Lucifer Lucifer General Discussion

TheOneWhoKnocks

Civilian
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2014/09/lucifer-show-pilot-dc-comics-fox-834452/
As Fox feted the premiere of its new series Gotham in New York last night, the network is betting on another drama based on a DC character from a top series creator. Fox has given a put pilot commitment to Lucifer, from Californication creator/executive producer Tom Kapinos and DC Comics sibling Warner Bros. TV, which is behind all DC-themed TV projects.

Lucifer has appeared as a supporting character in the comic book series The Sandman and toplined an eponymous spinoff, both for DC’s Vertigo imprint. Based on the Vertigo characters, the TV series, written and executive produced by Kapinos, centers on Lucifer who, bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for the gorgeous, shimmering insanity of Los Angeles, where he opens an exclusive piano bar called Lux. Warner Bros. TV is producing with Kapinos’ Aggressive Mediocrity.

Warner Bros. TV has been rapidly expanding its live-action DC Comics TV universe. This fall, it is going from one to four primetime series, returning Arrow and freshmen The Flash, Gotham and Constantine. In addition to Lucifer, it is prepping another major broadcast franchise with Supergirl, from Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler, and has Titans nearing pilot green light at TNT.

CAA-repped Kapinos created the comedic drama Californication starring David Duchovny, which recently wrapped its seven-season run on Showtime.

I wonder if this'll be canon to the Sandman movie. Either way, I'm hyped.

Lucifer is one of my favourite series ever. Hopefully this is done well.

It being on Fox still worries me but they did give Gotham a 2nd season so who knows.

I can just imagine the nutjobs coming out and screaming about this.

It's reportedly going to be a police procedural in which Lucifer helps cops catch bad guys because it brings him some amusement.

So basically, it's The Blacklist, with angels and demons.

The damn concept from the comic was already cool enough. Why the f*** did they have to make it a police procedural?! Is there a huge demographic of people watching CSI and Law and Order who say "Gee, this show would be a lot better with Satan."? Seriously who the hell is the target for this show? Had they stuck with the original premise I would have tuned in but for this garbage? I will pass

This just sounds like it should be a bad 1980s buddy cop movie.

One of them is by-the-book homicide detective.

The other one is a bit of a loose cannon.

...who also happens to be the Prince of Darkness!

There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight!

Danny Glover

Judge Reinhold

in

HELL.A.P.D.

Better bleach that hair.

Otherwise, not bad.

Better bleach that hair.

Otherwise, not bad.

You know that aint gonna happen.

For some reason, I just smell cancellation all over this show if it makes it past the pilot.

there goes my dreams of an HBO lucifer :(

If it were 2002 then yes but now? They passed on Preacher, FFS!! Until Time Warner strongarms HBO and Cinemax into getting on the Comic Book adaptation bandwagon (for HBO, again for the first time since Spawn), things will remain the same.

You know that aint gonna happen.

For some reason, I just smell cancellation all over this show if it makes it past the pilot.

I'm already getting flashbacks of Keanu as John Constantine from this...

Remembers LA setting and that ****ing holy shotgun* Make it STHAP!!!!!!

Why would they even get the rights to it then? It has almost nothing to due with the books. They paid a crapton of money for something they could have just done themselves. What idiots are running that... *sees Fox* ah, that'd do it.

Especially when they couldve just used Lucifer that is in public domain, is free. But thats FOX.

That's what I mean. The Lucifer from the comics was a 'guy' who was a deep character rooted in the mythology of the universe he came from, this one is going to be CSI with demons apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"