Lucifer Lucifer canceled by Fox

famicommander

Sidekick
Reaction score
Three seasons and done on Fox.

There is a slight chance that it could end up somewhere else, like Hulu or the DC Universe streaming service, but no indication that it's being shopped around yet.

Sad times.

And it could be sadder with cancellations for Gotham, iZombie, SHIELD, and (not so sadly) Inhumans probably coming down the pipe later today.

Don't worry guys!! They are bringing back Last Man Standing!! :o

****ing hell. I'm losing shows left and right this week.:waa:

Joe Henderson @Henderson_Joe said:
We created a season finale with a huge cliffhanger so that there was no way Fox could cancel us. Instead, we're going to frustrate the hell out of you fans. I'm so sorry for that. #Lucifer

ForPOJQ.gif

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up too high as it's rare for a show to be saved, but we're not dead yet:
I hear that WBTV is gearing up to shop the series to steaming services and premium cable. Coincidentally, Hulu also owns the SVOD rights of Lucifer, making it a suitable home for that series too, but I hear that appears to be a long shot.

Because of Lucifer’s DC roots, there is also an in-house opportunity — Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment are gearing up to launch a DC Universe, a DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital platform, which will have original series.
http://deadline.com/2018/05/save-lucifer-new-home-warner-bros-canceled-fox-1202388811/

There is recent precedent.

CBS cancelled Supergirl, but CW saved it.

And DC Universe is already reviving the long-dead animated series, Young Justice.

Keep making noise on social media. It won't make a huge difference but it can't hurt.

I really hope they can save the show...i love Lucifer.
But i cant really say i havent seen it coming, the writers etc have only themself to blame.
The last season was horrible with the forced love triangle garbage and overall character writing that seemed way out of character.
The Last episode for example showed again the writing that makes the show good, but that wasnt around for most of the season.
Either way, i hope this show can be saved one way or the other.

I am a huge fan of Arrow and the Flash Lucifer would fit in really well on the CW Lucifer wouldn’t have to worry about that since they already have their writers Arrow Supernatural and Riverdale all have really good writing

****ing hell. I'm losing shows left and right this week.:waa:

ForPOJQ.gif

They wrote a huge cliffhanger “so there was no way Fox could cancel them”? What an idiotic thing for him to say. When did that EVER stop a network from canceling something?

Anytime a show runner ends a season on a cliffhanger without already having another season confirmed it is the show runner that is doing the fans a huge disservice.

Tom Ellis recently said on Twitter that all the fan outpouring online has gotten WB's attention and they are at least trying to see what they can do. So perhaps it could be pulled out of TV purgatory.

EDIT: Also, just had a crazy, maybe impossible idea. I don't know if AMC picks up axed shows, but both Lucifer and Preacher are DC Vertigo properties. They would probably pair well together, more so since Preacher airs during the summer. You could put Lucifer on after that. Long off dream, I know, but just came to mind tonight.

Last edited:
Well it sucks that it's been cancelled, and it'll suck even more if we're left with a massive cliff-hanger, but it wouldn't be the first time a show has ended with a WTF moment.

I do hope it's picked up elsewhere, but all too often now I've gotten invested with a show that was cancelled well before it's time (Terra Nova & Almost Human being two good examples) and they weren't renewed.

If Lucifer is renewed though, I really think they need to drop the murder of the week stuff and go more supernatural - introduce more Heavenly or Hellish aspects, the current format isn't exactly grabbing the audience, and (I'd think) the majority of people watch this for the dynamic between Chloe & Lucy and that ever-waiting reveal, rather than to find out who murdered who every week.

I am a huge fan of Arrow and the Flash Lucifer would fit in really well on the CW Lucifer wouldn’t have to worry about that since they already have their writers Arrow Supernatural and Riverdale all have really good writing
The writing of Arrow & Flash is quite often hit and miss I find, though this year, I've found Flash to really be suffering - generally from a lack of common sense in most parts.

If Lucifer is renewed though, I really think they need to drop the murder of the week stuff and go more supernatural - introduce more Heavenly or Hellish aspects, the current format isn't exactly grabbing the audience, and (I'd think) the majority of people watch this for the dynamic between Chloe & Lucy and that ever-waiting reveal, rather than to find out who murdered who every week.

Yeah, i was hoping the show would go more supernatural.
Having Lucifer not in hell therefore demons and stuff escape hell would have been perfect to introduce a more Fantasy type of show.

As it is, there is this weird mix of a bit supernatural but mostly standard crime show type of storytelling.

I think this could save the show and gain audience again...that or simply not doing a stupid love triangle nobody liked and dragging out the whole will they wont they thing with Chloe and Lucifer.

We will see, the social media buzz is huge from what i gather so some networks probably look at the show already to see if that would be something for them...i do hope the show can be saved.

It would be nice if WB picked it up for their new DC streaming service.

At least do a shortened season to tie things up.

Well now after the Season 3 cliffhanger with that reveal they could really explore that supernatural side, since Chole will have no choice but to believe him now.

Well now after the Season 3 cliffhanger with that reveal they could really explore that supernatural side, since Chole will have no choice but to believe him now.
You know, if we ever do get that fourth season, it wouldn't half surprise me if what Chloe saw was put down to PTSD or something lame like that.

Good riddance. This tripe lasted three seasons and something great like The Inhumans less than one? This world is messed up.

I think you have that reversed. Inhumans was insufferable and yet you come in here to complain a series that actually accomplished not sucking so hard it was canceled before the first episode was bad?

If you had bothered to watch it, you wouldn't have posted that.

If you hate Lucifer so much then why are you even in this section? Just to start some inane pissing contest so you can feel validated?

And Inhumans was a dumpster fire. People watched it and still thought it was a dumpster fire. It being canceled was a mercy to the careers of everyone involved.

Good riddance. This tripe lasted three seasons and something great like The Inhumans less than one? This world is messed up.

I just binge watched INHUMANS because I'm a comic book fan....and the word "great" should not be used anywhere near that show....unless it is used in a sentence like this - GREAT googly mooglies, how the hell did this show get green lit?

I suffered through Inhumans too, hoping it would improve somewhere but it didn't. The tie into the MCU went nowhere and it was a badly thought out series that could have been great if they put more effort into it.

Lucifer was not perfect and it could have been more loyal to the source material but it still was a decent enough show and the way it ended was really unfair to the fans of the series.

Lucifer was never a great show, but it was a good one. Solid, funny with moments of heart and good chemistry with the leads.

I hope it gets picked up by another network, I can see amazon going for it.

If you had bothered to watch it, you wouldn't have posted that.
I watched the entirety of Inhumans, and I'm in agreement with what famicommander posted.

I don't know what it was, but something about Inhumans just didn't work. It didn't deserve to be renewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"