Love Interest for Captain America II

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Blackman, May 9, 2012.

?

Love interest for Cap

1. Sharon Carter

2. Wasp

3. Other

4. Sharon Carter

5. Wasp

6. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frico The Man Without Fear

I was sold on the idea of her as Sharon even before I saw this. But still, pretty good job. :up:

2. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

I really disagree on that.

Like, I actually find EVC prettier than about most of them, but those other actresses have more unique features.

I have a hard time remembering who she looks like if I'm not looking at her, is what I'm saying.

3. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I disagree with that. Emily has a unique looking face IMO. Memorable too.

4. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Funny, I think the same thing about Sharon Carter in the comics.

Look, Sharon is pretty in the comics, but she's not meant to be a knockout. Unlike Natasha, seduction is not part of her toolkit. She is a good, capable agent, whose family history connected her to Steve Rogers far more than her physical attractiveness did.

Personally, I don't think Vancamp is a knockout, either, but I know I'm in the minority on that one, and I'll happily and quietly remain in the minority; and god bless all of you who drool over her. Please continue to do so. The main thing I want to see from her is good acting, some decent gunplay and hand-to-hand, and some believable chemistry with Chris Evans.

5. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

For crying out loud. I'm not complaining she isn't pretty enough. I'm not demanding that she played by a knockout.

I just find her pretty without really interesting to look at.

And while Sharon isn't particularly known for her beauty in the comics, neither is Peggy or Betty Ross. And Maria Hill has been referred to as mannish.

6. JAK® Upstart

I just don't understand why actresses have to live up to our own personal standards of attractiveness.

7. 04nbod I need to debrief you

Sucks for Cap. Iron Man and Thor get oscar winners, he gets the annoying one from Everwood.

8. DarthMuppet Lord John Whorfin

Heaven forbid anyone actually give the girl a chance and see what she can do with the role...

9. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Here's the thing, though: Cap gets the girl who is actually superheroine (or at least action heroine) material. Betty Ross, Pepper Potts and Jane Foster might all be lovely award-winning actresses, but they're just damsels in distress. Cap's girl gets to go on missions and kick ass right there alongside him; and I believe Vancamp is in it for the long haul. Marvel tends to hire TV stars for their recurring lead roles, as oppposed to bigger film stars for the supporting and villain roles. That says to me that she was hired for a multi-film contract.

Which also says to me that Sharon Carter isn't *necessarily* who she's playing. The suggestion has been made, not by me, but I think it's a card that still can be played: Vancamp might be Carol Danvers.

10. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

Oscar winners don't always make for the best action stars.

11. DarthMuppet Lord John Whorfin

I'm fairly certain that with Emily's character being billed as a love interest, we can rule out her being Carol Danvers. I guess it ~could~ happen, but I haven't seen a single thing to suggest that's the direction they're going. She might not be Sharon Carter(although all evidence points to her being Sharon), but I really don't think Carol will appear anywhere in the film.

12. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I hope she is Sharon. If not, it will be like Emma Stone being cast in ASM. Everyone was pleased about it until they found out she wasn't MJ but Gwen Stacy. Then it was like, WTF?

13. DarthMuppet Lord John Whorfin

I agree. The ONLY possibility that makes any sense is her being Sharon Carter.

14. CaptainCanada Shield of the True North

Why wouldn't they sign Steve's girlfriend to a multi-film contract, regardless of who she was? And she's a bigger name than Hayley Atwell, arguably, so that doesn't prove anything.

I wonder if Sharon will run into Starlord at any point in the movieverse.:cwink:

15. DarthMuppet Lord John Whorfin

Exactly. She'll probably be signed to a four or five picture deal regardless of who she's playing. I just wish Marvel would go ahead and release a press statement so all this endless debate over who her character is would cease. I like Carol Danvers also, but really... expecting to see her in this film seems like nothing more than wishful thinking, and in my opinion, doesn't make much sense.

Here's a link to an older news article where the writers for The Winter Soldier even said they wanted to put Sharon in the film(as well as The Falcon):

http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-america-2-screenwriters-40s-scenes/

16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What's stopping Marvel from saying who exactly she is? Why would they hold that information back? Is she not Sharon possibly? Otherwise what other possible reason do they have for not just revealing her character? Is JJ Abrams working on this somehow?

17. DarthMuppet Lord John Whorfin

Simple really, they haven't released their official press release regarding her casting yet. It's not really that they're being secretive or anything. I'm sure her character's identity will be in it when they do. I'd expect it within the next week or so.

18. Majik1387 Registered

Iron Man also had to deal with the annoying girl from Popular and GCB AND Thor had the monotone Kat Dennings that was mainly know for being annoying in teen comedies and 40 Year Old Virgin. :whatever:

VanCamp has done a lot more since Everwood, not fair to hold it against her.

19. Bren Forevernoob

Besides insignificant, she was annoying as hell imo.

20. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I know, it's a long shot. And I firmly believe she *is* Sharon Carter. But I'm leaving just enough room for doubt, due to the fact that I believe Vancamp is getting a multi-pic deal that Sharon may or may not be "worthy" of, and due to the fact that it's getting increasingly harder to find a spot to drop Ms. Marvel into the lineup. :csad: Unless a Ms. Marvel movie gets announced for Phase III, I really don't see her appearing except in someone else's movie; and the only likely candidates I see in the very near future are CATWS, GOTG, or Avengers 2. Otherwise, you can pretty much write off the Avengers' "Wonder Woman," and I just don't think they're going to do that to her.

21. Majik1387 Registered

Coulson's character had a multi-movie deal. Sharon is a hell of a lot more deserving I'm sure.
    Not a good enough reason for doubt. :o

22. Ksb36 Registered

I just went and looked at the casting page on featurefilmcasting.com and this caught my eye: "Still to be cast is Steve Rogers' female love interest in the film, as well as Sharon Carter/Agent 13 among others."

Does this imply to anyone else that Agent 13 and Cap's love interest are not the same person? Hmmmmm......

23. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

:cmad:

24. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Take everything that featurefilmcasting.com posts with a grain of salt; they're usually pretty reliable, but they don't always get accurate info, and sometimes misinterpret the info they *do* get.

However, if there's anything to that at all, another possibility to consider is Diamondback. She's long been a Catwoman-like foil/love interest to Steve. But, of course, you'd have to introduce the Serpent Society first, and there's no real sign of them anywhere on the horizon, so....

I think all roads still lead back to Sharon. I just think the casting site is confused.

*Edit: however, featurefilmcasting.com does have one useful bit of information: the working title for CATWS is Freezerburn.

25. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

I like Dennings. She had a poorly written role in a poorly written film. Atleast she wasn't boring and bland like Portman was. Don't think I blame Portman either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.