M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) Film Thread

Yeah it will never be that. Visionaries wasn't even that popular back when it was around in the 1980s. It lasted for only one season and 13 episodes.

Now to be clear, I like Visionaries for what it is. I like the concept and premise. But I also don't know how you translate that concept to live action, make it feasible for older viewers and get them to tune in en masse, especially for a toy product that was fairly flash in the pan for its own time.

I know Visionaries wasn't successful but that doesn't mean it couldn't be with some clever revamping/rewriting.

Everyone thought Disney was crazy for making Pirates Of The Caribbean, a movie based on their theme park ride.

I do think some of these properties have potential. With the right people behind them they could make some good films.

Pirates of the Carribbean is pretty much an exception though. And it's elevated by Johnny Depp creating an insane character like Jack Sparrow. Disney was not able to duplicate that success elsewhere. Look at Tomorrowland. The Haunted Mansion. Etc.

i hope they use the Originial Designs this time don't want Black Metal Armors

Yeah it will never be that. Visionaries wasn't even that popular back when it was around in the 1980s. It lasted for only one season and 13 episodes.

Now to be clear, I like Visionaries for what it is. I like the concept and premise. But I also don't know how you translate that concept to live action, make it feasible for older viewers and get them to tune in en masse, especially for a toy product that was fairly flash in the pan for its own time.
Visionaries will probably be reimagined as Iron-Man style armor crossed with medieval knights, with the Hologram projections as giant armored tech beasts they control, cashing in on giant monsters and giant mechas, and sold as a hybrid of Lord of the Rings mythology meets Star Wars otherworldly mysticism and Tech.

[YT]ZviemBWC8SU[/YT]

Last edited:
I remember having some Visionaries toys when I was a kid. It was back when holograms were really popular and toy companies were trying to use them in everything. I guess it might make a cool movie but I doubt it has much of a following. Like Vile said, it wasn't even popular in those days. The only episode I remember was one where they were fighting some type of imps who were throwing pies at everyone.

There's your ****ing movie right there.

Visionaries will probably be reimagined as Iron-Man style armor crossed with medieval knights, with the Hologram projections as giant armored tech beasts they control, cashing in on giant monsters and giant mechas, and sold as a hybrid of Lord of the Rings mythology meets Star Wars otherworldly mysticism and Tech.

Sounds like Masters of the Universe to me ;) .

If you remember, Visionaries is set in a post-apocalyptic future where the secrets of technology have become lost. The totem animals are a type of magic. And the heroes can turn into their totem animals.

[YT]ZviemBWC8SU[/YT]

If they truly wanted to ride on the back of Iron Man, I can think of no better cartoon to adapt than Centurions.

If they truly wanted to ride on the back of Iron Man, I can think of no better cartoon to adapt than Centurions.

Centurions was Ruby-Spears /then distributed Hanna-Barbera / owned by WB.
And the comics were at DC.
latest

Although the toys were Kenner /then Hasbro, so who knows, seems like it could be a licensing nightmare?

Ah right, thats disappointing. Yeah, logistically seems a bit of a nightmare. Shame, because it has potential.

Man...M.A.S.K. was EASILY my favorite of all these shows that came out around then. I'd love to see this get made, but I think it'll be tough to find the right tone. Just as long as they stick with the first season concept and stay far away from the strange racing show it became in the later season. Although, idk if I'll ever be able to see MASK without losing it thanks to the Robot Chicken sketch that added the lyrics to the opening theme, "Ma, ma, ma, M.A.S.K., can someone tell the writers that command doesn't start with a "K"!" The theme was perfect 80's cheese, but you start adding things like that in and I can't keep a straight face. :lmao:

I'm still skeptical they actually move on GI JOE 3 and Micronauts. So much for setting up that whole writers' room.

Paramount will really be desperately hoping Bumblebee can revive Transformers after Last Knight pooped the bed.

I'm surprised they supposedly decided to go with another G.I. Joe numbered sequel honestly. Wasn't the rumor that they were just gonna reboot the whole thing? Given the lukewarm at best reception, I really think that's probably the best thing they could do. G.I Joe with a dead ash Duke never sat great with me.

Deadline April 18, 2018:
Paramount Teams With F. Gary Gray To Turn ‘MASK’ Into Film Franchise
Mike Fleming Jr said:
EXCLUSIVE: Paramount has made a deal with F. Gary Gray to team with Hasbro to develop to direct MASK. The live action film will be built based on the ’80s Kenner action figures and the animated series. MASK is an acronym for Mobile Armored Strike Kommand, a task force led by Matt Trakker whose goal is to take out the criminal organization VENOM. The film will be produced by Hasbro, and Gray. They will move quickly to set a writer to hatch a contemporary subculture movie with a youth empowerment angle.

Gray is coming off $1.2 billion global grossing The Fate of the Furious and Straight Outta Compton, and he is in pre-production on the untitled Men in Black reboot for Sony Pictures that will star Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson. That film, produced by Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald and exec produced by Steven Spielberg, begins production in June for May 17, 2019 release. Gray sparked to MASK because it is a vintage property that could be revamped and have something to say to a contemporary audience. For Paramount, it is exactly the kind of franchise swing that the rebuilding studio needs.

It's not really happening yet. He's developing it and he's attached to direct it. No script. No budget. No green light.

Also, he's attached to do the Men in Black reboot first.

Honestly the last Fast and Furious was basically a MASK movie anyways.

If he generally gets this thing going he gets my respect on that alone. This is like one of the last goddamn things I'd expect to get greenlit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"