Lounge 78

Did chickens stop growing wings or something because I can't find them anymore.....

it is december. why are there still mosquitoes out? :argh:

just finished raking my backyard. taking a lunch break. it's beautiful out so i want to cut the front yard one more time until spring and edge the front yard. feels good to get some activity in

just finished raking my backyard. taking a lunch break. it's beautiful out so i want to cut the front yard one more time until spring and edge the front yard. feels good to get some activity in

I guess there are mosquitos because they like beautiful weather too.

I wish mosquitos would stop growing wings instead of chickens.

im not aware of another chicken wing shortage but it could just be a delay in shipping from Tyson? or whoever your buying from. i know they missed a delivery for us recently

The news said it might hit 80 degrees in Texas today. :eek: In December!

im not aware of another chicken wing shortage but it could just be a delay in shipping from Tyson? or whoever your buying from. i know they missed a delivery for us recently
It's been about a month and a half.....or maybe more? I prolly could have walked them here by now.

A close friend of mine passed away (cancer) earlier this year. Another friend of mine just sent me a picture of us talking at a happy hour at UC Santa Cruz. That's the beer line behind us and it makes me wonder why we weren't in it. :funny:

It brought up feelings (happiness and sadness) and it's kind of hard to wrap my head around the fact that I'll never be able to talk to him or see him again. That's him on the left. Dude had some hair. Huh? He was a really talented guy. Artist, art critic, art historian, political theorist, musician, etc. Some of his work is exhibited at the Chicano Research and Study Center at UCLA. Still miss you my brother.

View attachment 51109

Care to share your curly hair routine? From one curly to another.

Care to share your curly hair routine? From one curly to another.

Wash hair. Towel dry as possible. Shake head vigorously. Let dry.

I can get a comb and brush through it now so it's wash, condition, towel dry, and brush.

People with "some" money always astound me.

Cleaning up some more piss and **** tonight and these people laying a deuce in public get mad at me calling them out.

For those that need to hear it out there in Internet land, if you are out late and see a building with a big bright glass encassed lobby with a person at the desk that can easily be seen from the street... Chances are if you decide to take a piss or a **** there in the doorway you'll piss off the person you see sitting at the desk. This is not rocket science.

Cleaning up some more piss and **** tonight and these people laying a deuce in public get mad at me calling them out.

For those that need to hear it out there in Internet land, if you are out late and see a building with a big bright glass encassed lobby with a person at the desk that can easily be seen from the street... Chances are if you decide to take a piss or a **** there in the doorway you'll piss off the person you see sitting at the desk. This is not rocket science.

I am sorry this (repeatedly?) happened to you. But it also makes me think that "Stubborn Dookie" would have been a good name for a pop-punk band in the 90s. I was gonna go with "Indignant Dookie", but I thought it was too wordy.

Is this a New York thing?

I am sorry this (repeatedly?) happened to you. But it also makes me think that "Stubborn Dookie" would have been a good name for a pop-punk band in the 90s. I was gonna go with "Indignant Dookie", but I thought it was too wordy.

Is this a New York thing?

I think it's a "two doors down from a place that sells alcohol and is open to the wee hours of the morning" thing regardless of geography.

I think it's a "two doors down from a place that sells alcohol and is open to the wee hours of the morning" thing regardless of geography.
I know it sounds ridiculous, but maybe they could offer a "bathroom for customers" thing......

i thought using the bathroom in public like that was illegal or something?

Cept they weren't using a bathroom. Yeah. It's illegal, but catching someone is another matter. I don't think we want to see @KRYPTON INC. chasing someone down the street to effect a citizen's arrest.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but maybe they could offer a "bathroom for customers" thing......

They have facilities, and there's is a perfectly fine alley on the same block they could walk to but instead they decide to drop trou (Or skirts for the ladies) right at the front door... A GIANT CLEAR GLASS DOOR.

There has been a club on this block since I started this job. It was originally a lace called Pravda, which never gave me a tenth of the issues the club, now called Gospel, does with everything from people roaming around our sub basement because there is a shared entrance where people can get into our stairs and apartment back doors up to the aforementioned public defecation and urination at the front door.

As for cops?

They have decided to be useless to the public. No matter what you are hearing about NYC these days let me make this clear... After the summer of 2020 the NYPD is basically doing the absolute bare minimum. Their response to calls are often total nonsense about how they don't actually have arrest powers any more because of a nebulous threat from "The mayor/ City Council". I already told you all about my mugging/attack but in that same month over two weeks I learned of my friend Pete having a car nearly slam into his home in Queens from a drunk driver that had been chased from the highway by cops... And when police arrived they let the driver go and gavevmy friend the whole "Mayor/City council" spiel. While waiting on line at a phamarcy mart down the block a freaking family decides to go nuts. Long story short the six foot eight manager had to get involved. I shopped the for years. I ask him if they were gonna call the cops and he said it was no use any more. They come and say they can't or won't do anything. I had to call police to remove guys after my mugging... Guess what they did? After twenty years of having the cops on speed dial suddenly they arrive and can't do anything despite me calling them regularly for issues involving everything from drunks, homeless, the crazed or people seeking shelter from an attackers or romantically aggressive fellow bar hoppers. Now, can't do anything cuz "Our hands are tied by the Mayor and the City Council".

Which was EXACTLY the line they gave me after my attack.

In so many words the NYPD is saying to the population of New York City that unless we call off all efforts at accountability they are quite happy to let crime fester and citizens get hurt or worse. The crime increases in NYC and dare I say it, nation wide, are artificial, caused by cops pulling back to the point there is no law on the streets or in the subways or public transit. It is 1977 out there. At the height of lockdown I didn't feel this unsafe in the city. But crime is an ecosystem. It didn't take the petty thieves, the mugger class and the just plain old mentally unwell long to figure out the city was open season.

Cept they weren't using a bathroom. Yeah. It's illegal, but catching someone is another matter. I don't think we want to see @KRYPTON INC. chasing someone down the street to effect a citizen's arrest.

Or... Do you?

They have facilities, and there's is a perfectly fine alley on the same block they could walk to but instead they decide to drop trou (Or skirts for the ladies) right at the front door... A GIANT CLEAR GLASS DOOR.

There has been a club on this block since I started this job. It was originally a lace called Pravda, which never gave me a tenth of the issues the club, now called Gospel, does with everything from people roaming around our sub basement because there is a shared entrance where people can get into our stairs and apartment back doors up to the aforementioned public defecation and urination at the front door.

As for cops?

They have decided to be useless to the public. No matter what you are hearing about NYC these days let me make this clear... After the summer of 2020 the NYPD is basically doing the absolute bare minimum. Their response to calls are often total nonsense about how they don't actually have arrest powers any more because of a nebulous threat from "The mayor/ City Council". I already told you all about my mugging/attack but in that same month over two weeks I learned of my friend Pete having a car nearly slam into his home in Queens from a drunk driver that had been chased from the highway by cops... And when police arrived they let the driver go and gavevmy friend the whole "Mayor/City council" spiel. While waiting on line at a phamarcy mart down the block a freaking family decides to go nuts. Long story short the six foot eight manager had to get involved. I shopped the for years. I ask him if they were gonna call the cops and he said it was no use any more. They come and say they can't or won't do anything. I had to call police to remove guys after my mugging... Guess what they did? After twenty years of having the cops on speed dial suddenly they arrive and can't do anything despite me calling them regularly for issues involving everything from drunks, homeless, the crazed or people seeking shelter from an attackers or romantically aggressive fellow bar hoppers. Now, can't do anything cuz "Our hands are tied by the Mayor and the City Council".

Which was EXACTLY the line they gave me after my attack.

In so many words the NYPD is saying to the population of New York City that unless we call off all efforts at accountability they are quite happy to let crime fester and citizens get hurt or worse. The crime increases in NYC and dare I say it, nation wide, are artificial, caused by cops pulling back to the point there is no law on the streets or in the subways or public transit. It is 1977 out there. At the height of lockdown I didn't feel this unsafe in the city. But crime is an ecosystem. It didn't take the petty thieves, the mugger class and the just plain old mentally unwell long to figure out the city was open season.

Or... Do you?
Nope.

What if I wore this?

5tXUpb5.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985