Justice League Lounge of Justice - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I know but that doesn't change the fact that music is about the feeling it conveys to the listener. The "skill" required to make it is irrelevant.

The skill is what allows conveying feelings to the listener. It's no coincidence composers more and more often resort to using these stupendously huge orchestras, loud drums and fast ticky tocky high frequency sounds, because that's instant rush of emotions, no skill required. Baaang, boom, boom, an assault on ear drums. It's a biological short cut to grab your attention.

Some 40 years ago, composers used various interesting harmonies (there's like bazillion combinations of tones you can make and every one brings some different feel), clever orchestration and development. Now? Loud drums, loud brass playing octaves or minor chords (because surprise, it takes skill to use complex harmonies for a longer period of time and not sound like you're pulling a cat's tail), endless repetitions of spicc strings that go nowhere. Did I just hear a woodwind instrument there? How did that happen?

Not to mention the ability to work with music to tell a story. The force theme in Star Wars changes for so many times, the melody, the orchestration, etc., to reflect every particular scene. Zimmer's Batman theme does not change during the whole TDK trilogy just one bit. To put things into perspective.

Last edited:
Can we change nicknames? I'm so bored with this Consona bulls**t.

That's so lame. If anything Zimmer is bringing movie score enthusiasm to a broader public. I've seen him live a few times and his shows were packed.

Lol Hans' work is the reason I started sitting in cinema till the end credit, before all the bonus scene crap.

Yeah I wanna change my user name too

From here on out I shall know be known as Ken Fresno

The skill is what allows conveying feelings to the listener. It's no coincidence composers more and more often resort to using these stupendously huge orchestras, loud drums and fast ticky tocky high frequency sounds, because that's instant rush of emotions, no skill required. Baaang, boom, boom, an assault on ear drums. It's a biological short cut to grab your attention.

Some 40 years ago, composers used various interesting harmonies (there's like bazillion combinations of tones you can make and every one brings some different feel), clever orchestration and development. Now? Loud drums, loud brass playing octaves or minor chords (because surprise, it takes skill to use complex harmonies for a longer period of time and not sound like you're pulling a cat's tail), endless repetitions of spicc strings that go nowhere. Did I just hear a woodwind instrument there? How did that happen?

Not to mention the ability to work with music to tell a story. The force theme in Star Wars changes for so many times, the melody, the orchestration, etc., to reflect every particular scene. Zimmer's Batman theme does not change during the whole TDK trilogy just one bit. To put things into perspective.

I get where you're coming from, I really do. But here's the thing: that's what you enjoy in music. It doesn't have to be for everyone. It's the same with pop music these days. I have a friend who is about to release her first single, and the song when she first wrote it was much more complex than it ended up after she worked with it with her producer. It became simpler and, in ways, easier to digest. And that's okay.

Same with movie scores, the trend now is what it is, but it sounds good so what's the harm done?

Can we change nicknames? I'm so bored with this Consona bulls**t.

I'm sure there is something in the Tech thread that tells you how to enable it to happen.

Might do it myself actually.

You guys can't change your names! I've gotten too used to them already! I hate change dammit.

Yeah I think you need to contact the mod. This board is so retro :funny: The most vintage bit is the signature/avatar sizes restrictions, it's like the 90's here but not in a good way :D

I have a few friends who are very into movie and game scores and they keep telling me Zimmer is too "mainstream" and whatnot, I don't care.
What is too mainstream? And why should that be a complaint?

Yeah I think you need to contact the mod. This board is so retro :funny: The most vintage bit is the signature/avatar sizes restrictions, it's like the 90's here but not in a good way :D

Its so 90's, it's like that episode of Friends when Chandler meets Janice on-line again in Series 2 and internet dating and emails are 'all new'.

You guys can't change your names! I've gotten too used to them already! I hate change dammit.

Okay Marky, just for you, I'll stay as MK, I won't put Jim into my name under any circumstances, I promise. :cwink:

I would question the 666 part, but I know better. :o

Okay Marky, just for you, I'll stay as MK, I won't put Jim into my name under any circumstances, I promise. :cwink:

giphy.gif

Fully intent on becoming what I always knew I was, deep down

Time to let my inner Ken Fresno out once and for all

Let's face it I should be "JasonsGirl666"

That or Norma Jean Harle...

Speaking of Norma, someone actually had enough time on his hands to write an opinion piece about the infamous "turd in the wind" line from your beloved Venom trailer. For fook sake! Is the asteroid here yet??

So David Ayer recently met with Paul Dini... oh no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"