The Force Awakens Luke Skywalker - Mark Hamill - Part 1

"The Force is with you, young Skywalker,"
dzzcpl.jpg

I'm thrilled he's Back, he my favorite Star Wars Character both in the film and even more so in the expanded universe. I look forward to seeing him in Episode VII with the rest of the gang. I'm very curious to see if he'll be more like Yoda or Obi-Wan as Jedi Master. :jedi

"The Force is with you, young Skywalker,"
dzzcpl.jpg

I'm thrilled he's Back, he my favorite Star Wars Character both in the film and even more so in the expanded universe. I look forward to seeing him in Episode VII with the rest of the gang. I'm very curious to see if he'll be more like Yoda or Obi-Wan as Jedi Master. :jedi

LOL It's Samwise Stamos Skywalker.

Use the force Master Frodo!

I did laugh at someone mentioning that Hamill basically got paid a fortune... to simply turn around. :woot:

Guys, I love this video so much.

[YT]4vGjNnZhJFI[/YT]
Do you think Mark will be practicing kendo for a fight scene in VIII? Is he too old to practice kendo? I really want to see him in an awesome lightsaber duel in VIII. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited:
I did laugh at someone mentioning that Hamill basically got paid a fortune... to simply turn around. :woot:

That took 240 takes! The boy earned his money ;)

...its a contract that his manager and him agree on for the role.
Its not one movie the same amount for the 2nd and third sequel...its a contract for the role in all three pictures... Derp.

Hamill lost 50 pounds for a scene that lasted maybe a minute. They could have just used his face and then CGI it on somebody else's body like they did with Evans in TFA (The First Avenger).

Every now and then
I get a little bit lonely
And you're never coming round

:woot:
Haha, they need to add this scene to the video for that song every time she says 'Turn Around'.

Given how the original cast got screwed with likeness rights, I'm happy Disney done right by them now. Carrie Fisher and mark Hamill both got shafted by Lucas in those original deals.

Guys, I love this video so much.

[YT]4vGjNnZhJFI[/YT]
Do you think Mark will be practicing kendo for a fight scene in VIII? Is he too old to practice kendo? I really want to see him in an awesome lightsaber duel in VIII. Is that too much to ask?

Hardly. $$$ motivates.

LiamNeeson.gif

tumblr_mubw47LCIG1sh6py2o1_500.gif

taken.gif

And this is Hollywood. If there's something he really can't do that's what stunt men and CGI are for.

Given how the original cast got screwed with likeness rights, I'm happy Disney done right by them now. Carrie Fisher and mark Hamill both got shafted by Lucas in those original deals.

Not really. They were unknown actors, lucas made them stars. I bet they were overjoyed when they signed their contracts.

Hamill lost 50 pounds for a scene that lasted maybe a minute. They could have just used his face and then CGI it on somebody else's body like they did with Evans in TFA (The First Avenger).

Hamill would of had to lose the weight for the next movie anyway.

Form the sound of things Hamill, Ford and Fisher were all contractually obliged to get into decent shape. Ford was on a strict diet while filming the movie. Fisher and Hamill have both lost significant amounts of weight since being signed on to return to the franchise.

I love this artist depiction of Luke, can't wait to see him in Episode VIII
Star-Wars-Art-Luke-Skywalker-Star-Wars-VII.jpg

This complaint is one I've seen around, and no offense, but it's pure nonsense. How would that ever be a better solution for the filmmakers, the character, and Hamill himself? Having an awkwardly CG's body when he has to lose weight anyway?

They used CG on Evans because he had to be short and scrawny, and tall and buff in the same movie. Even the same scene at one point. That's the only solution to making him look like the character.

With Hamill, he had to lose weight (aka look better and be healthier) and grow a beard. For three movies, millions of dollars and a big profile boost. It's hardly the worst thing in the world.

Cannot wait to see "Master Skywalker" in the next episode.

I recently read – Star Wars: Darth Vader #6 and I gotta say I like how Vader learns about the existence of his son for the first time. We get a nod to ROTS, but also the bridge story that set up Empire Strikes Back .

Star_Wars_6_Boba_Darth_1.jpg

ymckikblhamclssnmml0.png
darth-vader-learns-luke-is-his-son-3.jpg
darth-vader-learns-luke-is-his-son-4.jpg

darth-vader-learns-luke-is-his-son-5.jpg

Star_Wars_6_Darth_Skywalker.jpg

darth-vader-learns-luke-is-his-son-6.jpg

That was a great issue. Unfortunately the series kind of went downhill after that.

I really hope to see Mark as Luke the Jedi master throughout this new trilogy. Obviously these films are handing off to a younger cast and they're the stars, but I still see Luke Skywalker as the hero. I'm not saying he should be the star, but I would like to see him have some sabre duels and not die and come back as a force ghost like Obi-wan.

What do you guys believe Luke was feeling in the last scene?

I believe he was reacting more to the saber and what it represented (the Jedi order, his failure with Ben Solo) more so than reacting to Rey.

I hope he has the green saber in EP VIII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"