1. Server maintenance is scheduled for today between 11AM and 2PM ET. The site will go down for 15-20 mins. We'll try to get it done before noon.
    Dismiss Notice

Love Interest for Captain America II

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Blackman, May 9, 2012.

?

Love interest for Cap

1. Sharon Carter

2. Wasp

3. Other

4. Sharon Carter

5. Wasp

6. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

"Tales of Suspense #75?" I didn't see that in the photo. :huh:

Regardless of whether people think Vancamp looks like Atwell a lot or not one bit, the fact of the matter is that Sharon doesn't need to look *anything* like Peggy. At best, she's Peggy's granddaughter, but is probably a grand-niece, or even a great-grand. There would be very little genetic resemblance at all.

That's still assuming she's Sharon, which I still assume we should assume. I think DarkRaven's suggestion that she might be Carol Danvers is intriguing, but that'd be a bit of a stretch. For one, there's nothing canonical to attach Cap to Ms. Marvel (they were bitter enemies in Civil War); also, the Mar-Vell/Kree story is so big, twisty and complicated that it would consume Cap's Winter Soldier story. If Ms. Marvel ever shows up in the MCU, I'd bet on it being in GOTG, an Avengers sequel, or better yet, a Phase III solo flick. Cap seems an unlikely movie for her to land in.

2. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

Sharon needs to remind Cap of Peggy. They don't have to look essentially identical like in the comics, but to say Sharon doesn't need to look *anything* like Peggy is going way too far. They'd be better off going with Bernie Rosenthal than going with a Sharon that has zero likeness to her great aunt/grandma.

3. Christopher_M League of Shadows

don't forget Peggy isn't Sharon's mother, she's an aunt... so Emily doesn't have to look exactly like Atwell..

[​IMG]

4. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I distinctly recall that, early on in this particular thread, many moons ago, certain people were horribly offended by the idea that Sharon would look like Peggy. They claimed it generated an "ick factor" that was tantamount to incest, and they thought that general audiences would feel the same way. I told them they were full of ****, but point taken: maybe the less resemblance to Peggy, the better off Sharon's relationship with Cap will be accepted by audiences.

5. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

YAY! I have been watching Emily VanCamp since Brothers & Sisters and now Revenge. So proud of her for getting a movie role like this!

6. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

For all these actresses they've snagged (and don't forget Gwyneth Paltrow) i'm still waiting for them to cast someone as a super powered heroine and not just agents or love interests.

7. Nightwing 52 Things change

I've only seen her in like one ep of Revenge so I'm on a "wait and see" mindset. But look wise she does remind me of Sharon.

8. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Tru dat.
    Bring on Ms. Marvel, Wasp, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch, Tigra, Squirrel Girl....

9. Frico The Man Without Fear

Wow. So Vancamp, Mackie, Stan, Scarjo, Grillo, Jones...The cast is shaping up really well and although we had a lot of good names for Carter I'm happy with Emily. :up:

Yes to Ms. Marvel, Wasp Scarlet Witch and Tigra.

10. marvelrobbins Registered

Having only seen emily's work On revenge I can say she would be great choice for
    Sharon Carter If that Is who she Is playing.

Some have compared her character on Revenge to non costumed female Batman.

Emily and Scarlett Johansson possibly sharing the screen together! That Is great
    especilly If Emily dons shield black leather at some point.

11. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

I find this choice underwhelming, to be frank.

If I had to watch one episode of Revenge to become a fan of her, which would it be?

12. craigdbfan Registered

Seeing all these pictures of Atwell make me sad. I want her back so badly.

I haven't seen Vancamp in anything so I won't pass any judgement. All I know is that Atwell is literally perfection through and through.

13. Christopher_M League of Shadows

[​IMG]

I feel like her relationship with ABC (owned by Disney) helped her chances plus Emily will likely show up in the S.H.I.E.L.D. series.. her casting seems just as odd when Whedon cast Cobie as Hill.. here's hoping they end up adding Union Jack and Zemo..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#888 Christopher_M, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  14. Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Get over it bro :o

15. Saitou Hajime Registered

Either "Betrayal" or "Duplicity". Two episodes which show how tight the line between anti-heroine and villain protagonist Emily walks.

16. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

Nothing wrong with her agent using her in with Disney to get a role in a sequel to a hit film. And yes I am leery of the T.V actresses from the same company because of the Katie Holmes in Batman Begins debacle. I actually didn't mind Lively in Green Lantern. but I don't think she was the best choice for the role. This could be a bad choice or a good one, I just don't know but I'm willing to give her a shot.

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Now that's a hot pic!

I think the ABC connection helped. I don't see the casting as being as odd as Cobie though. Emily seems more spot on casting and is a better actress than Cobie. For Hill, it seemed that Morena Bacarin would've been the logical choice and was someone that Whedon had used before in Firefly.

18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Here's a video of Emily in a fight scene from Revenge for those of you not familiar with her.

[YT]MUjaPIDr7V4[/YT]

19. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

The choreography and dialogue isn't that great, but she actually seems very believable in the role she's playing.

20. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

What "debacle"? :huh: I *much* prefer Katie Holmes to Maggie Gyllenhaal any day of the week.

Anyway: yeah, picking Vancamp is probably Disney cross-promo, and is designed to help *her* exposure as much as it is Cap's. With Revenge quickly becoming ABC's newest hit show, I don't think it's going to hurt anybody.

21. Ksb36 Registered

I do not believe she has been cast as Sharon Carter. I think she will be playing a small role as Carol Danvers, probably as a young Air Force officer. This will be our introduction to Ms. Marvel, who will likely play a role in Guardians and Avengers 2.

In a recent interview with Haley Atwell, she stated she wanted to do some British television work before leaving for LA. Why would Haley be going to LA? Perhaps to shoot Cap 2? We know it will be shot largely in California.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/hayley-attwell-interview-for-black-mirror

Anyway, I am just saying...these Marvel guys are tricksy.

22. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

There's really no reason for Carol to appear here.

23. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Haley also said explicitly that she won't be returning for Cap 2.

And the Deadline article that reported Emily VanCamp said that while the character hasn't been specified, it is a love interest. So the only way she would be Ms Marvel is if she isn't a love interest, unless they change that for these movies. And Emily isn't playing a small role either. She's playing the lead female part. It's not a cameo or supporting role.

24. Christopher_M League of Shadows

grasping at straws.. just accept it hehe no more Atwell, she's even confirmed it

25. Sawyer High King

I believe you're thinking of Once Upon a Time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.