Lounge 78

Started to play Stray, the game you play as a cat. Only my cats are super, super interested in this new "cat" that they keep jumping up in front of my TV so I can't play without having to stop like every minute to remove one or both of them. I can only imagine if the other one were to see this new interloper.

Perhaps you have a bit of fear of novelty and a bit of Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

Started to play Stray, the game you play as a cat. Only my cats are super, super interested in this new "cat" that they keep jumping up in front of my TV so I can't play without having to stop like every minute to remove one or both of them. I can only imagine if the other one were to see this new interloper.
That's funny. My husband says he saw online where someone modded the game so that the stray looked like their own cat. Cool!

If a group of geese is called a gaggle....

Is a group of encyclopedias called a google?

If a group of geese is called a gaggle....

Is a group of encyclopedias called a google?
I'm confused by that group and am going to have to coogle that

I got a new computer. Mine crashed, but I don't have to use Voice Recognition anymore. I'm in the process of setting things up. I lost some files, but mostly had things backed up.

I got a new computer. Mine crashed, but I don't have to use Voice Recognition anymore. I'm in the process of setting things up. I lost some files, but mostly had things backed up.
It's a good thing you had things backed up. I've lost a few priceless gems by being stupid. :(

I had a panic attack at my workout session at the gym today, as I didn’t have my glasses and my vision was blurry, which has happened before when I’m not wearing them.

Anyway, didn’t finish my session as I was worried something was happening at first, and I feel really bad for the trainer as she thought she did something to upset me, but I reluctantly told her when she thought she did something wrong. She also did not want to leave me by myself due to what was happening, but I told her I was fine while waiting for my friend to pick me up. The trainer even called me to make sure I was okay.

Felt so embarrassed that it happened in a public area, my mental health is ruining my life, and I have to wait a month for my doctor as she is overbooked with patients,

It's a good thing you had things backed up. I've lost a few priceless gems by being stupid. :(
I lost some of my word docs (passwords) and excel spreadsheets and tax info, but I didn't really care that much. I can reconstruct those. I backed up all the important stuff (pictures and videos of my dogs LOL).

I lost some of my word docs (passwords) and excel spreadsheets and tax info, but I didn't really care that much. I can reconstruct those. I backed up all the important stuff (pictures and videos of my dogs LOL).
That's the important stuff anyways, lol.

@InCali what computer did you get?
I looked at some new MacBook Pro laptops, but decided to go with a used one and saved about $1000. I don't deal with large data and didn't really need the newer, faster processors. The place I got it from gave me a 1 year warranty on it and they do authorized Mac repairs so that seemed like a good deal. It has a 13 inch retina display, 250G of Flash storage so access is ultra quick, 16G DDR, and all the ports I need or use. I don't really use the display unless I'm away from home. I have an older 43" Visio TV that I have connected to the Thunderbolt port, but this one has an HDMI port too. I had the adapter already so I decided to use it.

Here's a picture of my setup. I have a camera/microphone on the top of the monitor and a speaker at the bottom of the screen for Zoom meetings. The screen even has your post on it. :cwink:

workstation.jpg

Last edited:
nice setup. i've always wanted a MAC but I can't justify the splurge. the PC i have right now is just fine

nice setup. i've always wanted a MAC but I can't justify the splurge. the PC i have right now is just fine
I got this one for under $400. It's fairly new (about 3 years old) and has obviously been well cared for. With a one year warranty, it was a pretty good deal. I've used just about every operating system and for my purposes, the Apple IOS is my favorite. Probably because I came out of the University of California and Apple has a big footprint there with students. They used to, and maybe still do, give students nice discounts and then when they graduate, they are familiar with it and push their employers to buy Macs. I've also used Linux, Unix, and Windows (off the top of my head) and they all have their upsides.

watching our local boys play Hawaii in the LLWS. we are currently up 10-2 :up:

I also use a wireless keyboard and mouse. Forgot to mention that. I hate wires unless the device can be confined to the workstation and or monitor itself. Then I’m OK with USB connections

I used to have wireless but went back to wired after too many issues with battery and signal strength. Though I have been considering going back to wireless again in the future.

I used to have wireless but went back to wired after too many issues with battery and signal strength. Though I have been considering going back to wireless again in the future.
If you mean the wireless keyboard and mouse, the USB receiver from the workstation needs line of sight and is pretty finicky about it and distance. I use a USB hub and keep it elevated. That seems to work pretty well. The keyboard and mouse don’t use much power so I change the batteries maybe every 5 to 6 months.

so i heard somewhere that AARP benefits younger people who join, not just older people. can anyone chime in on that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"