The Winter Soldier Love Interest for Captain America II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has really been the biggest non-starter Marvel casting news ever. It was revving up and just...stopped.

Presumably, they already have their female lead. Shooting is in two and a half months, and they need to get to work on costuming and so on. And if it is Sharon, the actress would need to get into training.

Yeah, for all we know they probably already made a casting decision and are just waiting for the right time to announce it.

Last edited:
Yeah, something's definitely up with this casting. The script must not be set, yet.

I'm pretty sure Anthony Mackie mentioned reading the script.. I get the impression the rest of the casting for the film won't take place until after the Oscars.. so the casting announcements don't lost during the hurray of the Super Bowl spots and Academy Awards.. plus if they cast one or two Oscar winners/nominees for either Winter Soldier or Guardians it will look smart on their part..

An interview with Felicity Jones:

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/felicity-jones-interview/

Near the end of the interview, she states she was never in the running for the new Captain America movie and never read a script or tested for a part.

She's a great actress, but totally wrong for Sharon Carter, IMHO.

So maybe that whole report in which she was mentioned was total BS. It included Imogen Poots and Anna Kendrick as well, and that round of names always seemed particularly odd to me, so I'm just gonna choose to believe it was never true, lol.

Seems there actually was some substance to Kendrick being in the running. She told AICN: “All I know is that I can not really say anything.” I would rather she didn't get the part anyhow.

I imagine some of the rumors for actors being looked at sometimes comes from their managers and their agents trying to get their names out there.

Seems there actually was some substance to Kendrick being in the running. She told AICN: “All I know is that I can not really say anything.” I would rather she didn't get the part anyhow.
Well nevermind then, haha.

My gut still tells me it's Atwell.

Here's why:

1. The interview in which she said she wouldn't be back was referring to her role as Peggy Carter--and it makes sense that they would use a much older actress for that part in any new film. But most of the interviewers don't know the Cap backstory and that Sharon Carter is supposedly the spitting image of Peggy. It's just fishy. She's never come flat out and said that she will not be playing Sharon.

2. The COMPLETE lack of any casting news since October. Nothing anywhere. And let's face it, Latino Review gets it wrong more often than they get it right.

3. Atwell has been a VERY busy actress since Cap came out. Several British TV series, miniseries, films, etc. When asked on her Twitter what her next project was, she didn't answer. She's been working nonstop and suddenly, has nothing on the horizon. Maybe training for a Cap start in April?

4. Marvel's notorious focus on secrecy. These guys are masters at keeping stuff under wraps. The Cap/Peggy thing is probably the one people are most interested in finding out what happens next. Do we really think they are just going to DROP the whole thing and move on to a new relationship?

5. All the actresses mentioned, with perhaps the exception of Mary Elizabeth Winstead, are just physically WRONG for Sharon Carter. It doesn't seem like these casting rumors are for Sharon, IMHO.

Hopefully, we'll know something soon. Until then, I'll stand by my theory. LOL.

Here's why:

1. The interview in which she said she wouldn't be back was referring to her role as Peggy Carter--and it makes sense that they would use a much older actress for that part in any new film. But most of the interviewers don't know the Cap backstory and that Sharon Carter is supposedly the spitting image of Peggy. It's just fishy. She's never come flat out and said that she will not be playing Sharon.

2. The COMPLETE lack of any casting news since October. Nothing anywhere. And let's face it, Latino Review gets it wrong more often than they get it right.

3. Atwell has been a VERY busy actress since Cap came out. Several British TV series, miniseries, films, etc. When asked on her Twitter what her next project was, she didn't answer. She's been working nonstop and suddenly, has nothing on the horizon. Maybe training for a Cap start in April?

4. Marvel's notorious focus on secrecy. These guys are masters at keeping stuff under wraps. The Cap/Peggy thing is probably the one people are most interested in finding out what happens next. Do we really think they are just going to DROP the whole thing and move on to a new relationship?

5. All the actresses mentioned, with perhaps the exception of Mary Elizabeth Winstead, are just physically WRONG for Sharon Carter. It doesn't seem like these casting rumors are for Sharon, IMHO.

I doubt it.

Here's why:

I'm not holding my breath.

It's plausible, and HA previously did seem to indicate she was in talks with Marvel, but I think that ship has sailed.

It's a shame. The chemistry between Atwell and Evans was palpable. I imagine Marvel is having a hard time coming up with anything close to that.

Felicity Jones also came out to deny Cap rumors.. with a new denial coming from HeyUGuys in the UK.. I assume that Oscar nominated actress Anna Kendrick is actually the only real candidate since when asked she didn't really say anything either way.. plus, is dating one of the Marvel directors (Edgar Wright) and worked with Evans on Scott Pilgrim.. wouldn't be shocked if Anna ended up with the role

tumblr_lzd72y75An1qd3lh0o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mfcqdaqJts1qbqac0o1_500.gif

tumblr_lxgcq92Thq1r9k6hoo1_500.gif

Anna-Kendrick-3-anna-kendrick-32542566-500-196.gif

130.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh if that turns out to be true. I am not a fan of Kendrick and I think she's completely wrong for Sharon.

I'm not holding my breath.

It's plausible, and HA previously did seem to indicate she was in talks with Marvel, but I think that ship has sailed.
I thought HA gave an interview with a magazine, where she basically said she wouldn't be in the movie.

I can see them using a different actress for old Peggy, so I think her character will be in the movie.

Zooey can stay on The New Girl.

Kendrick can play bubbly just fine.

I assume that Oscar nominated actress Anna Kendrick is actually the only real candidate since when asked she didn't really say anything either way.. plus, is dating one of the Marvel directors (Edgar Wright) and worked with Evans on Scott Pilgrim.. wouldn't be shocked if Anna ended up with the role
I've seen this pointed out as a reason for why she might get the part, and I don't see it.

Like, Edgar Wright hasn't directed a Marvel movie yet, so I don't think he has that type of pull.

I've said it a few times before, Cap doesn't need a female. His only love interest in this movie should be

images

Last edited:
Cap needs to get laid.
It's been 70 years. Maybe longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"