Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. M.U.S.I.C. of S.H.I.E.L.D.

eddy

Make Mine Marvel
Reaction score
So we have a composer for the series now.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/15/agents-of-shield-bear-mccreary-music/

While I'm not familiar with his other projects, Bear McCreary does fantastic work on "The Walking Dead"! What do you think the theme for SHIELD should sound like? I'm listening to the Defiance theme on youtube from that EW article and I think that would be a good template for the music in the series.
[YT]FmxyNZBdwhE[/YT]

Epic yet modern.

Do you think SHIELD should use licensed contemporary music in the show or just steer far away from popular music?

Do you think SHIELD should use licensed contemporary music in the show or just steer far away from popular music?

I don't mind the occasional rental tune but would prefer they stick to a score for the most part.

Also that Defiance track is incredible.

To me, the bar for television music is forever set by Shirley Walker’s score for Batman: The Animated Series. Her melodic invention, the thematic continuity, the attention to detail and luscious production values were — and remain — unrivaled. I scored the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot in the same recording studio where she recorded her Batman. I thought of her that day.
:atp:

As if I couldn't love him more...

POUNDY DRUMS!!

That's always, like, the first thing I think of when I see Bear McCreary's name anywhere. I hadn't realized he did TWD theme too.

[YT]http://youtu.be/faOjeQhwK2Q[/YT]

But my favorite theme song, pretty much of any show, next to Explosions in the Sky for FNL, Mad Men, and The West Wing. And Game of Thrones.

[YT]http://youtu.be/_19IPpFocN4[/YT]

Bear McCreary is a lot like Michael Giacchino for me; I'll pretty much love everything he does. I'm super excited they got him to do my most anticipated new series.

ETA: Why in the world are the videos not showing up?!

Last edited:
POUNDY DRUMS!!

That's always, like, the first thing I think of when I see Bear McCreary's name anywhere. I hadn't realized he did TWD theme too.

[YT]faOjeQhwK2Q[/YT]

But my favorite theme song, pretty much of any show, next to Explosions in the Sky for FNL, Mad Men, and The West Wing. And Game of Thrones.

[YT]_19IPpFocN4[/YT]

Bear McCreary is a lot like Michael Giacchino for me; I'll pretty much love everything he does. I'm super excited they got him to do my most anticipated new series.

ETA: Why in the world are the videos not showing up?!

Just the part after the = goes in the [YT] brackets. They should be working in my quote now.

While I'm not familiar with his other projects,
Please allow me to enlighten thee! His more subdued work on The Walking Dead's got nothing on the epicness of BSG, imo. A few examples:

This was kind of the "main theme" of the show, not in a "main titles" sense, but the theme most often brought back for the big moments:

A battle track that's long but totally worth a full listen, as it really builds. The 2nd half never fails to give me chills:

Behold the poundy drums!

Listen as this haunting piano piece gets melded with..."All Along the Watchtower"?

This one has vocals, but it's quite haunting, and when the orchestra comes in, especially toward the very end, it becomes very powerful, imo:

A goosebumps-inducer:

Arrrgh, must stop there. I have too many favorite tracks, I could be posting them all day, lol.

Last edited:
BTS video blog of the recording sessions for the pilot-

And yes, McCreary's main theme is epic! :)

bear is hit or miss with me.

VPlWoI2.gif

If I had any problems with the show it's that the music was a bit insistent. I was always aware when it was playing

Seemed like Bear toned it down a little for the 4th ep which resulted in a more serious, mature tone. Hopes it keeps up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"