decade and I had an absolute blast with it. I'd put it on my top 10 of things ive watched this year. Is it a "good" movie? Probably not but holeeee cow was it an exhilerating 2 hours. I gave it a 10/10.

We experienced that with SS too. Huge even without China.
But medias, internet and BTS stuff are wild.

So happy for Venom too. :D
I could heard Sony released a relieved breath audibly.
And another movie that Tom Hardy said something unenthusiastic about it and get happy ending (Mad Max too, I think he a bit disappointed that Max role isn't as big as Furiosa's if I remembered correctly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"