The Winter Soldier Love Interest for Captain America II

Status
Not open for further replies.
the more I think about it I'm not opposed to Aussie actress Teresa Palmer (who had been linked) playing Carter..she has done fight/weapons training in the past..along with connections to Hemsworth

teresa-palmer-number-6.gif
tumblr_mde458ouLx1r27mslo1_500.gif

tumblr_lz8kb7bdwq1r4y3lj.gif

Last edited:
the more I think about it I'm not opposed to Aussie actress Teresa Palmer (who had been linked) playing Carter..she has done fight/weapons training in the past..along with connections to Hemsworth
Haven't seen her in anything, but I'll give her a good long look in that Warm Bodies movie in February, which looks surprisingly good.

I like JBF enough but I certainly hope she doesn't get the role. Something is just off in this regard, which I think is her age. Even though she's 23, she still seems a bit young. I think they need to go at least 26-early 30s. I'm still hoping for Allison Brie but I don't mind Teresa Palmer.

I like JBF enough but I certainly hope she doesn't get the role. Something is just off in this regard, which I think is her age. Even though she's 23, she still seems a bit young. I think they need to go at least 26-early 30s. I'm still hoping for Allison Brie but I don't mind Teresa Palmer.
I'd go late 20s for Sharon. Oddly enough, I like JBF the most because while she is the youngest actress in the running, she looks quite mature and could pass for twenty eight with appropriate makeup and wardrobe.

Apparently Hayley Atwell won't be in the movie at all. Too bad.

I wonder if we will still see an older Peggy Carter in the story.

Apparently Hayley Atwell won't be in the movie at all. Too bad.

I wonder if we will still see an older Peggy Carter in the story.

I think the problem is that if they have Peggy in the film she'd need to be played by an older actress..I'm sorry but those films with scenes of aged makeup have been awful.. Watchmen and Prometheus being standouts of agism.. why spend all that money on makeup when you could easily just hire a talented older actor..it would have been awesome to see Christopher Lee or Peter O'Toole (already referenced with Lawrence of Arabia) play Weyland but no we get an odd/rubber looking Guy Pearce..

Vanessa-Redgrave-in-The-Y-001.jpg

I'd rather see someone like Vanessa Redgrave (with slight amount of makeup) playing an older Peggy..

Teresa Palmer doesn't seem like a very good actress from the movies I seen her in.

I think the problem is that if they have Peggy in the film she'd need to be played by an older actress..I'm sorry but those films with scenes of aged makeup have been awful.. Watchmen and Prometheus being standouts of agism.. why spend all that money on makeup when you could easily just hire a talented older actor..it would have been awesome to see Christopher Lee or Peter O'Toole (already referenced with Lawrence of Arabia) play Weyland but no we get an odd/rubber looking Guy Pearce..

I'd rather see someone like Vanessa Redgrave (with slight amount of makeup) playing an older Peggy..
Well, Watchmen features characters at different points in their lives, and it would have been hard to pull off the transition of Blake between the forties, sixties and eighties and make it look seamless. Prometheus was rather odd, though.

For old Peggy, I'd like Diana Rigg. She looked a bit like Hayley in her youth.

tumblr_meersfsCIa1rrwrmho1_500.jpg

arts-graphics-2008_1185791a.jpg

It's a good point Christopher M. With HD projection and all that it's really exposed how bad age makeup look. But I mean, they might also just decide to not even have Peggy appear at all and just jettison the subplot entirely.

It's a good point Christopher M. With HD projection and all that it's really exposed how bad age makeup look. But I mean, they might also just decide to not even have Peggy appear at all and just jettison the subplot entirely.

that's true they might just have Sharon tell Peggy's story

something just reminded me that Alice Eve (turned down the Emma Frost role in First Class) had been in the running for the Peggy Carter role before Atwell was cast.. anyone against her as Sharon or Carol Danvers? she has decent enough credits now with Star Trek Into Darkness and Men In Black 3.. Hemsworth's big shot was playing Kirk's father in the first film..

tumblr_met002oR7p1qd6v0do1_500.gif

tumblr_melqi6hi2o1rd2xk3o1_500.gif

still holding out the hope that Alison Brie get's a role in something..In my opinion excellent casting for Janet van Dyne.. I can totally see her in an Edgar Wright film

tumblr_m2fk9h6PFg1qdoo05o1_500.gif

tumblr_me0qvbfDS01rbmj5wo1_500.gif

537c63e6_tumblr_lvx0nsXf6a1qfu47lo1_500.gif

Alison-Brie-Smiling-and-Winking.gif

tumblr_m69dhi1GJP1rxtg1go1_500.gif

Last edited:
I think she's a better fit for Ms. Marvel. In terms of looks and star power.

I hope Alison Brie gets the part. I have only seen her in "Scream 4" but I think she will do just fine.

We'll have to know who's cast in the role soon because filming practically begins in a couple months!

:bow:

I'm female, but GAWD, I love this woman.

Judging by that Pic, she should just play Cap!

All joking aside, she'd probably be really good if cast, she's excellent in Community and Mad Men, playing very different characters.

And she's gorgeous, which let's be fair, doesn't hurt.

Yeah, so now I'd be very much okay with MEW as Sharon.

tumblr_mg623jj86N1rliu1vo1_500.jpg

With the success of Les Miserables, I think Amanda Seyfried is a good pick for Sharon Carter. Plus, she's a natural blonde.

I'm surprised no one suggested her yet.

With the success of Les Miserables, I think Amanda Seyfried is a good pick for Sharon Carter. Plus, she's a natural blonde.

I'm surprised no one suggested her yet.
We did, a few months ago. I thought she would make a better enchantress.

I'm feeling the same way. I had my doubts about her initially, but the more I think about, the more I like the idea of her playing Sharon Carter. I'd still prefer Winstead(who's sadly probably no longer in the running), but Palmer is now my second choice for the role. She's really come a long way as an actress and we know she can handle action scenes in a believable way. I have a friend who has seen a test screening of Warm Bodies, and he said she was great in it. He had a lot of praise for both her and for the film... said that it basically gets right everything that Twilight got wrong(along with a good deal of making fun of films like Twilight).

Also, she looks incredibly sexy when holding a firearm. Not everyone can pull that off.

pictures

palmer1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member