The Dark Knight Lucas, Jackman, Schrieber, or Gyllenhaal?

I like Hugh Jackman because the man has range - I mean he can go from this:

promo10.jpg

to this:

bfo_10.jpg

A bit more of Jackman's comment about working for Nolan was added, it's nothing new that we don't know but just a bit different.

Here's Jackman's full quote regarding a role in the BATMAN BEGINS sequel:
"More fanboy stuff. Probably joking around on-set. There's Christian and I .... I'll be honest with you. If Chris [Nolan] rang me, I think of him that highly, I'd do it; but I'm not laying down a sort of, 'I wanna be in this movie.' He's an amazing director." Even with the additional dialogue, he's still saying the same thing: If Nolan asked him he'd do it. Just an FYI.

Jackman wont b/c of Wolverine. And the possibility of his actor in X4

Do yall think that Joker will closely resemble jack Nick?

Taiwarriorz21 said:
Do yall think that Joker will closely resemble jack Nick?

No, but thank you for not making a thread about it. Good job. :up:

StorminNorman said:
No, but thank you for not making a thread about it. Good job. :up:

You got here after the mods deleted his quadruple posts and condensed them. (short one sentence posts a minute apart, in just about every thread).

Katsuro said:
You got here after the mods deleted his quadruple posts and condensed them. (short one sentence posts a minute apart, in just about every thread).

Yea, now that I am going back to see the action I missed the last few hours I am losing all respect I had for this new poster. :( I think June is the only good new poster the past month or so.

Lmao! I just noticed that after mod action, this guys post count went from 100+ to 37. That's... impressive.

Katsuro said:
Lmao! I just noticed that after mod action, this guys post count went from 100+ to 37. That's... impressive.

That is very impressive, I want to give him a cookie...or a virus. I havnt decided which.

StorminNorman said:
That is very impressive, I want to give him a cookie...or a virus. I havnt decided which.

A cookie... laced with a virus?

StorminNorman said:
I like Hugh Jackman because the man has range - I mean he can go from this:

promo10.jpg

to this:

bfo_10.jpg
Point excellently made.

Okay, I know I shouldn't go for the old typecasting excuse, but I just don't see Hugh Jackman as Two Face. To me, that means I haven't seen him as a character that reminds me of something of Two Face. It doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good Two-Face, just that I've never seem him in anything that reminded me of Two Face. Wait - is Two Face with or without a hyphen? I can never remember.

Still, my first choice is now Patrick Dempsey. Then Liev. Jackman's lower on the list.

Keyser Sushi said:
I have my reservations about Jackman as Dent, but that's not one of them. Sure, he usually plays wusses, but he also plays Wolverine, who is every bit the man's man, so I'd say that Jackman can do whatever he likes. My real issue with him is Dent is (and maybe this is just 'cuz I'm used to him as Wolvie) I think he's a little too rough-looking. I usually think of Dent as being sort of... slick-looking. In a manly way, of course. I.E., Billy Dee or, well, Christian Bale...

Jackman can look pretty slick to with a suit and a bit of hair gel. ;)

Dent-Jackmancomparison.jpg

SUPERBENITEZ said:
Jackman can look pretty slick to with a suit and a bit of hair gel. ;)

Dent-Jackmancomparison.jpg

Jackman will always be Wolverine. People identify with him more as Wolverine than any other character. Look at why "Van Helsing" wasn't a big success. People were use to seeing him being Wolverine and also it was partly due to Steven Sommers crafting a very poor movie and trying to assemble all Universal monster movies into one.

Now, Liev works because he's played a number of creepy characters and playboys. Sure, it's typecasting, but his mannerisms and style always have you guessing of what he's going to do next.

I really think Jackman would not be a bad choice. Especially if he has good chemistry with Bale.

NinjaTurtleFan said:
Jackman will always be Wolverine. People identify with him more as Wolverine than any other character. Look at why "Van Helsing" wasn't a big success. People were use to seeing him being Wolverine and also it was partly due to Steven Sommers crafting a very poor movie and trying to assemble all Universal monster movies into one.

Now, Liev works because he's played a number of creepy characters and playboys. Sure, it's typecasting, but his mannerisms and style always have you guessing of what he's going to do next.

Actually, I think it was all due to Sommers crafting a very poor movie - Hugh was his usual dependable self - and turned in a decent performance with what he was given.

Imo - people stayed away because of poor word of mouth for the film, not because they couldnt buy Hugh as a different character.

I accept that a lot of people automatically associate him with the role of Wolverine but taking the part in 'the Prestige' was a really good move. It's gonna show people that he has a lot more to offer as an actor than just Wolverine.

Ronny Shade said:
Stephen Sommers is a hero.

He deserves credit for wanting to give fanboys what they want (Universal monster? Who doesnt want that?!) but he also needs to learn a bit of restraint as well.

Van Helsing was just 2 hours of special effects with no pauses. About half way into it I started to have a fit through the unrellenting flashing lights and explosions! lol.

Plus he changed Van Helsings name to Gabriel because he didnt think Abraham was tough enough. wtf?! ;)

SUPERBENITEZ said:
He deserves credit for wanting to give fanboys what they want (Universal monster? Who doesnt want that?!) but he also needs to learn a bit of restraint as well.

Van Helsing was just 2 hours of special effects with no pauses. About half way into it I started to have a fit through the unrellenting flashing lights and explosions! lol.

Plus he changed Van Helsings name to Gabriel because he didnt think Abraham was tough enough. wtf?! ;)
Yeah, no kidding. Abraham's a manly name. Manlier than Gabriel, anyway - well, no. Gabriel's alright, but it doesn't scream anything more macho then Abraham. Still a good name.

Schrieber has officially won this poll with 43 votes, while Jackman is second with 9, and Lucas with 8...

When the "Two Face 2.0 Poll" comes out, please include Patrick Dempsey. I seriously think he could be good for the role.

He's certainly got the look of Dent, in fact he'd make a great candidate for the role. I'll add him next time as another choice for the poll, considering he's yet to be rumored or attached in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"