Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 89

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol this shill is having a mental breakdown. Sounding Snyder stanish

Boy this Sony/Disney Spiderman thing... hoo boy. Didnt see that coming.

If Sony doesn't think that being a part of the MCU was a HUGE boost to those sales, they have another think coming. Take out Tony Stark and all Avengers references in the first movie (as well as coming off of Civil War). Take out the fact that Far From Home is the first MCU movie following Endgame, all of that is going to majorly boost sales.

Personally, I think Homecoming was just okay at best (haven't seen FFH yet), and the only reason I would be interested in seeing these movies is because they are a part of the MCU. On its own, Homecoming would have been far less interesting.

The only chance Sony has to make this end well is by somehow playing Spidey off of Hardy's Venom and other similar outlandish characters in a way that surprisingly works. But I think Venom and its tone caught the audience off guard. Not so sure it will keep working.

So, Sony,

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Baller move by Sony. TIs' like stabbing Caesar in the back. Have the mouse built up the character and then wait for the right time, snatch him away.

All they gotta do is hire the same director and writer again, follow the same lame formula and cash in again.

5M2Qb4o.gif

Last edited:
The foundation which you are talking about is gone. RDJ and Evan's are gone. The foundation which you are talking about is gone. RDJ and Evan's are gone. You can't use Hulk in solo movies. All they have is Thor.

People didn't to go see movies like Guardians of the Galaxy or Doctor Strange because they were hoping RDJ would have a cameo. Black Panther didn't make 1.3 billion because people were hoping Captain America would show up in the third act. The Marvel brand is pretty much a license to print money now and they know how to tie stuff together to get people to see even their lesser known characters.

lol this shill is having a mental breakdown. Sounding Snyder stanish

This is embarrassing.

The thing is, if SONY makes a Spider-Man movie that makes say, $700 million, it's probably a better deal and risk for SONY than hoping they can make one with Marvel that makes like 1.5 billion to keep similar profit margins. Smart money says that's just probably not going to go on happening forever, and SONY is thinking long term.

Hilarious memes aside, the one sided SONY bashing over this is silly. They bought the rights, and they're not obligated to give them up or to license them without a premium of some kind.

People keep saying SONY needs the MCU more than the MCU needs Spider-Man. It's more that SONY needs the money Spider-Man as a franchise brings in, period. Marvel trying to cut into that significantly without some offer to share revenue from MCU films, etc, would be a non-starter in any negotiation.

People didn't to go see movies like Guardians of the Galaxy or Doctor Strange because they were hoping RDJ would have a cameo. Black Panther didn't make 1.3 billion because people were hoping Captain America would show up in the third act. The Marvel brand is pretty much a license to print money now and they know how to tie stuff together to get people to see even their lesser known characters.

This is embarrassing.

It really is. Marvel wants 50%. What’s more: 50% of the profits of 1 billion film or 100% of the profits of 700 million? And who’s to say these films still won’t do 1 billion? Marvel tried to play hardball and it back fired terribly. Period.

Breh, I'm going to legit laugh if they go a different route and we see Hardy and Leto show up in his movies. Man, I just want Woody Harrelson to show up in that awful Molly Ringwald wig.

Tis' time for Feige to release them Sony leaks and make it look like NKorea did it.

:o

I've seen some people say this might be what this is, essentially. Making a big show for the news negotiation tactic. Since the news broke the sentiment has been overwhelmingly painting Sony as the bad guys even though it was Disney coming at them with ludicrous demands, and that's probably how the narrative is gonna continue.

It really is. Marvel wants 50%. What’s more: 50% of the profits of 1 billion film or 100% of the profits of 700 million? And who’s to say these films still won’t do 1 billion? Marvel tried to play hardball and it back fired terribly. Period.

But regardless of Marvel's brand power, a studio can't just bank on the movies making a billion dollars every time when assessing possible profits. That's not a good risk strategy.

At the same time, Marvel/Feige can just hold back and wait for Sony to screw up again. lol

In the meantime, they can get the Fantastic 4 fam going etc. Wait for the ex to call and then ghost her with 'who this?'' line.

:twisted:

This was expected after the Mouse delivered a billion dollar flick to Sony on the cheap and added dozens of popular characters to a connected universe with hugely successful heroes like Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Thor & Black Panther. Fan outrage and reboot risk - I can't see Holland happy with Spidey getting ousted from the MCU - will most likely end in a compromise agreement with Disney getting a bigger but less than 50% slice. I'm going with 25%.

But regardless of Marvel's brand power, a studio can't just bank on the movies making a billion dollars every time when assessing possible profits. That's not a good risk strategy.
No doubt. Which is why Sony walking away when marvel demanded 50% versus 5% was smart.

This was expected after the Mouse delivered a billion dollar flick to Sony on the cheap and added dozens of popular characters to a connected universe with hugely successful heroes like Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Thor & Black Panther. Fan outrage and reboot risk - I can't see Holland happy with Spidey getting ousted from the MCU - will most likely end in a compromise agreement with Disney getting a bigger but less than 50% slice. I'm going with 25%.
Which would be well worth it as well if it gets Venom into the MCU!

Which would be well worth it as well if it gets Venom into the MCU!

I could see Venom and Morbius getting the Marvel Television treatment as part of a compromise deal. The Sony spinoffs can mention activities taking place in the MCU and tease crossovers that will never happen.

I could see Venom and Morbius getting the Marvel Television treatment as part of a compromise deal. The Sony spinoffs can mention activities taking place in the MCU and tease crossovers that will never happen.
Nah those characters won’t be on tv. I doubt Morbius gets sequels, but could appear in other movies.

This is embarrassing.
No most people saw those movies because Marvel's marketing is genius. They market all their movies along the lines of that you have to see this movie in order to understand what happens in Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"