Loungin' in the Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could read them digitally if keeping them in top condition is your no.1 aim. But if you want to enjoy them as well as keep them in good condition just handle them with a lot of care and put them right back in their sleeves with backing boards as soon as done. If you read them multiple times over the years it will be very difficult to keep them in near mint condition but they will still look awesome after a few decades.

There was a lot more focus on the core X-Men back then. It's my favourite era for X-Men. I love a lot of stuff that came before but I didn't grow up with them and read them as they came out, just bought them all as back issues. Up till about 6/7 years ago my X-Men collection was pretty complete for main series (for Uncanny 86 & earlier they were reprints..I'm not that rich!).
Yeah, I have a few of those big black and white reprint editions for the early issues. I just wanted to read them, not collect them for profit.

Yeah, I have a few of those big black and white reprint editions for the early issues. I just wanted to read them, not collect them for profit.
I collected to collect as well as to have them available to reread at any time. Building up the collection and filling in the gaps for Uncanny took about 10 years and was a lot of fun.

I have some of those black & white editions also. I found them hard to read without colour but also to read the parts near the middle of the page as I didn't like totally breaking the spine in half (found that with a lot of graphic novels too). I actually tried to colour them in to see if I was any good (I wasn't). I can imagine the face of the person who buys them or inherits them from me not knowing and seeing a few pages with random colours totally outside the lines a few hundred pages in.

Oh I love those. Huge things happening in that series at the time while Joe Madureira regular on Uncanny. :cool:

yes, one of my fondest times reading was during the uncanny 330s- 360 ish, particulary the 340s up until the trial in 350

There was a lot more focus on the core X-Men back then. It's my favourite era for X-Men. I love a lot of stuff that came before but I didn't grow up with them and read them as they came out, just bought them all as back issues. Up till about 6/7 years ago my X-Men collection was pretty complete for main series (for Uncanny 86 & earlier they were reprints..I'm not that rich!).

:up:

yes, one of my fondest times reading was during the uncanny 330s- 360 ish, particulary the 340s up until the trial in 350
Awesome stuff. Loved the stories and artwork and it was consistently good for a fair while. Joe Mad is my favourite artist on X-Men although there are a lot who are close behind.

Awesome stuff. Loved the stories and artwork and it was consistently good for a fair while. Joe Mad is my favourite artist on X-Men although there are a lot who are close behind.

yeah he's still one of my faves. to this day i can still pick out his art just by looking at something lol

yeah he's still one of my faves. to this day i can still pick out his art just by looking at something lol
It's very distinctive but I think many don't like it due to not being classic style, partially manga influenced and with crazy proportions. He really makes every character look sharp and alive to me. I was so upset when he left. :csad:

You could read them digitally if keeping them in top condition is your no.1 aim. But if you want to enjoy them as well as keep them in good condition just handle them with a lot of care and put them right back in their sleeves with backing boards as soon as done. If you read them multiple times over the years it will be very difficult to keep them in near mint condition but they will still look awesome after a few decades.

never thought of reading digital, wow yeh, whenever i buy a new comic ill get digital version of it too

It's very distinctive but I think many don't like it due to not being classic style, partially manga influenced and with crazy proportions. He really makes every character look sharp and alive to me. I was so upset when he left. :csad:

those are the things i really like about his art, but ironically, i hate in others. like ramos, bachalo, etc.

never thought of reading digital, wow yeh, whenever i buy a new comic ill get digital version of it too

some of them come with digital copies, or you can get a streaming service like netflix, but for comics. i think marvels is called Marvel Unlimited.

i actually might have some digital copy codes for some comics somewhere in some old emails. if i do, you're welcome to have them

Your teacher grades your design work, assignments and portfolio...and not satisfied with it...I'm...

tumblr_n1hcx2I7dI1ql5yr7o2_250_zps3fe6484f.gif

...well...off to enjoy some Fruits Basket...

tumblr_lya08yDSER1qa3uel.gif

some of them come with digital copies, or you can get a streaming service like netflix, but for comics. i think marvels is called Marvel Unlimited.

i actually might have some digital copy codes for some comics somewhere in some old emails. if i do, you're welcome to have them
I always redeem my Marvel codes though I don't always read the digital copies. :)

That's cool. But if you're never going to sell or read your physical copies maybe you don't even need to own them? ;) I mean I have gone a decade without reading some of mine and digital is a lot more convenient but I know I will read them all again some day. Reading physical is quite a different experience and I love the smell of the old ones, especially the ones printed before I was born. :woot:

those are the things i really like about his art, but ironically, i hate in others. like ramos, bachalo, etc.
He's unique, no imitators get close. I wish I could have stuck him on Uncanny for life, and also that Uncanny would never end. Well it could end once I'm dead I guess. :yay:

I always redeem my Marvel codes though I don't always read the digital copies. :)

i think i have a download for some wolverine issues from when i preordered my tickets to see it

That's cool. But if you're never going to sell or read your physical copies maybe you don't even need to own them? ;) I mean I have gone a decade without reading some of mine and digital is a lot more convenient but I know I will read them all again some day. Reading physical is quite a different experience and I love the smell of the old ones, especially the ones printed before I was born. :woot:

He's unique, no imitators get close. I wish I could have stuck him on Uncanny for life, and also that Uncanny would never end. Well it could end once I'm dead I guess. :yay:
No i like having them physically, cause i hate reading online but maybe since i want them in great condition ill read them once and then if i want to read again ill read digital copy ;D

No i like having them physically, cause i hate reading online but maybe since i want them in great condition ill read them once and then if i want to read again ill read digital copy ;D

that would be a good idea

I think I may start hallucinating tonight without the aid of any kind of intoxicants. I have not been sleeping well these past 4 days and today I was up the whole day instead of sleeping in and now I got to hang here at the job for the next 8 hours. Seriously I did not even get like a power nap. I feel sick and sluggish and I really hope nothing happens at the job. It's Sunday so it should be quiet.

But do u have to buy the digital copy seperatley or is there a digital code in the book? if so where is it?

i think when its provided on the book it usually has its own sheet or is printed on title page

I think I may start hallucinating tonight without the aid of any kind of intoxicants. I have not been sleeping well these past 4 days and today I was up the whole day instead of sleeping in and now I got to hang here at the job for the next 8 hours. Seriously I did not even get like a power nap. I feel sick and sluggish and I really hope nothing happens at the job. It's Sunday so it should be quiet.

do you have some sick time you can take?

I could never get behind digital comics; ebooks I can understand, but comics? You need to appreciate art like that first-hand, not through a tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"