M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth

M Night (a decade post his last good film) and Will Smith co-starring with Will Smith's kid (yay for nepotism!).

Honestly you couldn't pay me enough to see this. Some movies you just know will suck months before they come out. This is one of them.

:up:

I think the whole nepotism complaint is played out. I could understand if Jaden had shown to be a bad actor, but he's been pretty good in the movies I have seen him. He's better than the usual child actors.

Think of other child actors at his age, like MacCauley Culkin or Elijah Wood. I'd say Jaden's better than those.

I think the whole nepotism complaint is played out. I could understand if Jaden had shown to be a bad actor, but he's been pretty good in the movies I have seen him. He's better than the usual child actors.

Think of other child actors at his age, like MacCauley Culkin or Elijah Wood. I'd say Jaden's better than those.

Better than Elijah Wood? I don't know about that.

Maybe it's because I'm thinking too much of the crappy movies that Wood was in, like North and The Good Son.

He looks a lot like Will in this pic.

He really does.

Also nepotism complaints are stupid. Show biz families work together all the time and always have. The Smiths production company is fronting a chunk of the cash, it's their business if they want to make it a family project. It's not like they kicked some poor starving cardboard box dwelling kid to the curb so Will's kid could be in another movie.

I quite enjoyed The Good Son. Granted it could be terrible, but I haven't seen it since I was a kid in the 90s.

Evil Macauley Culkin pushing the dummy off the bridge into traffic.... lol

Well of course, I'm just saying that it was meant to be more suspenseful. Instead, the movie just ended up being a joke.

I quite enjoyed The Good Son. Granted it could be terrible, but I haven't seen it since I was a kid in the 90s.

Evil Macauley Culkin pushing the dummy off the bridge into traffic.... lol

I disliked Culkin for awhile after that movie, mainly because he shot the dog. :csad: I know it was just a movie but I was a kid and was thinking "what a little bastard".

No good cam come of this!!

But Hopefully Will Smith will set him straight....

I hope :O

I'm surprised he's still allowed to make movies, really. The Village and the Lady in the Water were bad films. The Happening was terrible. But it was so terrible it was kind of amusing.

But after what he did to Avatar: The Last Airbender?

Too soon.

good thing is m night did'nt write but his directing as of late is bad too lol

James Newton Howard to compose ‘After Earth’ score

Ever since the announcement by Sony Pictures that Mr. Shyamalan’s next film After Earth is with Will Smith and his son Jaden smith, we kept including the term ‘wish’ in our sentences in regards to seeing Mr. James Newton Howard back to composing the score for Mr. Shyamalan’s new film. Without a doubt, the man’s work is quite inspirational and powerful; he has scored over 100 films and is the recipient of eight Academy Award nominations.
We’ve been asked several times by our beloved readers if Mr. Howard is going to compose the score for After Earth, we had a feeling that he would as he is known for his collaborations with Mr. Shyamalan, having scored all his films since The Sixth Sense in 1999. So, here you go, today Mr. Shyamalan via twitter revealed that he needs Mr. Howard to score After Earth during his conversation with Frank Marshall.
Mr. Howard debuted his work for symphony Orchestra; I would Plant A Tree, in February 2009 as part of the Pacific Symphony’s annual American Composers Festival. In 2009, he was awarded a Grammy along with Mr. Hans Zimmer for the soundtrack to blockbuster, The Dark Knight. Seeing Mr. Howard on board with Mr. Shyamalan again, one can expect nothing else, but pure beauty, suspense, emotion and artistic contributions; After Earth is going to be Mr. Howard’s 8th film with M.Night Shyamalan.

updated synopsis from Comic con Press Release
In After Earth, one thousand years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape from Earth, Nova Prime has become mankind’s new home. Legendary General Cypher Raige (played by Will Smith) returns from an extended tour of duty to his estranged family, ready to be a father to his 13-year-old son, Kitai (played by Jaden Smith). When an asteroid storm damages Cypher and Kitai’s craft, they crash-land on a now unfamiliar and dangerous Earth. As his father lies dying in the cockpit, Kitai must trek across the hostile terrain to recover their rescue beacon. His whole life, Kitai has wanted nothing more than to be a soldier like his father. Today, he gets his chance.

''As his father lies dying in the cockpit''

wtf? why is this in an official synopsis?

Maybe there will be some kind of tweest.

I thought this was gonna be a father and son movie. But its only gonna be Jaden for most of the time?

I disliked Culkin for awhile after that movie, mainly because he shot the dog. :csad: I know it was just a movie but I was a kid and was thinking "what a little bastard".

What really disturbed me about that movie when I was young is how kulken dies at the end from his mom. I was young and it was hard to see a kid die on tv

Cypher Raige? That's seriously his name? :dry:

not generic enough like jake sully and john carter lol

or the current one

jack reacher:cwink:

yeah, at least he actually puts effort into naming his characters, I know it's kind of a cliche to say at this point, but maybe Shymalan will actually make another good film again with this one.

Kitai actually sounds like an original and creative name, but Cypher Raige sounds like something a 10 year old kid would come up with because he thinks it sounds really cool. I'm not dismissing the film, just think one character's name is dumb :oldrazz:

yeah, at least he actually puts effort into naming his characters, I know it's kind of a cliche to say at this point, but maybe Shymalan will actually make another good film again with this one.

Its also kind of cliche to say it can't be as bad as his last one. And I certainly can't imagine how it can be worse than The Last Airbender.

Kitai actually sounds like an original and creative name, but Cypher Raige sounds like something a 10 year old kid would come up with because he thinks it sounds really cool. I'm not dismissing the film, just think one character's name is dumb :oldrazz:

Omg that's the twist, his father never existed. He made it all up in his mind.

WHAT A TWIST!
2SM4m.gif

:hehe:

Yeah for the past decade we kept on saying the something and he's failed 3-4 times in a row. Best to keep expectations low. If this movie sucks, then he's done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"