The Winter Soldier Love Interest for Captain America II

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the race analogy, if someone says "there's a new front runner" that means, to me, that the previous front runner is no longer a front runner. I think that's what's happening here. If they're meeting with actresses, and then decide to meet with some other actresses, then it looks like those first ones aren't getting the job... or else why meet with others?
It's not as simple as that, a lot of factors(in no order) are taken into account; availability, B.O. draw, chemistry with cast and crew, professionalism, salary, etc.

I don't always believe the "front-runner" part, but I do believe that most actresses mentioned are still in the running, but there is nothing wrong with a studio exploring their options til they find an actress they feel best suits the role.

At this point, I'm ready for them to find someone. This is almost as exhausting as their search for Captain America.

Not quite, in this running, there's not one bad choice. With the Cap shortlists, there were plenty disappointments of potentials. :cwink:

Not quite, in this running, there's not one bad choice. With the Cap shortlists, there were plenty disappointments of potentials. :cwink:

The Cap running was ALL bad choices, or at the very least, miscasts.

Not all of them, there were at least 2-3 good ones pre-Evans if I remember correctly.

Such as? I remember finding them all nailbitingly bad, or at the very least, just not Cap material.

I remember Scott Porter being my fave choice, but I know there were like 1-2 others I would have liked in the role, but it's been so long and I don't want to venture back into that thread. :csad:

It's not as simple as that, a lot of factors(in no order) are taken into account; availability, B.O. draw, chemistry with cast and crew, professionalism, salary, etc.

I don't always believe the "front-runner" part, but I do believe that most actresses mentioned are still in the running, but there is nothing wrong with a studio exploring their options til they find an actress they feel best suits the role.

It is complicated, I agree, and those others are still in the running, but "front runner" implies most likely to get the part, and the person whose, I dunno, availability is in question while other actresses are having meetings for the part is no longer that person, I think.

Breaking news from the Interwebs:

John Krasinski has just been cast to play Sharon Carter, Captain America's love interest in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Details to follow.

John Krasinski has just been cast to play Sharon Carter, Captain America's love interest in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Details to follow.

Better him than his wife.

I remember Scott Porter being my fave choice, but I know there were like 1-2 others I would have liked in the role, but it's been so long and I don't want to venture back into that thread. :csad:

Scott Porter and Mike Vogel I liked

When will they announce the female lead is played by whom?.....Really excited to find out...

The Cap running was ALL bad choices, or at the very least, miscasts.

Yarp. Thank Bob Marvel knew what they wanted and kept going after Evans.

Details to follow.

:funny:

Someone should make that an article on the-site-that-can't-be-named, see if it takes off.

When will they announce the female lead is played by whom?.....Really excited to find out...

Anytime between here and January/February. They start filming in March.

Last edited:
Preferably for this movie, I'd like to see a chick that looks strong and athletic and not a tiny stick figure as Sharon.

Like I dunno Gina Carano but with better acting skills.

Yeah scott porter, I remember him. And Ryan McPartlin, who I thought at least had the right look.

Preferably for this movie, I'd like to see a chick that looks strong and athletic and not a tiny stick figure as Sharon.

Like I dunno Gina Carano but with better acting skills.

Mmmmmm Gina Carano...

gina-carano-gq-02_original_crop_650x440.jpg

I'd like to see her as Elektra!!

Last edited:
Just finished this within the hour.
WMSCMEW.jpg

:yay:
I don't really expect a white suit, but it would be nice; after all Maria Hill and Black Widow while having similar catsuits are not the exact same.

Just finished this within the hour.
WMSCMEW.jpg

:yay:
I don't really expect a white suit, but it would be nice; after all Maria Hill and Black Widow while having similar catsuits are not the exact same.

Nice....I think we have a winner. :)
And yeah, here's hoping Sharon gets a white jumpsuit, since that's the only "iconic" part of her costume.

Nice....I think we have a winner. :)
And yeah, here's hoping Sharon gets a white jumpsuit, since that's the only "iconic" part of her costume.
I don't know if I'd call it iconic. It's a fairly recent addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"