M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) Film Thread

Never really a good cartoon per se, but... The vehicle concepts are pretty damn awesome til this day.

All I ask is they look at the two G.I. Joe films and DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

F Gary Gray's last movie Fate of the Furious was pretty much a few elements removed from being a MASK movie.

[YT]wHfXZ9jcX3A[/YT]

[YT]21AMZNGdHsc[/YT]

I'm honestly surprised they're still trying to make this happen. I remember MASK being cool for like one summer when I was a kid and then its popularity fizzled out quickly. I feel like some cartoons like Transformer and GI Joe have remained in the public consciousness, even before they made movies out of them. But MASK? I feel like most people associate the name more with the 1980s movie with Cher.

Last edited:
Honestly the last Fast and Furious was basically a MASK movie anyways.

F Gary Gray's last movie Fate of the Furious was pretty much a few elements removed from being a MASK movie.

[YT]wHfXZ9jcX3A[/YT]

[YT]21AMZNGdHsc[/YT]
If they can crank out 8 of those.
There needs to be room in the universe for at least one of these.

Last edited:
Any chance Rom will be in this?

I think the Rom movie and Hasbro Cinematic Universe thing is dead at the moment. Even this movie seems like it's stalling. Plus, I don't think Rom fits very well into the MASK motif.

MASK Is about crimefighters who fight terrorists and they wear cool masks and drive in vehicles that transform into heavy artillery militarized comic book style vehicles.

Rom is about like an interstellar cyborg warrior who fights like these alien invaders who are hiding in plain sight on Earth almost kind of like in They Live. I don't think they mesh very well.

I feel like a Centurions film would have more potential, better characters, concept, Kirby designs! Anyway, I'm still very curious about this project.

Any chance Rom will be in this?
I think the Rom movie and Hasbro Cinematic Universe thing is dead at the moment. Even this movie seems like it's stalling. Plus, I don't think Rom fits very well into the MASK motif.

MASK Is about crimefighters who fight terrorists and they wear cool masks and drive in vehicles that transform into heavy artillery militarized comic book style vehicles.

Rom is about like an interstellar cyborg warrior who fights like these alien invaders who are hiding in plain sight on Earth almost kind of like in They Live. I don't think they mesh very well.
Yeah MASK seems a better fit with GI Joe or Transformers, in fact it fit exactly right between those two.
As if Joe's somehow got their hands on some Transformers tech., and reverse engineered it onto their own civilian vehicles, to became a secret masked branch of the Joe force.
And even that;;'s a spurious connection.

Other than both being toys, ROM seems like an even harder fit. Although there was even more on the table.
Who knows, I forgot what (link- outrageous plan they had in mind fore their massive shared U,
Would have loved to have seen it!

Thread - Paramount's Hasbro Universe
KOAoFm7.jpg

1499706384-revolution.jpg

Last edited:
I think MASK fits better with GI JOE because you can do it without worrying about aliens and what not. Look how badly X-Men Dark Phoenix came off when they suddenly started adding alien invaders in there, and it wasn't explained well or established at all. Audiences hated it. I'm not saying you can't add in those elements eventually, but you got to establish your baselines first and build those elements up.

Regardless, I'm not expecting film crossovers any time soon. DJ Caruso pitched Paramount on a GI Joe/Transformers movie and Paramount said no. Instead they went with a Snake Eyes origin story

They also don't seem committed to what idea they want next for Transformers.

I think a Hasbro movie universe is just a pipe dream at this point. Even then, the most relevant properties are GI JOE and Transformers, which have had mixed live-action results.

I like MASK a lot, but it was only relevant in the 1980s. It never had a successful revamp after that.

Centurions was a cool toyline and cartoon. However, even that show wasn't all that popular in the 1980s. It didn't go beyond one season.

ROM had like one toy as I recall and then a pretty cool comic book series that came from Marvel for a while that made just this one off Parker Brothers robot action figure into a pretty cool space opera.

Visionaries was not successful in the 1980s.

When you look at GI JOE, what we know as GI JOE, the 1980s Marvel Comics and the Sunbow cartoon, they managed to revamp it in the 1990s and kept it going for a while.

Transformers, same thing. While hardcore fans initially hated it, Beast Wars successfully revamped and rebooted the whole Transformers franchise and made it relevant again. So at the very least, GI JOE and Transformers were able to have successful reboots throughout the 90s and 00s. The other Hasbro properties, not so much.

But I mean, I think other than GI JOE and Transformers, I think if you really wanted to make a movie out of one of these properties, MASK is your best bet. But you have to totally commit to it and make it fun and cool.

MASK is more vehicular based. They are spies/crimefighters who wear special masks and have transforming vehicles.

GI JOE is more military based. Plus, GI JOE is rooted in those 1960s military combat dolls. GI JOE was the original boys action figure but they were those 12" inch dolls with cloth uniforms and such, the kung fu grip, etc. That evolved in the 1980s with the Larry Hama comics and then the Sunbow cartoon, and they went the 3 3/4" figure route.

Still remember the show from my childhood. Will be interesting if they handled the property with respect and not turned it into some Fast & Furious esque B-movie with only cool guys striking poses.

The title Mask was for many years too tied to the Jim Carrey comedy. Now that it's slowly starting to fall into the forgotten void, a M.A.S.K adaption could work

I didn't watch the show (or even know there was one), but I had the red car and black SUV as toys, so I'm casually interested.

MASK is more vehicular based. They are spies/crimefighters who wear special masks and have transforming vehicles.

GI JOE is more military based. Plus, GI JOE is rooted in those 1960s military combat dolls. GI JOE was the original boys action figure but they were those 12" inch dolls with cloth uniforms and such, the kung fu grip, etc. That evolved in the 1980s with the Larry Hama comics and then the Sunbow cartoon, and they went the 3 3/4" figure route.
Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"