Lounge 78

What if I wore this?

5tXUpb5.gif
Maybe

TBH, I was thinking more along the lines of something like this.

giphy.gif

TBH, I was thinking more along the lines of something like this.

giphy.gif

Cali... You had the chance to use Bozo The Clown and blanched?

I thought you were made of sterner stuff.

Somehow Howdy Doody seemed more appropriate.
As a metaphor to how I'm actually a counterrevolutionary whose "strings" are pulled by the oligarchs in power?

(Not to self... Cali knows too much...)

As a metaphor to how I'm actually a counterrevolutionary whose "strings" are pulled by the oligarchs in power?

(Not to self... Cali knows too much...)

So, Big Piss has gotten to you? How can you just stand there while the thing you once swore to fight showers all over you?

People usually have to pay for that.

In non-piss related news, I had to go to the hospital today because of a severe asthma attack. I haven't had one in 8 years, but I was shampooing my living room carpet and all of a sudden I couldn't breathe. So, I stumbled out of my apartment, waited for the bus, and rode to the hospital while gasping for air. I'm pretty sure I made everyone I came across intensely uncomfortable. If I was capable of it, I should have put a note on my chest that said "It's Not Covid".

In my rush, I left without a sweater and a belt, so I was freezing while my pants kept sliding down. I would say I've never looked more like a madman than I did while walking bowlegged from the bus stop while breathing haggardly, but that's probably not true.

In non-piss related news, I had to go to the hospital today because of a severe asthma attack. I haven't had one in 8 years, but I was shampooing my living room carpet and all of a sudden I couldn't breathe. So, I stumbled out of my apartment, waited for the bus, and rode to the hospital while gasping for air. I'm pretty sure I made everyone I came across intensely uncomfortable. If I was capable of it, I should have put a note on my chest that said "It's Not Covid".

In my rush, I left without a sweater and a belt, so I was freezing while my pants kept sliding down. I would say I've never looked more like a madman than I did while walking bowlegged from the bus stop while breathing haggardly, but that's probably not true.

At least you know what it was and it wasn't Covid.

Also, yay Canadian health care.

The news said it might hit 80 degrees in Texas today. :eek: In December!
Nearly hit that where I live yesterday. Where is the cold?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but maybe they could offer a "bathroom for customers" thing......
Public bathrooms used to be a thing everywhere in the country and then they weren't. They really should be again though the problem of people wrecking them and general ******* behavior means even when you have them they are constantly in need of cleaning and maintaining.

There are some in my area and they are nice bathrooms, but they can get nasty and vandalized because people who should know better just see it as a place to freely do whatever they want.

Another common refrain agaimst them is "but the homless will use them/live in them" nonsense which could be resolved by having you, know, actual places for them to stay that are warm/cool and safe instead of letting them fend for themselves.

FINISHED!!! Stayed up till 2:30am this morning finishing the border, and just now finished weaving in the final yarn tail. I’ll probably take a picture of all 3 blankets together later this afternoon. Now I just need to figure out how I want to gift them (try to fold/secure in a folded state somehow and wrap, put each in a box and wrap, or go the ‘find a really big gift bag’ route)

F2181C2E-BF64-46E8-9F55-E4343E8822E0.jpeg

And having done this...the other week I decided to throw a blanket (same pattern) for my grandma together for her Christmas present. That one I won’t feel as under a time crunch for even though we’re just a few weeks away. She’s living with us so I can do what I can and (if needed) present the work in progress to her Christmas morning letting her know I’m not done yet. This is the variegated yarn I’m doing for hers:
2951DC35-9906-443C-8252-AEFA183F9354.jpeg

Last edited:

Do you have a rescue inhaler? Do you shampoo your carpet often? Could it have been a chemical in the cleaner that triggered it? My daughter has asthma and not being able to breathe is a really scary feeling. Waiting for a bus doesn't seem like a great option, but I remember you saying you don't have a car.....driving while not breathing isn't that great of an option either.....depending on who's around I guess.

Do you have a rescue inhaler? Do you shampoo your carpet often? Could it have been a chemical in the cleaner that triggered it? My daughter has asthma and not being able to breathe is a really scary feeling. Waiting for a bus doesn't seem like a great option, but I remember you saying you don't have a car.....driving while not breathing isn't that great of an option either.....depending on who's around I guess.

The bus wasn't too bad. The route that runs to the hospital stops right in front of my building. It was about a 5 minute wait. I was in a hurry because I thought I might miss it and would have to wait another half hour. In the end it was still probably quicker than if I called someone and waited for them to pick me up.

It was probably less the cleaner, and more the cat hair that got tossed into the air because of the cleaner. I'm not allergic to cats, but the cleaner was throwing up a ton of **** that the vacuum seemed to miss. I didn't feel the effects until after I stopped cleaning and sat down. I figure that was when I started to really breathe it in. I don't have an inhaler, but the doctor gave me a prescription for one, so I'll have to get that filled.

Either way, I feel I'm justified in throwing the carpet cleaner through Walmart's window. Misdirected anger is all I know.

The bus wasn't too bad. The route that runs to the hospital stops right in front of my building. It was about a 5 minute wait. I was in a hurry because I thought I might miss it and would have to wait another half hour. In the end it was still probably quicker than if I called someone and waited for them to pick me up.

It was probably less the cleaner, and more the cat hair that got tossed into the air because of the cleaner. I'm not allergic to cats, but the cleaner was throwing up a ton of **** that the vacuum seemed to miss. I didn't feel the effects until after I stopped cleaning and sat down. I figure that was when I started to really breathe it in. I don't have an inhaler, but the doctor gave me a prescription for one, so I'll have to get that filled.

Either way, I feel I'm justified in throwing the carpet cleaner through Walmart's window. Misdirected anger is all I know.

:funny:

You might consider throwing the vacuum cleaner off a cliff so you can watch it shatter into a thousand pieces and get one with a HEPA filter. I have one of those for my daughter. You can find one for about $300........or maybe just let the rug get dirty. It doesn't sound like your asthma is super bad from your description, but I also have an air purifier for my daughter's room. Glad you are getting a rescue inhaler......that's not something you should be without, but make sure you keep it current.

Damn, that sucks. I’ve had asthma since a young age but never had an attack and it’s also been very mild since about age 18. Can’t imagine what attacks are really like, was already unpleasant enough struggling to breathe when ill.

As for throwing the carpet cleaner through Walmart’s window, this would be a recommended move. Also you should perform numerous chokeholds, elbow drops and roundhouses on the carpet cleaner container ahead of doing so. It is joint responsibility in this case of both Walmart and this carpet cleaner so make sure that none of the guilty parties manages to avoid censure/due punishment.

Hope you're feeling better after all that, lol.

FINISHED!!! Stayed up till 2:30am this morning finishing the border, and just now finished weaving in the final yarn tail. I’ll probably take a picture of all 3 blankets together later this afternoon. Now I just need to figure out how I want to gift them (try to fold/secure in a folded state somehow and wrap, put each in a box and wrap, or go the ‘find a really big gift bag’ route)

View attachment 51209

And having done this...the other week I decided to throw a blanket (same pattern) for my grandma together for her Christmas present. That one I won’t feel as under a time crunch for even though we’re just a few weeks away. She’s living with us so I can do what I can and (if needed) present the work in progress to her Christmas morning letting her know I’m not done yet. This is the variegated yarn I’m doing for hers:
View attachment 51210
All 3 together
0C7281E5-91BB-4CE4-933E-0489CB4AE9ED.jpeg

I love your posts about making these blankets. I know it's a labor of love. When I was little, I used to sit next to my mom on the couch when she made things like this. Nice memories.

Your posts rank second only to the poo poo and pee pee posts we've seen recently.

Poopy And Pee Pee lounge as next title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"