MacBeth (Fassbender, Cotillard)

Am I just an uncultured swine for having a hard time to follow the dialect at times?
Not at all, Drz. I don't use subtitles but there are definitely moments of dialogue that went completely past me, and I'm plenty familiar with the play. But the good thing about Shakespeare, imo, is that even when you don't get exactly what's being said, you can still get the gist and the emotion behind it. At least I've found that to be the case for me when good actors are involved.

While the scenery and visuals were fantastic in this, the highlight for me was still the acting. These were just incredible, nuanced performances, imo, and they are what still stick with me about this film weeks after seeing it.

Last edited:
I can see for those who've not grown up reading this sort of stuff in schools and universities it would be difficult, So no you're not a swine but you are uncultured.:o

I'm familiar with Shakespeare but we never studied it in English. :p

This is now available to watch on Amazon Video. It's free to watch if you are a Prime member.

FINALLY! I thought it would be out on Prime much sooner. Thanks for the heads up, Marvolo. :up:

I bought the DVD a week ago - but stopped watching it for now; it is just too dark and uninteresting. Maybe sometime soon I will put it on again.

I don't mind a bit of Shakespeare - Kenneth Branagh did a wonderful job with Henry V, Much Ado About Nothing and Hamlet. At least MacBeth has subtitles which help a bit.

I saw it a couple weeks ago, it was extremely well made on a technical level. I'm not so much into Shakespeare, so I didn't enjoy as much as others but nonetheless it's a movie worth checking out. I can't wait to see what he does with Assassins Creed.

Watched this...

1_1401198219.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"