Lucifer canceled by Fox

Discussion in 'Lucifer' started by famicommander, May 11, 2018.

1. Quasar

Quasar Well-Known Member

According to epguides, they've added 2 episodes that will be airing on Memorial Day.

2. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

Unfortunately they are not new ones in that they were already filmed but unaired, slated to air next season, which is no longer happening.

3. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Are these episodes pre Lucifer-Chloe reveal though, or do they happen after? If they're before, where are they supposed to slot in exactly?

If they're after, then I'll definitely watch them. If they're prequels, then honestly, I can't see them adding much more to the story than we've currently got, so I'll wait for the renewal.....

4. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Well-Known Member

They were shot this year but were originally supposed to be aired next year.

5. Flash525

From what I've read about hem on Facebook, they were very Ella centric, and didn't remotely provide any fallout between Lucy & Chloe post reveal.

I can only conclude that they were filmed before this years final, and that the writers/producers didn't plan on the reveal this year, but threw it in as a tease to the fans, so the episodes next year wouldn't have needed to factor in the reveal cause it wouldn't have happened.

6. rashad

rashad Hype Board Junkie

7. Orba

Orba Well-Known Member

I had wondered if Amazon might look at picking it up, Amazon have the exclusive on the series in the UK.

8. famicommander

famicommander Well-Known Member

They had better be fast, because the cast and crew contracts expire on the 16th

https://www.cbr.com/lucifer-season-4-time-running-out/

We'll know by Friday either way.

Do your part if you care about the show. I preordered the season 3 DVDs on Amazon. Keep up the social media stuff.

9. Flash525

Amazon may just be the saviour of the year if they pick this up too (in addition to the Expanse). Doesn't leave much time for negotiations though, however I am hopeful of Season 4. The writers (now that we've had the reveal) need to focus more on the Supernatural element of the show going forward than the do the cop buddy drama if it does get picked up though!

10. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

It would be nice if Amazon does pick it up but after so many hopefully picked up but not false leads I am not betting anything on it.