The Winter Soldier Love Interest for Captain America II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, even though I was against it at the beginning, I had very much warmed up to the idea of having a blonde-haired, American-accented Hayley Atwell playing the part. But what new actresses would I like for Sharon? There are plenty who could be good, imo.

For blondes:

-Sienna Miller
-Romola Garai
-Abbie Cornish
-Jennifer Lawrence (X-Men:FC is not in this universe, so I don't care if she's Mystique)
-Diane Kruger
-Yvonne Strahovski (a better Ms. Marvel candidate, imo, but could fit either. Move along, Majik. Nothing to see here. :cwink:)

If they're not looking for a blonde Sharon:

-Rose Byrne (Don't care if she's Moira. I wanted her character to have more scenes with Evans in Sunshine.)
-Emily Blunt
-Keira Knightley (mostly just because I'm intrigued by the thought of her in a superhero flick now that she's apparently been up for two, lol)
-And yeah, Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Not necessarily inspired, but still a good choice. I could believe her both as a kickass SHIELD agent AND as a relative of Haley Atwell's Peggy.

I'm sure there are others because, tbh, this should be a pretty easy role to cast compared to certain other female CBM roles, but those are just the ones who came to mind first. I basically just want someone who naturally has a certain level of toughness about them while seeming like a good match for Evans.

Felicity Jones, Imogen Poots, Anna Kendrick and Emelia Clarke are all actresses I'd love to see in a Marvel movie, and I'd be perfectly happy with any of them in this role...they just wouldn't have been on my personal list for this character at all. But then again, maybe this incarnation of Sharon Carter isn't gonna be what we're expecting, either. Based on those names, that seems like a real possibility.

Yvonne Strahovski has been my dream Sharon Carter pick for 5 years. The very first time I saw her on Chuck, I said "Oh My God, it's Sharon!"

Last edited:
Stravhoski works IMHO.

No to Sienna Miller. Bad enough she played Baroness.

Stravhoski works IMHO.

No to Sienna Miller. Bad enough she played Baroness.
What's wrong with Miller? I mean yeah, she was a horrible "villain" in the horrible movie that was G.I. Joe, but I thought she was really notably good in Factory Girl even though the movie sucked. It sounds like she's pretty good that new HBO movie The Girl, too. And she looks like Sharon Carter. I mean, I can understand her not being a top choice or anything, but I honestly don't get the repulsion.

Last edited:
On another note, I just saw Smashed, and damn, MEW was awesome. I'm totally rooting for her to get the role, if only because she really deserves a Hollywood breakout right about now, imo.

Of course it helps that, aside from the hair color, I still think she's a good fit for Sharon.

I'll have to see Smashed, considering how many rave reviews MEW is getting for it. Maybe it'll be the role that will change my mind?

I'll have to see Smashed, considering how many rave reviews MEW is getting for it. Maybe it'll be the role that will change my mind?
It's certainly possible. I've been pretty neutral about her over the years. I was never necessarily against her for MJ, just not really getting why she was such a fan-fave for it these last few years outside of a photoshoot in which she looked like her. And while I don't think Smashed sells her as a great MJ candidate at all, it does sell her as a pretty great actress, and I think if she's gonna cross over into the mainstream with a CBM role, Sharon Carter seems a like better fit for her than MJ anyway.

In the meantime, I played around in photoshop, and with the right cosmetics team, she can pull off the look of Sharon quite well.
MEWSC.jpg

Nice manip as always, Majik! The blonde hair suits her much better than I thought it would. But even if they did change her look to get closer to Sharon's look from the comics, I would hope they'd leave the eyes alone. I always find color-contacts horribly distracting.

The bad contacts I agree with, but sometimes it looks fine/not noticeable to me. But for the blonde with brown eyes.
MEWSCeyes.jpg

You know I wasn't so hot abut MEW so far. Still am not, but this looks seriously good.

In the meantime, I played around in photoshop, and with the right cosmetics team, she can pull off the look of Sharon quite well.
MEWSC.jpg

His love interest will be Ashley Johnson, she's seen in the opening of the alien attack and he rescues her, she tells the reporter at the end of the movie that he saved her.

Sorry, I'm late to the party here but Yes!! I've been thinking that since I first saw her in Avengers. She's adorable! And she'd be so cute with Cap. She should at the very least run into him somewhere, then give him a BIG smackeroo on the lips for saving her. :fhm:

Sorry, I'm late to the party here but Yes!! I've been thinking that since I first saw her in Avengers. She's adorable! And she'd be so cute with Cap. She should at the very least run into him somewhere, then give him a BIG smackeroo on the lips for saving her. :fhm:
I didn't like her at all in the film since keeping her in the film, without the context of the deleted CA/Steve Rogers scenes, made her seem really out of place

Nothing against Ashley Johnson, but I'll be completely fine with it if they never bring her back for any of the sequels.

So are we any closer to any sort of confirmation on Sharon?

So are we any closer to any sort of confirmation on Sharon?

I'm just guessing here, but if the reports of MEW being Marvel's top choice are true, I'd say we'll probably know something within the next couple of weeks. If she doesn't get the role or turns it down, then probably not til closer to the end of the year.

Well while I'm sure they won't be paired as Love interests in this film (or in any) I am still curious to see on how they develop a mutual respect/partnership between these two after "The Avengers":

tumblr_m98nfhdzFY1ro824uo1_500.jpg

lCxS1.gif

CAN JESSICA BROWN FINDLAY WOO CAPTAIN AMERICA?

354846_1.jpg

SHE shook fans of Downton Abbey by eloping with an Irish chauffeur and now actress Jessica Brown Findlay is poised to take a new screen lover... superhero Captain America.

Jessica, 23, is the frontrunner to play the love interest in the next in the series of Marvel Comics films that have been international box office smashes.

She is available for the movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier after her Downton character, Lady Sybil Crawley, died in childbirth.
Yet she will have to compete for the role against four other young actresses.

They are Emelia Clarke from the TV series Game Of Thrones; Teresa Palmer from sci-fi hit I Am Number Four; Imogen Poots who starred in 28 Weeks Later and Alison Brie from TV’s Mad Men.

Downton’s enormous popularity in the US could give Jessica the edge to become Captain America’s sweetheart.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/354846/Can-Jessica-Brown-Findlay-woo-Captain-America-

Another day, another "front-runner for the female lead":

As spotted by DCMarvelFreshman over at CBM, a British website is reporting that Jessica Brown Findlay, previously mentioned, is now the "front runner."

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/354846/Can-Jessica-Brown-Findlay-woo-Captain-America-

They're probably operating on dated info that we already learned weeks ago, so I'm not personally believing she's any more of a "front runner" than any of the other names mentioned, but hey, it's a report, and it's news, and it just might turn out to be right. Stay tuned.

Edit: and herolee with the ninja, by mere seconds. ;)

Everyone but my cat has been named "front-runner" for the female lead in this movie. It seems like the agents for a bunch of actresses are putting their names forward just to get them some free publicity. Chances are that when the real actress is officially named, she won't be anyone on the so-called "short list" we keep hearing about.

(But seriously, Marvel should give my cat a shot. He's been neutered so he can totally handle the role.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"